PDA

View Full Version : Canadian Visa

palauotot
3rd October 2005, 07:27
Hi,
I am wondering if anyone has had any experience of getting a Canadian Tourist Visa from the UK.
My wife is currently on a 2 year Spouse visa with the joys and "expense" of the FLR visa ( can't say I wish to remain here myself under this present government ) in a little over 9 months time. There was no problem in getting a Schengen visa (which will be due for a 2nd renewal shortly) for the EU countries other than the initial ball ache of having to travel to London for the initial interview at the German embassy which was the first EU country to be visited after being issued.
The Canadian visa application form is straightforward enough, so it is really down to how they view an application from someone with a UK visa. Apart from the usual documentation I would be enclosing my UK passport, marriage certificate and copies of the flight and hotel bookings etc.
Cheers.

Palauotot

Admin
3rd October 2005, 08:52
I have no experience of this, but as it is still part of the British Empire!!! The visa's are basically granted in the Queen's name, and as she has already given your wife one (pardon!!), I doubt their would be too much trouble.

Someone one here may point out I'm talking my usual utter crap :lol: