PDA

View Full Version : Online Dating?

Mich
3rd August 2007, 04:21
Hi guys...

can you give me some tips about getting to know someone online. how to sort out the bad apples from the good ones. :Erm: i really dont trust my own judgment sometimes. i tend to be TOO trusting. Friends told me im gullible. but im just the type of person who dont seem to think negatively about people (unless they have done something to prove otherwise).

i have talked to silvers13 (over IM) and asked for some advice. Thanks for that, silver13. i just thought ill post my query here.

bigtombowski
3rd August 2007, 08:28
hey ate mitch, well my friend, you know my email address and you know that i'll help u if you need anything, you also have Marivic's email address and phone number and she will be willing to help you also :)

so if u got any queries, drop me an email or PM me -- or give marivic an email or a text or a call :D:D

tom

KeithD
3rd August 2007, 08:51
NEVER give them your personnal details for a few months.

Try to sound uninterested, let them chase you, grovel, etc, as you point out, the idiots go for easy pray, if you make them work, they soon give up.

Use http://www.meetic.co.uk/

Tell them you have LOTS of friends who will look after you if they piddle about :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Write down a long list of questions to ask them over weeks, some personal, some about things they may not want to answer, write down the answers, and then ask again in 3-4 weeks, and see if the answers are the same.

.....or I could find you a Welsh farm boy if tou don't mind the smell of pig poo :icon_lol:

bigtombowski
3rd August 2007, 08:57
i think it is a good idea to play slightly hard to get, but once you think you got a good one -- don't play hard to get any more, play "got" :)
this is where a lot of girls mess up :)

KeithD
3rd August 2007, 09:03
i think it is a good idea to play slightly hard to get, but once you think you got a good one -- don't play hard to get any more, play "got" :)
this is where a lot of girls mess up :)

:Brick: You don't play hard to get, so far you've given your personal details to half the forum, Al Qaida, a Nigerian business man, and beelzebob.....

bigtombowski
3rd August 2007, 09:05
once you think you got a good one -- don't play hard to get any more

keef, do they not teach you how to read in primary school in liverpool ;)

haha

tom

KeithD
3rd August 2007, 20:20
Don't they teach you how to handle women with the local slappers? :)

andypaul
3rd August 2007, 21:50
On the phill uk/us forums over the years as well as guys i have read about ladies being duped by guys stringing them a long a liar basically would have a story which might not sound right to a brit or even a phill over here.

Ask a lot about where they live and what they do, run the details past people here.

Good luck and hope you soon meet Mr right

bigtombowski
3rd August 2007, 22:58
Don't they teach you how to handle women with the local slappers? :)

we don't have that in belfast ;)

it's paradise here :D

bigtombowski
3rd August 2007, 22:59
On the phill uk/us forums over the years as well as guys i have read about ladies being duped by guys stringing them a long a liar basically would have a story which might not sound right to a brit or even a phill over here.

Ask a lot about where they live and what they do, run the details past people here.

Good luck and hope you soon meet Mr right

and if the guy says anything embarassing . . . post it here so we can all laugh at it :D:D:D

hahaha!

LOL

joebloggs
4th August 2007, 00:05
:Brick: You don't play hard to get, so far you've given your personal details to half the forum, Al Qaida, a Nigerian business man, and beelzebob.....

who's beelzebob :Erm: and is there such a thing as a Nigerian business man :icon_lol: and are there any Nigerians that are not related to the president of Nigeria, who is trying to get hold of hidden :REGamblMoney01HL1: :Erm: or ones that don't want to buy a moblie phone off ebay for their son in the states :icon_lol:

bigtombowski
4th August 2007, 00:07
Beelzebub is a really old biblical word for Satan . . .

i think the "nigerian businessman" our dear scouser was talking about is Dr Obiabio who is a 419'er

lol!!

ahhhh
anyway . . .

we gotta give Mich some helpful online dating advice :D

KeithD
4th August 2007, 09:37
who's beelzebob

:icon_lol: Bloody spell checker changed it from Beelzebub :NoNo:

bigtombowski
4th August 2007, 10:01
never trust a spell checker made in korea

joebloggs
4th August 2007, 11:57
:icon_lol: Bloody spell checker changed it from Beelzebub :NoNo:

:icon_lol: and scouser keith, you amaze me sometimes, how did you know that:Erm:, i didn't think you've read a book in your whole life :D , yes i'm sure you looked at some mags thou :action-smiley-081: :butthead:

:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Sailor_JT
4th August 2007, 18:07
Best advice I can give is what was given to me that works

1) patience dont hurry anything, if they are genuine they will wait as long as it takes, be wary of those in a hurry
2) judge people by what they do NOT by what they say
3) people interested in you ASK about you and what you like not tell you what they want, what they like
4) people who want to know you as a person dont ask for personal type photos/ webcam shoots etc
5) if not sure about anything any suspicion follow your instincts they are usually right dont let your feelings for wanting a happy life blind you romantically use your head not your heart

Mich
5th August 2007, 09:05
so if u got any queries, drop me an email or PM me -- or give marivic an email or a text or a call :D:D

tom

thanks a lot, brother tom! i'll keep that in mind! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Mich
5th August 2007, 09:07
.....or I could find you a Welsh farm boy if tou don't mind the smell of pig poo :icon_lol:

:icon_lol: if i havent found a good one, i'll let you find me a Welsh farm boy. he'll just wonder why i always faint though? :Erm:

bigtombowski
5th August 2007, 13:03
LoL!

trust me -- you're english will be better than either a welshie or a scouser ;)