PDA

View Full Version : Aiiiii this time next week...........

Iani
23rd September 2012, 09:04
I'll be on my way to Abu Dhabi to meet Krish, then flying together to Phils for our wedding.

Meeting the relatives!! I'm scared :icon_lol:

Her dad wants to go drinking with me, presumably for that male bonding experience, where we can talk about sport, women, bikes and breaking wind or whatever.

4 weeks away from work, woohoo. Haven't seen her since May so can imagine how excited I am.

Off shopping today for a birthday present to take, it's next month so we won't be together for that. Not sure what to get. She says she likes bags - so I'll pick her up a couple at the checkout at Tesco :xxgrinning--00xx3:

stevewool
23rd September 2012, 09:08
all sounds great to me , even the bags from tescos, watch out for the drinking, ithey tried to give me this rum stuff, added that much water to it i did just to hide the taste, have a great time enjoy it all and i think a LV bag is what she would like too:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Iani
23rd September 2012, 09:21
Yes, it's crossed my mind that might happen with the alcohol - get me drunk then pass me a balut :NoNo: I could never be THAT drunk hehe

Doc Alan
23rd September 2012, 09:29
Great news, I can imagine your excitement, and wish you all the best :xxgrinning--00xx3: Hard to advise what to buy for the birthday present ( what about an e-book reader ? ) but I do know how important pasalubong is to our filipino friends :).

andy222
23rd September 2012, 09:52
Have some Tanduay. Puts hairs on your chest. You will have a right headache though after. :laugher:

joebloggs
23rd September 2012, 09:53
Her dad wants to go drinking with me, presumably for that male bonding experience, where we can talk about sport, women, bikes and breaking wind or whatever.

:icon_lol: the misses dad told me about his gun collection, how he had one named after his 4 kids :cwm24:

have a Fantastic time and wedding Iani :xxgrinning--00xx3:

rusty
23rd September 2012, 09:56
Good luck for your upcomming wedding. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

My father-in-law speaks a little english and I do not speak cebuano, so I didn't have to have that talk, but we have shared a few beers together. :66:

jlags90
28th September 2012, 19:10
Iani, don't forget to have someone throw rice grains to both of you....
Try coconut wine! Husband has been bragging about it's taste with his friends... (make sure to brush teeth though ahahaha)

Excited also... One Filipina to come in to sunny yorkshire!

bigmarco
28th September 2012, 19:56
Have a great trip and a fantastic Wedding Ian :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Rosie1958
28th September 2012, 22:05
Wishing you the very best of luck for your forthcoming wedding in the Philippines, Iani ! :wedtoss: I do hope that you managed to find a suitable birthday present :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Iani
29th September 2012, 23:09
Thanks everyone :D
Now I'm really feeling nervous. I still haven't packed, it's 5 past 11 at night, and I need to be up at 4am. Hmmmm suppose it's typical bloke stuff.

I bought Krish a really nice bag for her birthday, wasn't even from the ASDA checkout.

Anyway, I just can't think, so I'm logging off. I'll be back when I'm hitched. Arrrgh :icon_lol:

Arthur Little
30th September 2012, 00:34
Off shopping today for a birthday present to take, it's next month so we won't be together for that. Not sure what to get. She says she likes bags - so I'll pick her up a couple at the checkout at Tesco :xxgrinning--00xx3:

:icon_lol: ... your sense of humour appeals to me, Ian. Anyway, I would like to take this opportunity of wishing you a safe and pleasant trip, a fabulous :wedtoss: to Krish and an altogether GREAT holiday. Bon Voyage! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Crampton
30th September 2012, 01:32

:icon_lol: funny guy. Best of luck and congratulations.:xxgrinning--00xx3: