PDA

View Full Version : filipina 101

bigtombowski
31st July 2007, 23:13
does anyone have this book or have read it?

i haven't - am considering getting it, but i don't know if it's gonna be genius or a load of piffle!

any opinions on it : filipina 101??

tom

Peanutz
31st July 2007, 23:16

i haven't - am considering getting it, but i don't know if it's gonna be genius or a load of piffle!

tom

Never heard of that book. What it is all about?

bigtombowski
31st July 2007, 23:17
haha, the clue's in the title my dear sister! LOL

Peanutz
31st July 2007, 23:18
haha, the clue's in the title my dear sister! LOL

I got it...It is all about beautiful Filipinas:D...Why buy them when you already know what it is about?

aromulus
31st July 2007, 23:19

tom

Easily Googleable.....

http://www.theatavist.com/find_filipina_wife.html

bigtombowski
31st July 2007, 23:21
I got it...It is all about beautiful Filipinas:D...Why buy them when you already know what it is about?

i thought it would have insight into the mind of a filipina which will be helpful for me and mar, now and in the future! lol!

i see that there is a lot of talk about "finding a filipina dreamgirl" and all that crud

but . ..

im more interested in the talk of meeting, and culture, and expectations, and marriage and stuff like that!

Peanutz
31st July 2007, 23:21
Easily Googleable.....

http://www.theatavist.com/find_filipina_wife.html

No easier way to earn money!:D

Peanutz
31st July 2007, 23:23
i thought it would have insight into the mind of a filipina which will be helpful for me and mar, now and in the future! lol!

i see that there is a lot of talk about "finding a filipina dreamgirl" and all that crud

but . ..

im more interested in the talk of meeting, and culture, and expectations, and marriage and stuff like that!

I think I should also buy English 101:D

joebloggs
a user guide to finding a filipina wife, never read the instructions for anything , maybe thats where i went wrong. :omg:

bigtombowski
haha!

oh, today i got a lovely email from the widow of the PRESIDENT OF THE BANK of nigeria! she said that for an admin fee of £2,500 i could get a commisson for a transaction that would make me a millionaire :D

i have a good feeling about it!

:D:D

(ya, i know it's a scam ;))

bigtombowski
31st July 2007, 23:24
I think I should also buy English 101:D

English 101?

Don't irritate anyone with "Muhammed" or "Ali" in their name . . . that's the way it is from what i saw having lived in england for a year :)

Peanutz
31st July 2007, 23:25
a user guide to finding a filipina wife, never read the instructions for anything , maybe thats where i went wrong. :omg:

Too late Joe!!!:D You are now condemned on lifetime happiness:rolleyes:

bigtombowski

haha, does it tell u how to inflate?

bigtombowski
Too late Joe!!!:D You are now condemned on lifetime happiness:rolleyes:

how beautiful

Peanutz
31st July 2007, 23:27
haha!

oh, today i got a lovely email from the widow of the PRESIDENT OF THE BANK of nigeria! she said that for an admin fee of £2,500 i could get a commisson for a transaction that would make me a millionaire :D

i have a good feeling about it!

:D:D

(ya, i know it's a scam ;))

I thought it was for £5,500:NoNo: I was tempted but then I changed my mind...

:icon_lol:

joebloggs
31st July 2007, 23:27
i'm still trying to find the off button :cwm24:
and iam on page 100 :yikes: no mention :bigcry:

bigtombowski
31st July 2007, 23:29
awww! lol

and that nice christian lady in zimbabwe . ..
awwww

i think i'll help her by letting her money rest in my account whilst i get my $10,000 (TEN MILLION) UNITED STATES DOLLARS! lol

(like i don't understand the numerical figures! lol)!

Peanutz
31st July 2007, 23:29

:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:You have to get the second book!

bigtombowski
31st July 2007, 23:30

just deflate :)

joebloggs
31st July 2007, 23:31
I thought it was for £5,500:NoNo: I was tempted but then I changed my mind...

:icon_lol:

its a scam one you've got tom, his widow :icon_lol:the president is not dead, me and him have been emailing each other for weeks about getting his £100m out of his swiss bank account and transfering it by western union :D , and my getting a 10% cut, i've just got to pay for the bank charge of £2000 :xxgrinning--00xx3:

bigtombowski
31st July 2007, 23:32
so now u can leave that job of urs,coz where you're going u don't need any money! lol

aromulus
31st July 2007, 23:33

but . ..

Try this book.

http://filipinawives.com/

Keith......... for my defense I can only say that the site is down, and will stay down, and only the intro is available on read only.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

joebloggs
31st July 2007, 23:34
only place i'm going is bed before the little guy wakes up and not stop maoning til he's sleeping next to my wife, and taking up most of the bed, and i get to sleep with dog on the sofa :yikes::bigcry:

Peanutz
31st July 2007, 23:35
only place i'm going is bed before the little guy wakes up and not stop maoning til he's sleeping next to my wife, and taking up most of the bed, and i get to sleep with dog on the sofa :yikes::bigcry:

How romantic Joe:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

bigtombowski
31st July 2007, 23:36
ive got all that to look forward to! ode to joy! LOL

bigtombowski
31st July 2007, 23:36
How romantic Joe:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

joe and the dog having a cuddle on the couch right? lol

joebloggs
1st August 2007, 00:01
tom, see if you can find a pilot guide /lonely planet philippines dvd and you'll have an idea of what you'll see when you get there in dec.

or watch the excellent WOW comericals from a couple of years ago on your tube :xxgrinning--00xx3:

just a few of them
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpHGRRR4tOU&mode=related&search=
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KWrlMHy0OQ0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YdBANriBrlw&mode=related&search=

or have a look around the wow web site
http://www.wowphilippines.com.ph/

and filipina's be proud :xxgrinning--00xx3:

bigtombowski
1st August 2007, 00:11
thank you so much joeseph bloggs!

I really appreciate your links :)

and i gotta say -- along with Ate Peanutz --

you really do have such a wonderful blessed life and you're a great family man

so "more power" as they say in RP! :D

tom

joebloggs
1st August 2007, 00:24
thanks

i take the :censored: a lot of of my wife :D, but thats all it is, she is the best :xxgrinning--00xx3:, and i really miss the philippines..

if you look on you tube you might find the good wow commericals , they were really good, pitty they never showed them in the uk :NoNo:

amazing country and people :xxgrinning--00xx3:

you cannot find a better partner or wife than a filipina. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

bigtombowski
1st August 2007, 00:26
YAY

joe, have u ever thought of just moving to the pilipines?

joebloggs
1st August 2007, 11:02
yes, thats our plans, but my wife is a reg doc in the philippines, and the pay there is a joke for a doc, less than £200 a month, so shes started to revise for her board exams here in the uk, so she can work as a doc here, its going to take about another year before she starting working as a doc yet, and train if she can as a consultant thats aonther 3 or 4 years, save up, pay off our debts, buy a house in the philippines, and in what maybe 7-10 years go and live there for a few years, come back to the uk and start saving again, then go back, .....................

have the best of both worlds, and the good news is , shes 6years younger than me, so she will still be working when i retire :xxgrinning--00xx3:, oh i know i'll not get a job in the phlippines, so she will be the bread winner. mens lib :xxgrinning--00xx3:

bigtombowski
1st August 2007, 11:04
lol!

me and mar hope to be in the position to move to the phils maybe 2 years after marriage :)

joebloggs
1st August 2007, 13:12
so when u getting married 2027 :Erm: :D

what you going to do in pinoyland ?
i'm thinking of maybe teaching english, or IT, my mother in law is head of a big department at Palawn state uni, so maybe she could get me a job in there. if not maybe i'll set up a business :Erm: , or just sit under a coca nut tree and think how i beat the odds and ended up there :xxgrinning--00xx3:

bigtombowski
1st August 2007, 20:36
to answer your question . ..

the plan is to rent the house to students and young professionals (i got 4 bedroomed house just next to the 2 main hospitals in NI and also beside the main uni . . . and also 15 min walk to city centre . . .. ) and we'll have about £700 a month . . .

this should provide most of our living expenses, i expect

mar has 3 years' experience of managing an internet cafe, so we'll possibly have one of those . ..

i'd like to build some houses there with habitat for humanity too and teach poor people english for free (even though i am from belfast! LOL)...

:D

im happy with the "simple life"! a simple house close to bayawan boulevard would be cool .. .
and i was looking at some advertisements -- someone was selling a house there for £4,000! .. . and the internet cafe was for sale for £1,000 i think .. .. so, it seems like a nice deal :D:D

tom

joebloggs
2nd August 2007, 00:40
you've no mortgage on your house? .. i've thought about doing the same, buy the house i live in from my mom, actually not that easy as if i did social services would start charging her for her care at £465 a week :NoNo:...

£700 a month you would live like a king or queen :D

your an idealist :D, well there are a lot of kids, who's parents cannot afford to send them to school. or even provide them with medical care. my wife has told me stories of how adults and kids have died becuase they couldn't afford to pay for basic medicine or treatment, she told me about how as a student doc, they would take it in turns, in their own free time for hours at a timee to use hand operated medical equipment to keep kids alive, as the parents couldn't afford to pay for machine operated equipement. :cwm24:

hope you've got big and deep pockets if you've got plans to help the poor :cwm24:

£4000 for a house, you can still buy a house in liverpud for that and have some change :D, but the pinoy houses are not built from brick, but concrete, breeze block, they will not last like the 120yr old house i live in :D

but sounds like a good idea, but if you rent it out, your going to have to get someone you can trust or an agency to collect the money and look after the house.

bigtombowski
2nd August 2007, 00:51
you've no mortgage on your house? .. i

NOPE! YAY!

've thought about doing the same, buy the house i live in from my mom, actually not that easy as if i did social services would start charging her for her care at £465 a week :NoNo:...

BUMMER! MY mom and dad get everything free coz my dad is on mobility and stuff

£700 a month you would live like a king or queen :D

I've heard that and i believe that it's the dream so -- why not right? and in the provinces, I can live like a bloody emperor on that sort of money! LOL

your an idealist :D,

Yes my brother, I am! :D:D:D

well there are a lot of kids, who's parents cannot afford to send them to school. or even provide them with medical care.

yeah, that's realy sad to hear joe

my wife has told me stories of how adults and kids have died becuase they couldn't afford to pay for basic medicine or treatment, she told me about how as a student doc, they would take it in turns, in their own free time for hours at a timee to use hand operated medical equipment to keep kids alive, as the parents couldn't afford to pay for machine operated equipement. :cwm24:

sad sad -- it would be nice to have the NHS there right?
hope you've got big and deep pockets if you've got plans to help the poor :cwm24:

I'l do only what i can afford coz my wife and kids will come first :D

£4000 for a house,

mind you -- it was a small one ;)

you can still buy a house in liverpud for that and have some change :D

but why the :censored: would anyone want to ??? LOL

, but the pinoy houses are not built from brick, but concrete, breeze block, they will not last like the 120yr old house i live in :D

thats ok -- i don't plan to live 120 years ;) LOL plus, I have one of those 120 yr houses mortgage free anyway :D:D:D:D:D

but sounds like a good idea, but if you rent it out, your going to have to get someone you can trust or an agency to collect the money and look after the house.

the £700 i mentioned is factoring in the 12% or so handling fee the **good** agencies charge! LOL

tom! :D:D

Peanutz
2nd August 2007, 00:52
to answer your question . ..

the plan is to rent the house to students and young professionals (i got 4 bedroomed house just next to the 2 main hospitals in NI and also beside the main uni . . . and also 15 min walk to city centre . . .. ) and we'll have about £700 a month . . .

this should provide most of our living expenses, i expect

mar has 3 years' experience of managing an internet cafe, so we'll possibly have one of those . ..

i'd like to build some houses there with habitat for humanity too and teach poor people english for free (even though i am from belfast! LOL)...

:D

im happy with the "simple life"! a simple house close to bayawan boulevard would be cool .. .
and i was looking at some advertisements -- someone was selling a house there for £4,000! .. . and the internet cafe was for sale for £1,000 i think .. .. so, it seems like a nice deal :D:D

tom

What a noble thing to do for my country TOM. Teaching english for poor kids. If I can be of any help just give me a shout, it's been sometime now that I am thinking of doing this kind of things. I am also thinking if there is a way to give those children abandoned on the streets a helping hand. It will need a research and a study, I know that it is not easy, it is not like just to go there and give help. This will be my objective in the near future, even if I can't do it directly, I would like to contact those organization who are already operating for this matter. I might convince hubby when our retire moment come to go back in Fil and build a charity home for children. :)

bigtombowski
2nd August 2007, 00:52
ya, i know - i hate to reply in the grey box :( LOL

i am just not a whiz! LOL

5olidsnake
6th August 2007, 19:08
Originally Posted by joebloggs
tom, see if you can find a pilot guide /lonely planet philippines dvd and you'll have an idea of what you'll see when you get there in dec.

tom have a copy of the pilot guide philippines dvd, if you are interested can post you a disc, PM me your address i' ll get it in post

regards martin

bigtombowski
6th August 2007, 20:51
hanks mate :D:D i will do! cheers buddy

bigtombowski
6th August 2007, 20:55
What a noble thing to do for my country TOM. Teaching english for poor kids. If I can be of any help just give me a shout, it's been sometime now that I am thinking of doing this kind of things. I am also thinking if there is a way to give those children abandoned on the streets a helping hand. It will need a research and a study, I know that it is not easy, it is not like just to go there and give help. This will be my objective in the near future, even if I can't do it directly, I would like to contact those organization who are already operating for this matter. I might convince hubby when our retire moment come to go back in Fil and build a charity home for children. :)

Thank you pea! Somehow, i missed out your post when i was replying before. apologies

I thank you for your encouragement and I really do want to help with all the things you have displayed an interest in.

I plan to set up an organisation of some sort when i'm there, just a small one, that is concerned with helping the poor and needy and those who have no means to help themselves. The street kids, the abandoned, the lonely, the hurting, and just to bring some value into their lives!

I;m willing to live relatively humbly with a bamboo house (nipa) and just work for justice for those unable to help themselves :D:D:D

Maybe, you and your hubby can help by raising awareness here in UK some way :D:D:D

Oooohhh, Pea, how are things in your new home here in UK with your new husband? Is everything going well ate G?

well, i hope u are back here soon

tom