PDA

View Full Version : Croc breaks loose on Australian flight

lastlid
24th September 2012, 16:57
:yikes:

"An Australian baggage handler had a nasty surprise when he opened the cargo door of a Qantas passenger flight to find a crocodile roaming loose in the hold, the airline said Monday.
The reptile, reported to be a relatively small specimen, escaped its transport container during a flight from Brisbane to Melbourne last week, a Qantas spokesman told AFP.
"The animal was quickly and safely secured when the aircraft arrived in Melbourne," the spokesman added.
The crocodile was being transported as freight by cargo firm Australian Air Express. Qantas said it was investigating whether the animal had been in the right container and properly loaded."

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/croc-breaks-loose-australian-flight-051934238.html

bigmarco
24th September 2012, 17:14
Baggage handler probably required a clean pair of trousers after the shock.

Arthur Little
24th September 2012, 17:24
:doh ... I had been intending posting this information ... but Lastlid has "made it snappy" :wizardkl: and beaten me to it! :D

Dedworth
24th September 2012, 17:33
Baggage handler probably required a clean pair of trousers after the shock.

:laugher:

lastlid
24th September 2012, 17:41
:doh ... I had been intending posting this information ... but Lastlid has "made it snappy" :wizardkl: and beaten me to it! :D

A round of crocodile sandwiches please and make it snappy.....

Arthur Little
24th September 2012, 17:51
make it snappy.....

... :yeahthat: might be 'a little' bit difficult for me ... seeing as I'm an OLD croc!

lastlid
24th September 2012, 18:57
Looking at the Daily Mail pictures, it doesnt look like it was in the securest of containers! :omg: Looks like it munched its way out, in fact.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2207829/Crocs-plane-Reptile-escapes-cage-mid-flight-roaming-round-cargo-hold.html#ixzz27PYigQWt
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

"But the crocodile is not the only reptile discovered on the rampage recently.
In India, Air Force pilots have demanded their own squadron of snake charmers after two of their MiG-21 fighter jets were grounded by hitchhiking reptiles."

Arthur Little
24th September 2012, 19:19
Looks like it munched its way out ...

... :D ... bit(e) by bit(e) :D

lastlid
25th September 2012, 06:31
So for those who were thinking about filling their luggage bags full of chocolate, for their next trip to the Philippines. Think again! :omg: :D