PDA

View Full Version : Speed Camera

Admin
30th September 2005, 21:29
How many points you all collected for speeding.....anyone got enough for a free gift yet? :lol:

Never been done in 20 years of driving, I'm always looking out for unmarked cars, hidden Police, etc, and the GPS helps now by telling me where cameras are.

I seldom go over 75mph anyway, and as this is actually under 70mph in the real World it's fine.

I was done for drunk in charge of a motor vehicle back in '92. I was sitting in the car with my mate outside his house getting some air from his missus, and the Police nicked us. I got 10 points, £200 fine, but paid £3000 in extra insurance over 5 years. Were where the buggers when the car got broken into and robbed over 20 times???

walesrob
2nd October 2005, 07:35
Originally posted by admin@Sep 30 2005, 09:29 PM
How many points you all collected for speeding.....anyone got enough for a free gift yet? :lol:

Never been done in 20 years of driving, I'm always looking out for unmarked cars, hidden Police, etc, and the GPS helps now by telling me where cameras are.

I seldom go over 75mph anyway, and as this is actually under 70mph in the real World it's fine.

I was done for drunk in charge of a motor vehicle back in '92. I was sitting in the car with my mate outside his house getting some air from his missus, and the Police nicked us. I got 10 points, £200 fine, but paid £3000 in extra insurance over 5 years. Were where the buggers when the car got broken into and robbed over 20 times???

Quoted post

I'm a boring safe driver me :lol: The only points I have were from early 90's when i was caught speeding on a 250cc moped - a Honda Spacey, pic of one below- doing 50 in a 30 zone :o Mind you back then Gwent Police were in the business of harassing motorcyclists...I reckoned I was pulled over at least twice a month over a 5 year period. With a moped like this, its no wonder..

http://www.drdisk.com.hk/images/spacey_side.jpg

Gary
18th October 2005, 16:25
In 2004, I was using my car back in UK and got done for no insurance or mot or tax, although my car was registered in Frnce (i'd exported it and was still on english plates)...

By rites they should have fined me that 1000 pound fine for not changing the address on my drivers license..the police never even mentioned the difference when i showe my license and gave them my home address..france...

So, just to be on the safe side when i came back over in june 05, i sent my license off to have my french address put on it...dvla sent it back saying they couldn't do this as i lived outside of UK...

I wonder if the local constabulary anywhere in UK realise that motorbikes in France need neither road tax or mot...

it only needs insurance..and that covers multiple riders.not just one.
In UK insurance os for the person to drive a single vehicle. In France the vehicle is insured.... just a littel useless info

and yes, i got points...not the first and i'm sure it wont be the last.

Admin
20th October 2005, 09:24
Doesn't matter what they nick you for on the road, if you don't live in the country, they don't bother with it.

I know a few people who buy vans abroad with foreign plates so they can park on double yellow, as they don't get nicked.