PDA

View Full Version : Filipino with UK spouse visa travelling to Norway ???

DanandClavs
17th September 2012, 08:41
Hello all,

Could anybody tell me where i would start if i want to take my wife on holiday to Norway ?

She has a filipino passport and a spousal visa to live in the UK.

I have heard of the schengen visa but dont know if that would apply for Norway.

lastlid
17th September 2012, 09:22
Norway isn't part of the EU. :xxgrinning--00xx3: But I am not sure about taking a Filipina wife on a spouse visa there. I would be interested to know the answer to this also.

Beautiful country though. But very expensive.

Terpe
17th September 2012, 09:39
Norway is not an EU member state but is included within the Schengen rules.
The same applies to Iceland, Liechtenstein and Switzerland

First stop should be the Norwegian Embassy website for information on the Schenghen Visa

If travelling together the Schenghen visa should be issued free of charge and the procedure is simple and quick.
(less than 4 weeks.)

Additionally when travelling together the questions on the application form marked with * and in connection with employment, resources, itinerary, medical Insurances etc. do not need to be answered.
The entire form is only three pages long.

Just have your marriage certificate and the UK spouses passport as evidence of marriage to an EEA national.

Simples.

Oh yeah, Norway is very expensive.

lastlid
17th September 2012, 09:45
Heres an interesting article on Norway and Oslo in particular.

A pint of beer, yours for £7

"Welcome to Oslo, the most expensive city in the world, where a pint costs between £5 and £7 and a packet of cigarettes £6."

This was a few years ago in 2006 so no doubt more expensive in 2012.

What I liked about Norway was the snow culture. Gauranteed snow and great skiing.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/money/2006/feb/01/travelnews.travel1

lastlid
17th September 2012, 09:50
And in 2012...pounds per pint....

1: Greenland £7.35

2: Norway £6.07

3: Qatar £6.00

4: Djibouti £5.47

5: Singapore £5.00

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2149209/The-worlds-cheapest-lager-29p-pint--youll-travel-3-000-miles-Britain-sup-it.html

Terpe
17th September 2012, 10:06
Yes, interestingly Oslo is the most expensive city in the world.

Just going by 'Burgernomics' here's the latest result:-

http://media.economist.com/sites/default/files/imagecache/full-width/images/2012/07/blogs/graphic-detail/20120728_woc694.png

lastlid
17th September 2012, 10:18
Yes, interestingly Oslo is the most expensive city in the world.

Just going by 'Burgernomics' here's the latest result:-

http://media.economist.com/sites/default/files/imagecache/full-width/images/2012/07/blogs/graphic-detail/20120728_woc694.png

:xxgrinning--00xx3::icon_lol:

DanandClavs
17th September 2012, 10:27
Norway is not an EU member state but is included within the Schengen rules.
The same applies to Iceland, Liechtenstein and Switzerland

First stop should be the Norwegian Embassy website for information on the Schenghen Visa

If travelling together the Schenghen visa should be issued free of charge and the procedure is simple and quick.
(less than 4 weeks.)

Additionally when travelling together the questions on the application form marked with * and in connection with employment, resources, itinerary, medical Insurances etc. do not need to be answered.
The entire form is only three pages long.

Just have your marriage certificate and the UK spouses passport as evidence of marriage to an EEA national.

Simples.

Oh yeah, Norway is very expensive.

Well, that's a relief.. Looking at the schengen process nearly brought me to tears after just finishing the spousal visa..!

I have heard about the exhorbitant prices but am visiting friends so free accommodation and i will take a big load of alcohol with me :)

:xxgrinning--00xx3:

irishman12
18th September 2012, 18:57
i will take a big load of alcohol with me ?check the alcohol limits first -Alcoholic beverages:

1 liter drink with alcohol strength 22 – 60%

and 1 liter drink with alcohol strength 2,5 -22%, or 2 liter drink with alcohol strength 2,5 – 22%

2 liter beer drink with alcohol strength 2,5 – 4,75%.
This means that a person could for example bring 4 liter beer but no other alcoholic beverages. -not sure if still current rates