PDA

View Full Version : Good/Humour,Strange Websites

Eljohno
3rd October 2005, 20:15
Hello,
just thought i would add this new post just for some interest. Do you know of any websites that you have come across that are either funny, sports related, weird etc etc then let me know.

I will start with an interesting one i came across called;

www.thebubbleburst.co.uk

It is a site about people who were once famous but are now doing everyday jobs that you would have never thought they would have ended up doing.

J

Admin
4th October 2005, 09:11
Win2Win Racing (http://www.win2win.co.uk) - Top class professional gambler with plenty of info. :D

Eljohno
9th February 2006, 22:58
Hi everyone,
now come on i am sure you guys have some good websites that might be of interest to others. Maybe you know some good flight websites or holiday. What about good websites to shop at? Well here are some more from me anyway..

www.seatguru.com

( I just came across this website today which says when you are booking a flight with the airlines they have listed it gives you seating plans so you can pick a seat that maybe suits you better)

www.airline-network.co.uk

(This site is very competitive in its prices)

www.dialaflight.co.uk

(Along with the other flight website i think it is one of the best priced on the web)

I will add more when i can..

John

walesrob
9th February 2006, 23:22
Originally posted by Eljohno@Feb 9 2006, 09:58 PM

www.seatguru.com

John

Quoted post

On my last flight to Hong Kong from Amsterdam, having chosen an exit seat on a KLM 747-Combi (Seat 35A), thinking there was plenty of legroom, it turns out my seat has the exit slide directly in front, so I couldn't sit straight. Ok if the plane ditches, but useless otherwise. To cap it all, we had row 45 on return, right at the back, with no recline. :Doh:
I think the idea of booking your seat on-line before your flight is a good one, however, you have to beat the other 400 passengers first to get the best seat.

deepete
10th February 2006, 01:06
Originally posted by walesrob@Feb 9 2006, 11:22 PM
On my last flight to Hong Kong from Amsterdam, having chosen an exit seat on a KLM 747-Combi (Seat 35A), thinking there was plenty of legroom, it turns out my seat has the exit slide directly in front, so I couldn't sit straight. Ok if the plane ditches, but useless otherwise. To cap it all, we had row 45 on return, right at the back, with no recline. :Doh:
I think the idea of booking your seat on-line before your flight is a good one, however, you have to beat the other 400 passengers first to get the best seat.

Quoted post

I had the same seat on a Singapore airlines flight, and to cap it off the door leaked with rain/condensation or whatever all the way from London to SPore. Also flew back once on Cathay with 300 plus schoolkids flying to London to start a new term

mupsuit
10th February 2006, 11:58
Booking a Seat

When you make your booking ask the airline how soon before depature a seat allocation can be made

I booked in January to fly KLM in early July last year and only received "flight confirmation"

They told me the seats would be released "nn" days before departure and I should call back then - I did it on line (April time) and had no problems

PS - The aircraft type used by KLM to Manila is a Boeing 777 I found this to be a much better aircraft than the B-747 - the seat configuration is 3-3-3 compared to the 747 configuration of 3-4-3 I found the lower passenger load made for a better flight

Plus the inflight entertainment was significantly better than the 747 as each seat could individually select the movie of choice from about 100 features

walesrob
10th February 2006, 12:31
Originally posted by mupsuit@Feb 10 2006, 10:58 AM
Booking a Seat

PS - The aircraft type used by KLM to Manila is a Boeing 777 I found this to be a much better aircraft than the B-747 - the seat configuration is 3-3-3 compared to the 747 configuration of 3-4-3 I found the lower passenger load made for a better flight

Plus the inflight entertainment was significantly better than the 747 as each seat could individually select the movie of choice from about 100 features

Quoted post

Speaking to one of the flight crew on my return flight from HK, KLM will continue using the combi 747 on the AMS -HKG route for a while yet, they have a high passenger/cargo yield. It did surprise me to find the 747combi had no personal tv, only overhead monitors.

Eljohno
17th February 2006, 17:25
Hi i just came across this site yesterday. It has some really funny video clips like the chimp that does karate and a grey parrot that can nearly say and do anything.
Look out for the one were people hide in bins etc just to scare people.

http://www.holylemon.com/

John

Eljohno
22nd February 2006, 22:49
Two funny stories!!!!

My friend actually phoned a place and asked them if they did deliveries, it happened to be the Labour Ward of our local hospital....

I work part time as a 2nd job in a pizza place when someone phoned up and asked if we did, "takeaways"of course we do" my workmate said" then the guy on the phone said "good what is 100 minus 12"

Both of them laughed then the guy said " only joking can i order a pizza" my workmate said " what would you like on it" the reply came. " I want chicken & liver" the customer said. "we do not do liver" was the reply. Then the guy said "of course you do, you do deliveries don't you?"

The irish have a good sense of humour, we are good at laughing at ourselves....

John