PDA

View Full Version : FlightRadar24

KeithD
12th October 2012, 19:56
This is a great site, FlightRadar24, as you can track live flights. It has most of the EU flights to Asia on it, but all other EU & US flights. The Philippines is a bit short on planes, more than likely due to the lack of radar, unlike the US & EU which is covered in them.

The best thing about this is you can switch to Cockpit View :cwm24: This loads up a window with the view out of the cockpit window on Google Earth, amazing. So find a flight over the Grand Canyon and see what the passengers and crew are seeing now :Cuckoo:

You can use the filter to find certain airlines, airports, etc.

I have the app on my Galaxy S3 and if you point it up in the sky at a plane it tells you what it is, and a load of other details about the flight :grosyeux:

Dedworth
12th October 2012, 21:13
The best thing about this is you can switch to Cockpit View :cwm24: This loads up a window with the view out of the cockpit window on Google Earth, amazing. So find a flight over the Grand Canyon and see what the passengers and crew are seeing now :Cuckoo:

I did that the other day on a Luftwaffe aircraft I could see coming in on final approach out of our back window - i like the way you can rotate the cockpit view I had a good look at Windsor Castle :smile:

RickyR
13th October 2012, 06:21
If anyone living in the Philippines wants to expand the network, they'll send you the receiver unit which is quite small and plugs straight into a LAN connection on your router, and then you need to put a small antenna on the roof.

It would be good to expand the coverage, particularly in Manila or Cebu, and would allow people to better track the flights of their loved ones.

les_taxi
13th October 2012, 08:57
Wow thats brill-meant to be tidying up but got transfixed!
While i'm waiting for flights to come in I can see where they are in real time-makes the wait less boring
Good find:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Terpe
13th October 2012, 09:02
Wow! That's amazing :xxgrinning--00xx3:
It's absolutely fascinating.

Thanks for that :xxgrinning--00xx3: