PDA

View Full Version : Flying to cebu

cheekee
1st October 2012, 23:28
Hi.

Is it cheaper to fly to manila and get a connecting flight to cebu or to fly direct to cebu ?

What airlines are the cheapest at the moment in your opinion.

cheekee
1st October 2012, 23:42
Also How far in advance do you guys seem to find the best deals.

I seem to be finding the cheapest flights are the ones that are very soon with the far in advance flights being more expensive.

Any websites you can recommend ?

Salamat :)

imagine
1st October 2012, 23:47
xmas time i guess makes it expensive, manila or cebu, cheapest to travel to,, it may depend where your travelling from,

here from abedeen manila was the cheapest, most frequent and shortest route and times, ab to amsterdam to manila,

aberdeen to cebu was about 1 flight per month, 3 times longer in time and more changing flights , also fare was almost double,

blessed_ekim0826
2nd October 2012, 02:15
Check this site for connecting flight from Manila to Cebu.

www.cebupacificair.com
www.airphilexpress.com
www.zestair.com.ph

jake
2nd October 2012, 03:45
Cheapest way is to get a connecting flight from manila. Go to the cebupacific website as they have up to 12 flights a day at about 1,000php one way.

tiger31
2nd October 2012, 05:29
cathay pacific was ideal for me heathrow to hongkong then to cebu fantastic timing only one and half hour wait you arrive at miday .to be honest the cheapest is,nt always the best way .manila is a madhouse i avoid the place like the plague.go direct to cathay pacifics own website i saved 90 quid from going through an agent .asiana airlines nearly always beat everybody in price ive flown with them too .

jonnijon
2nd October 2012, 09:06
Not the cheapest but good and reliable, Singapore air and silk air. Land in Singapore get straight on to the Silk air connection, no waiting about.

Dedworth
2nd October 2012, 10:42
Any websites you can recommend ?

Salamat :)

This is the outfit my wife and her pals normally use

http://www.pic-uk.com/

cheekee
2nd October 2012, 15:56
Check this site for connecting flight from Manila to Cebu.

www.cebupacificair.com
www.airphilexpress.com
www.zestair.com.ph

Thanks Mike

starspireite
2nd October 2012, 17:51
Cheapest I've found in the past is a flight to Manila via one of the middle eastern airlines or a flight to Singapore, followed by a separate flight on Cebu Pacific for example to Cebu from either.

I'm travelling next week and the cheapest I found was connecting through Manila although in the past I've connected through Singapore which would be far preferable. Changing terminals in Manila is a real pain I think.

stevewool
2nd October 2012, 18:21
for me i look way ahead and try to book about 11 months in advance, it works for me, i use skyscanner first and once i have a price to work on try the airline and mix a few dates in that can save you hundreds of pounds by just going early or a later date, also think of a price and if you are happy with it book it, dont be fooled by a cheap price on line, once they have added tax and anything else they can you may be better of going with another airline, also watch out for times you may be waiting for the next flight, try to get the shortest time at the airport and that includes both ways, good luck

Jamesey
2nd October 2012, 19:38
cathay pacific was ideal for me heathrow to hongkong then to cebu fantastic timing only one and half hour wait you arrive at miday .

This is definitely the best way of getting to Cebu. Even if it cost an extra £100 per ticket, I would still go for it. The route is the quickest and the wait in HK will be very short since Cathay Pacific have lots of flights to Cebu.

Also, you won't need to worry about your luggage until you get to Cebu and if you experience any delays, it will be the airline's responsibility to get you to your destination.

hawk
2nd October 2012, 20:07
i booked my flight a week ago 3 month in phil 30 nov till end feb £644 going to clark luzon

Rory
2nd October 2012, 22:02
You do not say where you are from in the Uk. You can get a really good deal from Heathrow to Manila, i got one for £529 and i fly out in 2 weeks time.

Manila to cebu, the best is Cebu Pacific but whatever the price to see, you can double it with luggage and tax. I booked a flight from Manila to Cebu today for the 19th Oct, all in for 1600 peso, chicken feed.

As a few posts above, Cathay Pacific will be least hassle and only stopping in Hong Kong but will be a little more is cost.

It is just about catching the price at the right time on each airline, i have had great deals with Cathay and Qatar before and this time Kuwait. My personal choice of airline is Qatar but they stop flying to Cebu earlier this year. :thumbsdown:

DaveUK
3rd October 2012, 07:52
This is definitely the best way of getting to Cebu. Even if it cost an extra £100 per ticket, I would still go for it. The route is the quickest and the wait in HK will be very short since Cathay Pacific have lots of flights to Cebu.

Also, you won't need to worry about your luggage until you get to Cebu and if you experience any delays, it will be the airline's responsibility to get you to your destination.

Exactly why we're booked with them for our trip next year! :smile:

I know we definitely have paid probably a lot more than we could of done if we went with a different airline, but I have peace of mind that our bags are checked all the way to Cebu (I'm starting in Manchester), and if anything goes wrong, the airline will look after us as they have done previously.

Istoryahe
14th October 2012, 16:20
Hi guys, i thought i ask this question directly to the Filipino community residing in my country. I picked up a Filipino newspaper in Peterborough last week which happened to have lots of ad about flights to Philippines via different airline companies.

We all know of the horror stories when buying cheap flight tickets in Hong Kong - like they dont exist and you end up losing your money, so here's my question.

Before handing my money over to these companies, has anyone ever bought a ticket from these agents. Anywhere i can find out if these people are not daylight robbery agents.

I'd like to fly from here to Cebu and seeing as Cebu has an international airport, Malaysia no longer flies direct from there. Only way for me to get there is via Singapore.

Ako Si Jamie
21st November 2012, 21:35
Hi.

Is it cheaper to fly to manila and get a connecting flight to cebu or to fly direct to cebu ?

What airlines are the cheapest at the moment in your opinion.

Thanks :)Fly to Manila, book it at least 3 months in advance then seperately book flights online to Cebu again in advance. Try Tiger Airways. They're part of Seair and use their planes. You could probably get to Cebu from Manila and back again for about £25 should you book at the right time and have minimal baggage.

Ako Si Jamie
21st November 2012, 21:39
Or alternatively fly to Hong Kong then fly to Cebu with Tiger. Could work out even cheaper.

irishman12
21st November 2012, 22:22
Hi guys, i thought i ask this question directly to the Filipino community residing in my country. I picked up a Filipino newspaper in Peterborough last week which happened to have lots of ad about flights to Philippines via different airline companies.

We all know of the horror stories when buying cheap flight tickets in Hong Kong - like they dont exist and you end up losing your money, so here's my question.

Before handing my money over to these companies, has anyone ever bought a ticket from these agents. Anywhere i can find out if these people are not daylight robbery agents.

I'd like to fly from here to Cebu and seeing as Cebu has an international airport, Malaysia no longer flies direct from there. Only way for me to get there is via Singapore.
maybe too late but cebu pacific has flights from kuala lumpar to cebu

DaveyWallis
22nd November 2012, 01:24
We flew from Heathrow to Davao a few days ago with Singapore Airlines and Silk.

ANYTHING to avoid NAIA and Manila.

Cost was £727 each plus about £100 for the boy. 12.5 hours to Singapore and 3.75 hours to Davao. 1 hour 50 minutes between flights. The flight to Davao then went on to Cebu.

The flight was great, cabin crew were lovely and the food was very good.

There is no comparison between the shuttle bus at NAIA which runs approx every 45 mins and the Skytrain at Singapore which runs every few minutes.

Well worth paying the extra especially when adding on the cost of flights between Manila and Davao.

Have previously flown KLM and Emirates but will choose Singapore Airlines over them in the future.

The return flight has a 4 hour stop over in Singapore so may take a look around the place if the tour is still available.

Andy and Grace

RickyR
22nd November 2012, 06:00
The risks involved in a separate ticket connection in Manila could leave you in a seriously expensive situation should one of the flights be delayed. Neither airline would take responsibility. That being said, many of us have done it on numerous occasions and it is cheaper.

Use websites such as www.kayak.co.uk to try various combinations of dates and departure airports. Flights to the Far East are generally cheapest 4-6 months out, but sometimes become heavily discounted 2-3 weeks prior to departure.

Anything that is offered by an agent should be available online as well if you search for it. If it seems too good to be true, it probably is.

jonnijon
22nd November 2012, 10:09
I flew Singaporeair for 7 years never a problem, never late, never missed a connection. :xxgrinning--00xx3: