PDA

View Full Version : newbie

sarah enano
29th September 2012, 02:20
:)hi..its my first time here coz my bf and i decided to tie the knot once he arrive feb of next year..you see we need help on what to do and how..the pertinent papers we need to accomplish..
i hope this site would greatly help us..
thank you..Godbless..:)

blessed_ekim0826
29th September 2012, 02:52
Hello Sarah, Welcome to the informative forum. Can't help you with this but others can give you more answers with your concern.:)

Terpe
29th September 2012, 12:34
Hello Sarah,
Welcome here to the forum.
What specific issues do you need help with?
Plenty of friendly folk will be happy to help if you can ask some questions.

Arthur Little
29th September 2012, 13:12
Sarah ... :welcomex:

Terpe
29th September 2012, 13:47
Hello Sarah,
Welcome here to the forum.
What specific issues do you need help with?
Plenty of friendly folk will be happy to help if you can ask some questions.

You don't mention how long your fiance is planning to stay in the Philippines or whether it's to be a civil wedding or a Catholic Church wedding.

Generally, if you can be well organised with the needed paperwork and scheduled appointments etc, and your plans work out smoothly and on target you should have no problems getting married within 14-21 timeframe.
Quite a number of people here have been fortunate enough to have achieved it in only 14 days.
21 days is on balance a little bit of a more relaxed approach with some slack built in for resolving problems without too much stress.

Here is some useful general information about overseas marriages (http://www.fco.gov.uk/en/travel-and-living-abroad/your-trip/overseas-weddings)

and some CNI information here (http://ukinthephilippines.fco.gov.uk/en/help-for-british-nationals/living-in-the-philippines/how-to-apply-for-a-cni)
including the British Embassy appointment system and how to apply

Remember that both UK and local Philippine CNI's have 3 months validity, so plan out carefully what needs to be done and when. It's a good idea to make a project plan from wedding day backwards so you can line it all up.

The UK CNI is available from the local registry office of your fiance. It takes 22 days from time of application.
The UK CNI must be presented to British Embassy in the Philippines in order to be issued a Philippine version called a Certificate of Legal Capacity to Marry.
This certificate is needed for the application of a marriage license.

You will also both be required to obtain a CENOMAR (Certificate of No Marriage) from the Philippines NSO (National Statistics Office) so you might need to include this timing contingency as well.

Marriage License - Apply for this in your fiancée's home town at the registry office. (or locality of where marriage will take place)
You might also be requested to attend the "Pre-Marriage Seminar" counselling sessions prior to being allowed to be married. Check and ask when you apply for the marriage license

After you apply for the license there is a mandatory 10 day waiting period while the marriage banns are published

To apply for the Marriage License you should consider having the following documents:-

His birth certificate
His passport
His CNI
His NSO CENOMAR (if needed, please check well beforehand)
His Divorce decree asbsolute (if applicable)

Certificate of 'Pre-Marriage Seminar' (if needed, please check well beforehand)

Your NSO birth certificate (This should be fresh from NSO on latest type of security paper. Check)
Your Passport (or other appropriate ID)
Your Barangay clearance (if needed, please check well beforehand)
Your community tax certificate (often called Cedula. Please check if needed)
Your postal I.D. Address
Your cenomar
Your Parents signed advice form (for under 25 years of age)
Your Parents I.D.

Hope this helps

imagine
29th September 2012, 15:05
Hi Sarah, welcome to the forum:Wave: