PDA

View Full Version : Child Brides - The Stone Age in the 21st Century

Dedworth
12th October 2012, 13:18
The terrifying world of child brides: Devastating images show girls young enough to be in pre-school who are married off to older men

At age 11, Ghulam was married off to 40-year-old Jaiz in a rural Afghan village, making her only one of more than 10 million young girls who are being forced to wed men old enough to be their fathers or grandfather every year.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2216553/International-Day-Girl-Child-2012-Devastating-images-terrifying-world-child-brides.html#ixzz295Q3tBLY

bigmarco
13th October 2012, 01:06
This is one of those topics that it's probably best not to say what you feel on an open forum for fear of causing offence or being labelled.
But this is why I believe that certain religions or sects will never be accepted or be able to fully integrate into our society. Their practises or beliefs are just totally alien to us.
As a Father of 2 daughters this story just makes me sick to the stomach.

imagine
13th October 2012, 01:23
yes , i know how it makes me feel and what i would like to say but i better keep my mouth zipped,

and on a larger scale keeping it zipped is proberbly why it still goes on here in uk and there,:censored: il stop now :Brick:

Arthur Little
13th October 2012, 01:45
Disgusting ... absolutely DISGUSTING!!! :cwm23:

stevewool
13th October 2012, 07:09
to us its wrong but to them its not, look at there ages in 10 years time, i think its any age below 18 that upsets many, its a differant world out there, it only upsets us when it comes into of world