PDA

View Full Version : wedding querries...

cryingbaby
31st July 2007, 17:37
good day to all the members..im so worried and confused..i think im still so young and naive..that it'll be my wedding day on august 25, yet i dont know how to start the preparations..well, honestly we wont have a grand wedding or any wedding a girl dream of..its because we are still getting married again in the philippines next year and we'd rather spend the money there.so i think a registry wedding is good enough at the moment considering the costs of everything here.i have no any relatives here nor friends, my fiance's family never knew about this because they are a bit conservative and they believe in long engagement, so just to legalize everything and i could be with my fiance all the time we need to get married here without their knowledge..nobody is here to guide me or advice me what to do..i dont know anything about weddings..so, could anybody tell me how does a registry wedding goes?we would invite maybe two or 3 witnesses and thats it..im a lil bit uncomfortable to invite too many people because u cant really be confident enough if its not your own country..its just so sad, that theres nobody who could take pics and video on our matrimonial vows..or a friend/family that could cheer for me...anyway, i need to set aside my sentiments because its our choice..i just want to have ideas on the musics,readings, whatsoever..im not really the romantic type of person and i dont know anything.never been to a wedding all my life..i do have a wedding gown here and some other stuffs needed for the wedding..i want us to save money as much as possible, so i need advices on the preparations..and bits how to get a cheaper deal...like make-up, hairdressing, spa, flower,wedidng rings, etc... i hope somebody could help...thanks and god bless..

scotsfiancee
31st July 2007, 20:45
First, you will have to go to the nearest local registrar in your place and it would only cost you just under £120, you should book 2-3 weeks before the final date of your wedding.

Here are the requirements they needed from you,

1. CENOMAR (certificate of no marriage)
2.Your passport with visa
3. Your birth certificate
4. Your fiance's passport

Well, hair and make up would cost you £60-£80 and it depends on the salon in your place...maybe u can get cheaper than that. For Bouquet flowers you can make it in your own if your really on a budget u can buy bundle of white roses or whatever flowers you wanted for £5 and buy a tie for it like £1.....if you're going to florist it would cost you £50-55 and again it depends in your flower shop. You can choose wedding band from £50-£70 in any jewel shop in malls or in street.

Then for your reception, you can book seats in any restaurants u may feel like to eat. I'm sure your fiance knows some around in your area.
There's nothing to be worried aboot, as long as you already booked your wedding and 2 witness is fine:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Goodluck, happy wedding!!!!:BouncyHappy:

theresa
8th September 2007, 13:43
go to gretna green for an unforgetable cheap wedding. you and him is fine. thats what were going to do as soon as i landed England. after 7 days though

Maria_2300
8th September 2007, 13:50
Congratulations in advance Theresa! I am happy for you. Do I get invited in your wedding? Hehehe...

theresa
8th September 2007, 14:51
Congratulations in advance Theresa! I am happy for you. Do I get invited in your wedding? Hehehe...

of course your invited :xxgrinning--00xx3: where are you going to be in
England:BouncyHappy:

fred
8th September 2007, 15:23
Sounds remarkably like my wedding (way back then)!
We got married on a shoe string..Her wedding dress never turned up from the tailor and she ended up picking out something from Tatalon market the night before..It was blue BTW..
On the day,I had a hangover the size of the United States of America and chin growth to prove it as my stag night didnt finish till 4 AM.
I looked a mess and barely made it on time but did it matter??
I almost lost the rings(another story) which we bought in Sta Cruz (PHP700.00) etc etc..
Anyway..That was 21 years ago and we are still happily married..
I always promised her another wedding in future years but to be honest we never bothered...We could never see the point.
The first one would take some beating for sure !! Ahh.. Memories!

Maria_2300
8th September 2007, 16:37
of course your invited :xxgrinning--00xx3: where are you going to be in
England:BouncyHappy:

Reading London :)