PDA

View Full Version : Certificate of Singleness

compldc72
2nd October 2005, 10:59
Once again, thanks for the replies from the earlier post, especially Pete regarding the financial support - you are correct on all your points, I was not the best supporting person there.

anyway, I've been reading some sites and they say (some also say this is rubbish) for my philippine girlfriend to get a fiancee visa to marry me in the UK she also needs to supply these 2 certificates with her application:

Certificate of Singleness - I've also heard that if the embassy wants to know this they will get this themselves.
Birth certificate.

Also, is it possible to book a date with the CAVA call centre so that if I do go out there we can have a date prebooked for when I arrive?

I have let my girlfriend down so she did the same to me - I have told her what she did with this other guy is also my fault.

thanks for your help again,

Lee

ginapeterb
2nd October 2005, 13:37
Originally posted by compldc72@Oct 2 2005, 09:59 AM
Once again, thanks for the replies from the earlier post, especially Pete regarding the financial support - you are correct on all your points, I was not the best supporting person there.

anyway, I've been reading some sites and they say (some also say this is rubbish) for my philippine girlfriend to get a fiancee visa to marry me in the UK she also needs to supply these 2 certificates with her application:

Certificate of Singleness - I've also heard that if the embassy wants to know this they will get this themselves.
Birth certificate.

Also, is it possible to book a date with the CAVA call centre so that if I do go out there we can have a date prebooked for when I arrive?

I have let my girlfriend down so she did the same to me - I have told her what she did with this other guy is also my fault.

thanks for your help again,

Lee

Quoted post

Lee

There is no requirement for your fiancee to obtain a certificate of singleness, I dont know where you got that information from, in my experience, and that of others, it is not a requirement, she certainly needs a birth certificate on NSO Security papers, and with the correct names on, that is her maiden name, and her given name.

Im glad you see the points I have made in the previous thread, that you did not reply on, but now you have started a further thread, it might have been better for you to continue on the previous thread, instead of starting a new topic, however since you have, I will answer here, you should really beware of professional immigration experts, we never claim to be, but there is more experience on the FilipinoUK forum than any other, your best advice will always be here, a certificate of singleness is unheard of, if the Embassy is suspicious about your GF's marital status, they will check with the NSO themselves, which is what is known as "Local checks" once they have completed it, they will advise you of the outcome.

Hope that helps

compldc72
2nd October 2005, 14:34
Originally posted by ginapeterb@Oct 2 2005, 01:37 PM
Lee

There is no requirement for your fiancee to obtain a certificate of singleness, I dont know where you got that information from, in my experience, and that of others, it is not a requirement, she certainly needs a birth certificate on NSO Security papers, and with the correct names on, that is her maiden name, and her given name.

Im glad you see the points I have made in the previous thread, that you did not reply on, but now you have started a further thread, it might have been better for you to continue on the previous thread, instead of starting a new topic, however since you have, I will answer here, you should really beware of professional immigration experts, we never claim to be, but there is more experience on the FilipinoUK forum than any other, your best advice will always be here, a certificate of singleness is unheard of, if the Embassy is suspicious about your GF's marital status, they will check with the NSO themselves, which is what is known as "Local checks" once they have completed it, they will advise you of the outcome.

Hope that helps

Quoted post

Thanks again Pete,

this site is by far the best and most resourceful site I have found,

Do you know much about my other question on the cava call centre. Pre booking a date

As I mentioned before, the only worry I have with my GF's fiancee visa application is this recent gap where we did not communicate with each other for 3-4 months, which has of course been recently. In all my recent visa applications for her I have wrote a small letter explaining when we met and what has happened over the time we have been together but this time I don't know what to put for these 3-4 months. Will they be suspicious that I have left it so long (6 months) since her failed visa to apply for a fiancee visa? My divorced did not complete until 31st March 2005, which is why the visitor visa's were being applied for.
I know how one silly mistake when applying for a visa can be such a problem so I'm trying to find out as much as possible,

thanks again, I hope if things go well I can help on this site one day,

Lee

Admin
2nd October 2005, 14:45
I think only God knows about CAVA....since they keep changing the rules on a whim :huh:

peterdavid
2nd October 2005, 15:07
Originally posted by admin@Oct 2 2005, 01:45 PM
I think only God knows about CAVA....since they keep changing the rules on a whim :huh:

Quoted post

Get your gf to call cava on the rip off premium rate number. Unlike embassy staff, people on the end of this phone line (filipinos) are actually friendly and helpful and will be able to give you details on current waiting times, etc.

They're the friendliest aspect of the whole process, to be honest.

ginapeterb
2nd October 2005, 20:56
Originally posted by peterdavid@Oct 2 2005, 02:07 PM
Get your gf to call cava on the rip off premium rate number. Unlike embassy staff, people on the end of this phone line (filipinos) are actually friendly and helpful and will be able to give you details on current waiting times, etc.

They're the friendliest aspect of the whole process, to be honest.

Quoted post

Lee

Paul is right, just get our GF to call the rip off number, its about P1000 to get through by the time she has called the PLDT number, we understand at present that no interviews are being booked, the current procedure is for the documents to be collected, apart from that, at present we dont really know any more than that, I have a mate whose wife is going through this, so we should be able to get some sense out of what is happening, and will report on the forum when we know which way the cooky is crumbling, they keep changing the goal posts so much that its hard to keep up, as for the 3-4 months situation, I wouldnt worry too much about that, you can always say, you were busy with work, etc etc, and the relationship has been continuous, I wouldnt highlight it, the great thing about being asked questions, is that the ones that are not asked dont need answering, Paul is a lawyer, he can advise you on that.

The Filipinos at the Visa Call centre are quite helpful, and they should be able to advise your GF about the current situations, but I cant add anything further to what the other guys have.

Pauldo
2nd October 2005, 21:44
Originally posted by ginapeterb@Oct 2 2005, 08:56 PM
Lee

Paul is right, just get our GF to call the rip off number, its about P1000 to get through by the time she has called the PLDT number, we understand at present that no interviews are being booked, the current procedure is for the documents to be collected, apart from that, at present we dont really know any more than that, I have a mate whose wife is going through this, so we should be able to get some sense out of what is happening, and will report on the forum when we know which way the cooky is crumbling, they keep changing the goal posts so much that its hard to keep up, as for the 3-4 months situation, I wouldnt worry too much about that, you can always say, you were busy with work, etc etc, and the relationship has been continuous, I wouldnt highlight it, the great thing about being asked questions, is that the ones that are not asked dont need answering, Paul is a lawyer, he can advise you on that.

The Filipinos at the Visa Call centre are quite helpful, and they should be able to advise your GF about the current situations, but I cant add anything further to what the other guys have.

Quoted post

My mom in law just called CAVA from the PI, and they told her it takes just TWO DAYS to collect the application package, from when you call up and book.

But get this, in the PLDT office in Angeles they have an employee of CAVA whose job it is to check the documents in your application and report over the phone that all is complete and it is ready to send. Now that sounds too bloody efficient for the Philippines, so I have sent word that NOBODY in the PLDT office disappears with any of the documents to copy, check or do anything with them. I do not want copies of my payslips or bank statements bouncing around the Philippines undetected.

Call my cynical, call me suspicious, but I really don't trust the people over there any further than I can see them. I mean, who gets to cheque the package if you just call from home?

But, they also say 16-21 days after they collect it you should have some sort of response from the embassy. If not, you can call up and inquire what's happening:

ring ring..

"Er, hello sir, I sent my application in three weeks ago, what's happening po"

"You can call back next week, still being processed, click brrrrr..."

"Er, hello sir, I sent my application in three months ago, what's happening po"

"You can call back next week, still being processed, click brrrrr..."

"Er, hello sir, I sent my application in six months ago, what's happening po"

"You can call back next week, still being processed, click brrrrr..." :rolleyes: