PDA

View Full Version : filipino style time aspect

petti
31st July 2007, 21:03
How about some pointers for the filipinas in here.

I can get really mad sometimes, about the filipino way of planning and care about agreements. We western men are used to go by the clock.
And stick to the plan.

So... the woman was in here and wanted to visit a friend. "ill be back in 1 hour" she said. waaaaah, ... she stayed in almost 4 hours,
without giving me a notice.

When i sometimes agree to give a call to her, and she accepts to wait for me...note that its 6 hour difference in time. "ill call you at 10pm your time".
OK, i call.... then she has turned off the cell and gone to bed without further notice. Come on, is thats too mutch to ask for ??

Filipino way of borrow, is the same as never return, and say "oh thats mine to keep"...

"ok lets go for a visit tomorro, all is set"... that meaning if someone invite you
for a visit in there, and have an arrangement, you cannot expect it to really happen. Suddenly something unexpekted and another plan may come up.

And how about... "if im not going today i will go tomorro"....YEAH! ..or next week:cwm24:

Any comments?

By the way this is not all personal examples, but almost, hehe

bigtombowski
31st July 2007, 22:48
well mate, that's the filipino way! lol!

my previous gal was a jamaican, so i'm well used to it by now!

tom

mach
1st August 2007, 02:36
How about some pointers for the filipinas in here.

I can get really mad sometimes, about the filipino way of planning and care about agreements. We western men are used to go by the clock.
And stick to the plan.

So... the woman was in here and wanted to visit a friend. "ill be back in 1 hour" she said. waaaaah, ... she stayed in almost 4 hours,

When i sometimes agree to give a call to her, and she accepts to wait for me...note that its 6 hour difference in time. "ill call you at 10pm your time".
OK, i call.... then she has turned off the cell and gone to bed without further notice. Come on, is thats too mutch to ask for ??

Filipino way of borrow, is the same as never return, and say "oh thats mine to keep"...

"ok lets go for a visit tomorro, all is set"... that meaning if someone invite you
for a visit in there, and have an arrangement, you cannot expect it to really happen. Suddenly something unexpekted and another plan may come up.

And how about... "if im not going today i will go tomorro"....YEAH! ..or next week:cwm24:

Any comments?

By the way this is not all personal examples, but almost, hehe

i beg to disagree to all of the above. it's too bad that you have encountered such but it doesn't necessarily mean that filipinos in general are like that.
personally, i hate it when other people are late.
if i say borrow it means that it needs to be returned. if the person who borrowed something from me and would pretend to have forgotten to return it then i would remind that person to return it.

bigtombowski
1st August 2007, 10:31
with a cattle prod

petti
1st August 2007, 15:23
i beg to disagree to all of the above. it's too bad that you have encountered such but it doesn't necessarily mean that filipinos in general are like that.
personally, i hate it when other people are late.
if i say borrow it means that it needs to be returned. if the person who borrowed something from me and would pretend to have forgotten to return it then i would remind that person to return it.

Your welcome.
Of course not all are the same.:)

vbkelly
1st August 2007, 15:57
Your welcome.
Of course not all are the same.:) not only a filipinas have an attitude like that, i think anywhere in the whole world are the same...lolz :doh:doh:doh:Rasp::Rasp::Rasp::Brick::Brick::Brick:

bigtombowski
1st August 2007, 20:29
it's an "island thing"

silver13
2nd August 2007, 12:37
I am always punctual:BouncyHappy::BouncyHappy::BouncyHappy:

singkit
2nd August 2007, 17:20

Any comments?

Hi Ya! If you're dating this girl or courting her, atleast you already know...she doesn't feel you :icon_lol: Don't be sad and don't generalize that all filipino women are tardy, breaking promises, etc...because not all of them are what you think they are. It's called individuality... everyone is unique :xxgrinning--00xx3:

bigtombowski
2nd August 2007, 19:26
some women are more unique than others :)

Mich
3rd August 2007, 02:54
It's called individuality... everyone is unique :xxgrinning--00xx3:

UR RIGHT, Singkit! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

i am always ON TIME. I dont make promises i cant keep. what you have experienced is what we call, FILIPINO TIME. So if your girl cant be on time, you just have to deal with it. Learn to adjust. But then it is better if you can make her change her ways. Filipinos are quick learners. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

bigtombowski
3rd August 2007, 08:36
so should he "deal with it" or should he try to make her change her ways?

KeithD
3rd August 2007, 08:37
i am always ON TIME.

Never missed a month yet eh? :xxgrinning--00xx3:

bigtombowski
3rd August 2007, 08:45
that would mean "something else" LOL

petti
3rd August 2007, 18:14
hehe... ok let say that i shall not generalize, say it runs in some communitys.
I remember i left something in there for her to borrow, and it was quicly
refered as "mine" or "my", lol. ..... hmmmm i guess mostly of her english knowledge. I quickly explained the "thing" to be MY property that you borrows, and that means for you "yours".
I guess yours and mine, he and her is all the same.

Talking about beeing in time is also "in the community" a very funny issue.
When a friend of mine and her miss, was about to go to the airport.
She needed of course to fix and adjust her self long and good.
When u travel you really need to look good. Then, when they was about to leave, she just needed to finnish some cleaning, wich result to delay at the
airport.

Well i cant blaim her for not doing her best to make an imperssion ;)

To all filipinas reading: rememer that westerns like to make a little fun,
and this thread is not ment to be offensive.
Im shure we do some mighty strange things too....

How about UK folks with the tea and pudding :)

How about ph woman burping loud in public ??:omg:

anyway its not biggies to me, only charming in my oppinion.

bigtombowski
3rd August 2007, 18:22
i heard that lateness is considered good manners in the philippines .. . and also it's generally expected that if u lend something to someone - don't expect to receive it back! LOL

the lateness thing i read in the book "culture shock - philippines" and the second ref, i read on another site, the name of which escapes me!

Mich
5th August 2007, 09:34
Never missed a month yet eh? :xxgrinning--00xx3:

:Erm: :Erm: :Erm:

KeithD
5th August 2007, 11:18
:yikes: I'll get me coat........

bigtombowski
5th August 2007, 13:01
:yikes: I'll get me coat........

Im just gonna get Ate Mitch to reply to every insult u hurl my way keef! :D

Pepe n Pilar
26th August 2007, 06:46
Hi Ya! If you're dating this girl or courting her, atleast you already know...she doesn't feel you :icon_lol: Don't be sad and don't generalize that all filipino women are tardy, breaking promises, etc...because not all of them are what you think they are. It's called individuality... everyone is unique :xxgrinning--00xx3:

VERY WELL SAID Singkit!!!!:):):)