PDA

View Full Version : GRRR - The Rolling Stones

Terpe
12th October 2012, 10:59
GRRR! by The Rolling Stones is the latest greatest hits album to mark their 50th anniversary celebrations.

To be released 12th November 2012 for most of the world (13th November 2012 in North America.)

Interestingly, it includes their latest single only just now released and aptly called called 'Doom And Gloom'

Doom And Gloom

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=rPFGWVKXxm0

Michael Parnham
12th October 2012, 12:18
Great, always preferred the Stones over the Beatles!

stevie c
12th October 2012, 12:40
Same here Michael I always prefered the stones to the Beatles.....can't see what all the fuss was about with the the Beatles just my opinion

Dedworth
12th October 2012, 12:59
Same here Michael I always prefered the stones to the Beatles.....can't see what all the fuss was about with the the Beatles just my opinion

Me too - Beatles are very lightweight compared to The Stones

gWaPito
12th October 2012, 13:47
Me too - Beatles are very lightweight compared to The Stones

Totally agree...the stones are/were the ultimate live rock band....according to my sister, she saw the beatles live andsaid, they couldn't sing!...really, The Beatles weren't a proper live act.

Bear in mind also the Rolling Stones are still at it...The Beatles folded in 69....so where does this anniversary stuff come from:NoNo:

Btw....check out youtube....Rolling Stones Altamont 1969 Sympathy for the devil.....awesome!

Also Gimme Shelter...pop goes the 60's

Equally awesome! Xxxx

Having said that :) the Beatles did write some great songs alot of ordinary folks could sing as well ...I'll be doing my Hey Jude, oh bloody oh blood ah and that hit, play that funky music white boy routine for the next few weeks...love it!

lastlid
12th October 2012, 14:39
I used to have an acetate of theirs.

365 Rolling Stones (One for Every Day of the Year) by the Andrew Oldham Group. I sold it for a good few bob back in about 1998.