PDA

View Full Version : Srrv

ellumbra
4th August 2007, 01:37
Hi all - A quick bit of background - met my gf online - about to visit for 2nd time in Philippines - we have plans already - I'm waiting for sale of property in UK then hoping to move to Philippines permanently - and get married.
Wish to buy a property over there to live in - condominium - I know the restrictions.
Is the SRRV (Special Resident Retiree's Visa) the only way for this to happen, requiring me to deposit a sum of money in an account over there?(They've recently lowered the amount - $20,000 in my case, being over 50 - and shortened the length of time - 30 days - to wait before investment is permitted).
Thank you.

bigtombowski
4th August 2007, 10:45
this is one issue i have been thinking about lately, if i get a property in the Phils, it needs to be 100% in the (future) wife's name!

not that that should ever be an issue! :D:D

anyone know anything here?

tom

Mich
5th August 2007, 09:25
all i know about this is... foreigners arent allowed to buy properties. so whatever it is u bought, it will be in your spouse's name. :NoNo:

here's a link maybe this can help..

http://cebuonwheels.tripod.com/owning_property_in_the_pi.htm

bigtombowski
5th August 2007, 13:13
it becomes a game of trust at that point don't ya think??

singkit
5th August 2007, 13:17
all i know about this is... foreigners arent allowed to buy properties. so whatever it is u bought, it will be in your spouse's name. :NoNo:

here's a link maybe this can help..

http://cebuonwheels.tripod.com/owning_property_in_the_pi.htm

Good job, Mitch. Well done. Very informative link you brought here.:xxgrinning--00xx3: I'm proud of you, girl!:smileybigtmouth:

bigtombowski
5th August 2007, 13:18
hahaha!
;)

singkit
5th August 2007, 13:28
Hi bigTom, looks like Mitch has gave you a lot of readings to do about this link. Anyway, you have all the time in the world to think about that nipa hut you and Marivic is dreaming about. Regards to both of you:)

bigtombowski
5th August 2007, 13:30
i was thinking more like 2-3 years ;)

thanks Singkit!

How are you this day anyway Mrs Singkit?

LoL

singkit
5th August 2007, 13:35
Hello big tom, am fine thanks for asking. Just been to hospital yesterday. My hubby was not well but he's fine now. Sunny day in Leeds :) Thanks God. I miss sunshine the way you miss Peanutz.:icon_lol: How's Marivic? When is it your plan to meet her? Oooops am being nosy now. Am still looking for a good friend for my cousin :D:D:D Looks like the thread is not working well here. Don't you think?

bigtombowski
5th August 2007, 13:41
Haha, that's true, it seems like there aren't enough guys in the UK who want a beautiful filipina GF like Mitch, LA or your cousin LoL!

I will be going to see Marivic on Dec 15th. :D I cannot wait! I will be spending a month with her and her family and celebrating my birthday, her lolo birthday and christmas :D:D

Im sure, living in Leeds, you miss the sun! LoL!

don't u worry, u can ask anything anytime, this forum is for people to be nosey and not worry about it!

We've never really talked, but i like how u cross reference other threads!

Smart lady!

:D:D

tom

singkit
5th August 2007, 13:49
Wow! That's great! Spending Christmas in the Philippines ? You made me miss my home land again.:bigcry: Yup, you're right we havent talked much. Am a shy girl :Blacklistliar: Am worried about my english grammar.:icon_lol: Ha ha ha. So I really don't talk much. Thanks for the replies.

bigtombowski
5th August 2007, 13:51
hey, don't u worry about being shy! LoL
what part of PI are u from?

singkit
5th August 2007, 13:58
I was born in Manila but my parents are from Bicol region (like Mitch, just different city).

bigtombowski
5th August 2007, 14:01
ahhhh

so you're a Luzon Tagalog person! LoL

i will probably visit your region in dec

singkit
5th August 2007, 14:45
Yup, Tagalog! So Goodluck to your journey to Philippines. Bet Marivic is very excited to meet you. expect a warm welcome from her family because that's the way we do it in the Philippines. We receive you with a big smile and open arms.:) Got to go now Tom, hubby needs the computer. Thanks for the chat. You're a nice guy...Marivic is lucky to have you.

bigtombowski
5th August 2007, 16:17
that's a really nice thing to say! I really appreciate :)

wow, there are nice people on here :D:D

tom