PDA

View Full Version : confused

jamine
2nd August 2007, 16:48
hi everyone. kamusta?

allow me to say this forum is very informative.

quite confused. on the webpage of vfs (www.vfs-uk-ph.com), on the requirements check list for settlement, only birth certificate/s of dependant/s if any is/are required.

where as on the visa application checklist, birth certificate of the applicant printed in nso paper is required.

my husband and i met in hong kong and got married there. our marriage certificate is attested by the foreign commonwealth office and the phil embassy in hong kong.

my husband is now back in the uk and i am in cebu.

unfortunately NSO has no file of my birth. apparently, a rather large amount of files had been lost when they were updating their system.

i showed them my passport and the photocopy of my birth certificate (regular one given as soon as you areborn) and i was told it was of no use. i understand, or atleast tried to.

i know what i need to do now. check on the municipality where i was born and take it from there. im aware it would take awhile before i finish this business.

my question being is that, my husband and i decided that i should join him in the uk, would it affect my application if i dont submit my birth cert?

if theres any of you who applied with no birth certificate please let me know what happened.

thank you!

pennybarry
2nd August 2007, 18:51
where ever you are, you can ask your sis, mom or any relative to apply a copy of your BC in your LOCAL CIVIL REGISTRAR OFFICE. And if you got your local BC from your Civil Registrar, u can apply online or can ask travel agency to apply for your NSO Authenticated. It cost around 500 pesos thru travel agency and takes 3 days to release.
Authenticated BC is one of the most important docs that embassy need. So try to work it out. Get in touch with your Local Civil Registrar. Upon your birth registration, Local municipality will give 1 copy for your Mom, 1 for Municipal and 1 for NSO. Sometimes, NSO can't find your name if you give false info. i.e. Date Registered, Bdate etc.

prettyd30
3rd August 2007, 04:54
Hi Jamine better go to the LCR where your BC was registered or if not authorize someone to go there and request for an Electronic Endorsement. You need to show them your old BC and the Negative Cert from NSO (if you have it). You'll have your authenticated BC in Security Paper i guess within 2 weeks. The VFS office will really ask for it. To get an authenticated MC from NSO you need to call DFA Manila @ 028344000 Consular Records Division or go to DFA Cebu and ask for the Dispatch No., Dispatch Date and Reference No. NSO will require this from you since you got married outside the country. Hope this will help. Good Luck! :)

bigtombowski
4th August 2007, 16:22
hi Louella! hope u got my PM ;)

tom

Louella
4th August 2007, 16:28
...you could request your BC in your local registrar where you were born & i think it will take a couple of weeks to get it done. BC is one of the most important things to prove your identity & it's one of the requirements for filing a visa. Don't worry, i know in the end you & your husband will be together & its just normal to encounter hardships... Just be patient...Take care!

Louella & Iain