PDA

View Full Version : Criticism age gap

marksroomspain
8th September 2012, 18:31
Just wondering if anybody else has been criticised for marrying a younger lady my wife is 23 I am 42 god why cant people just be happy for us any input thank you

lastlid
8th September 2012, 18:34
A recent thread on this keenly discussed topic.

http://filipinaroses.com/showthread.php/40074-Large-Age-Gap-And-Happy-)?highlight=age+gap+relationships

Moy
8th September 2012, 18:35
we got the same age gap when i got married from my husband 7 years ago:) its been peaceful and no doubt ..ignore those people who criticised there just jelly i mean :omg::icon_sorry::action-smiley-081::icon_lol::icon_lol: jealous ^_^

lastlid
8th September 2012, 18:35
And another.....

http://filipinaroses.com/showthread.php/37568-Our-19-year-age-gap-was-only-an-issue-to-other-people?highlight=age+gap+relationships

malchard888
8th September 2012, 19:20
We have a 27 year age gap, the relationship works perfectly and we are very happy together so criticism of your situation by others in less than happy relationships should be taken with a pinch of salt as they may be quite envious of you and your wife in reality.:Sex:

andy222
8th September 2012, 19:21
Who is doing the criticisinig? Presumingly they have never met her.

stevewool
8th September 2012, 19:48
as long as you are happy with each other, then who cares, there is 17 years differance in age between myself and Emma, we are happy and i can we are in love too,

imagine
8th September 2012, 20:02
its just jealousy and none of their business .

in anycase what is age its just a number :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Steve.r
8th September 2012, 20:55
17 years between my wife and I, and we have a nearly 10 month old baby. Who cares what ANYONE else thinks. It's just jealousy.

Moy
8th September 2012, 21:13
:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Terpe
8th September 2012, 21:26
I don't care.
My wife doesn't care
All of my wife's family are very happy for us.

That's it, no worries. Period

Everyone else can .......:censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored:

tone
8th September 2012, 22:26
I thought this was going to pop up with my relationship - 20 years difference here, but as it goes most of my friends called me a lucky bugger as for anyone else no issue.
Tone

Leen
8th September 2012, 22:37
I don't care.
My wife doesn't care
All of my wife's family are very happy for us.

That's it, no worries. Period

Everone else can .......:censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored:

Absolutely true :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

grahamw48
8th September 2012, 22:53
JEALOUS JEALOUS JEALOUS JEALOUS JEALOUS

The critics are not marrying your partner are they ?

Tell them to mind their own bloody business...oh, and how long did their perfect marriages last ? :Erm:

Iani
9th September 2012, 00:38
It's partly jealousy

It's also that to many people, something "different" isn't something they like. The norm for relationships is no more than a couple of years age difference (Hardly surprising, when people meet at school, or in the same places which appeal to their own age group). As a larger age gap is "different" - they feel they have to poke their nose into it.

And it is also that many people are simply armchair experts. Yes their marriage to Shaz from accounts might have fallen apart when she was caught in the stationary cupboard with Kevin from sales, but that doesn't mean they don't feel they shouldn't cope on something they "just know" won't last.

Sheesh!

tiger31
9th September 2012, 04:33
at least on this forum the age thing is allowed to be disussed which isn,nt the case on many forums as it can be a touchy subject .well here is my input for what its worth me 49 she 40 so there is an age gap but not as much as a lot of people .firstly your right its nobodys business what you do with your private life IF your both happy then fine.but there are age gaps then there age gaps .i saw a guy only the other day must have been about 75 walking with a stick holding hands with a girl that looked around 20 with a 3 year old in tow sorry folks i,m not in the minority here thinking its not right .this situation is not about love as some of you would lead to believe its mostly about economics hello hello we are in a third world country and some of these girls will do what they have to to get out of poverty and its these girls that give some philippina,s a bad name just ask your wife .my g f agree,s with me 100 % she says they are only going with the old men for money .like i said age gaps are ok up to a point to what point well everyone will agree to dissagree to what is or isn,nt an acceptable age gap .its widely acceptable here in the philippines from asking the locals they don,t seem to bothered but they seem bothered about the large age gap voiceing there concern on how the girl can support any children once her hubby keels over .anyway thats my 2 cents worth have a nice day :)

Michael Parnham
9th September 2012, 07:56
There is a 43 year age gap between my wife and I and are very happy and compatable, but all my family members and all my friends apart from one have disowned me and wont have anything at all to do with me. I've just had to accept it and move forward. I did let them all know that I am going to stick around for another thirty years just to annoy them!

Eyes O'Donnell
9th September 2012, 08:26
Age doesn't matter :NoNo: just ignore them and most important of all continue to show deep love for each other. :love::tresamoureux:
I love my wonderful husband so much in spite of our age gap :lovecouple:

bod
9th September 2012, 08:38
Just wondering how many are the other way around? My wife is older than me! Ok its only 3 years, but I did find it interesting looking at the bans posted in the embassy when we posted ours!

johncar54
9th September 2012, 08:39
I am 72 my wife is 40, married 6 years. We live in Spain and apart from a very occasional odd look from Brits on holiday, never notice anyone looking critically.

My family and friends have no problems ether.

PS maybe when I get a bit older and slow down my wife will be able to catch up with me when I am road racing, running etc !

lastlid
9th September 2012, 09:22
at least on this forum the age thing is allowed to be disussed which isn,nt the case on many forums as it can be a touchy subject .well here is my input for what its worth me 49 she 40 so there is an age gap but not as much as a lot of people .firstly your right its nobodys business what you do with your private life IF your both happy then fine.but there are age gaps then there age gaps .i saw a guy only the other day must have been about 75 walking with a stick holding hands with a girl that looked around 20 with a 3 year old in tow sorry folks i,m not in the minority here thinking its not right .this situation is not about love as some of you would lead to believe its mostly about economics hello hello we are in a third world country and some of these girls will do what they have to to get out of poverty and its these girls that give some philippina,s a bad name just ask your wife .my g f agree,s with me 100 % she says they are only going with the old men for money .like i said age gaps are ok up to a point to what point well everyone will agree to dissagree to what is or isn,nt an acceptable age gap .its widely acceptable here in the philippines from asking the locals they don,t seem to bothered but they seem bothered about the large age gap voiceing there concern on how the girl can support any children once her hubby keels over .anyway thats my 2 cents worth have a nice day :)

Yes, the million dollar question is where is the line to be drawn.....

Steve.r
9th September 2012, 09:27
Yes, the million dollar question is where is the line to be drawn.....

I think in the sand at the water's edge...

lastlid
9th September 2012, 09:39
I think in the sand at the water's edge...

Thats a good way of putting it....

Iani
9th September 2012, 09:54
For me, the litmus test isn't so much the age gap (Though having said that, sorry but a huge age gap does not seem "right" to me - however a big difference is that I will always keep my nose out, what works for me doesn't work for all, and it's that couples business not mine)

The litmus test, is more crucially "is there some sort of politics or control thing going on"?
Is it about love...........or is it her putting up with some bad tempered ugly old git because she wants his money?
Is it him going to Thailand and finding a "bargirl" ( :rolleyes: ) to marry because he is a complete lowlife, too fond of giving backhanders if his Stella isn't chilled ok, who no self respecting UK girl would give the time of day to.

Nothing to do with love, nothing to do with respect and everything to do with just "using" the partner to get something they otherwise wouldn't ever manage........and this works both ways I guess.

I don't want to rain on anyone's parade, it's simply none of my business. There is though very good reason the old man and young tart gag was used repeatedly in Benny Hill shows

lastlid
9th September 2012, 10:07
There is though very good reason the old man and young tart gag was used repeatedly in Benny Hill shows

Yakety Sax :icon_lol:

Iani
9th September 2012, 10:20
I used to love as a kid how at the end, everyone would chase him round and around

grahamw48
9th September 2012, 10:27
There is a 43 year age gap between my wife and I and are very happy and compatable, but all my family members and all my friends apart from one have disowned me and wont have anything at all to do with me. I've just had to accept it and move forward. I did let them all know that I am going to stick around for another thirty years just to annoy them!

...and the first prize go to...:D

Love it.

Friends and family aren't there to live your life for you, only you can do that.
Good luck to you both. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

lastlid
9th September 2012, 10:30
I used to love as a kid how at the end, everyone would chase him round and around

I really enjoyed the Ernie song : Fastest Milk Cart in the West! I used to know it off by heart.

grahamw48
9th September 2012, 10:34
This silly argument about the older person dying, leaving wife and kids penniless etc:

What nonsense.

How many single mothers are there already, supporting themselves and their children....especially in the Philippines....no husband of ANY age in sight ! :NoNo:

Yes, she's gong to benefit from an older man's money....well there's a POSITIVE then.
Do people honestly think that the older partner isn't perfectly aware of the circumstances of his relationship ? :rolleyes:

After even a few happy years together his wife and any children will at least have something to help them to be secure in the future...unlike the feckless young guy who just gets her pregnant and then buggers off, or the miserable marriage of a few years ending in a messy divorce and then years of acrimony and aggravation for all parties.

grahamw48
9th September 2012, 11:05
Anyway, there are 'older' guys who are mentally younger than others.

Preparing for a fun day out yesterday: :drivingx: . :D

http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/5462/wedgeatbng.jpghttp://img824.imageshack.us/img824/8498/32217210151149837146484.jpg

grahamw48
9th September 2012, 12:07
Me growing old disgracefully yesterday. :icon_lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LBq--zZ9LW0

marksroomspain
9th September 2012, 13:32
Thanks guys for that my wife also said the same that age is just a number I am happy to announce that we are expecting our first child Jamie is 20 weeks pregnant and we have just found out we are going to have a baby daughter to yes to all those jealous people out there get a life...

grahamw48
9th September 2012, 14:25
Many congratulations to you both. :xxgrinning--00xx3: :baby1:

tiger31
9th September 2012, 15:58
For me, the litmus test isn't so much the age gap (Though having said that, sorry but a huge age gap does not seem "right" to me - however a big difference is that I will always keep my nose out, what works for me doesn't work for all, and it's that couples business not mine)

The litmus test, is more crucially "is there some sort of politics or control thing going on"?
Is it about love...........or is it her putting up with some bad tempered ugly old git because she wants his money?
Is it him going to Thailand and finding a "bargirl" ( :rolleyes: ) to marry because he is a complete lowlife, too fond of giving backhanders if his Stella isn't chilled ok, who no self respecting UK girl would give the time of day to.

Nothing to do with love, nothing to do with respect and everything to do with just "using" the partner to get something they otherwise wouldn't ever manage........and this works both ways I guess.

I don't want to rain on anyone's parade, it's simply none of my business. There is though very good reason the old man and young tart gag was used repeatedly in Benny Hill shows

very well put sir

Steve.r
9th September 2012, 16:16
Thanks guys for that my wife also said the same that age is just a number I am happy to announce that we are expecting our first child Jamie is 20 weeks pregnant and we have just found out we are going to have a baby daughter to yes to all those jealous people out there get a life...
Congratulations that is brilliant news. I know the feeling very well. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

febmary
9th September 2012, 23:45
You cannot pleased everybody...Annoy them more...:icon_lol::icon_lol:

Michael Parnham
10th September 2012, 07:49
Thanks! grahamw48

anonymous
10th September 2012, 08:35

I hope the very right time will come when your family & relatives would have the courage to accept the decision you've made. Knowing the fact that it is what's making you happy, then they should be happy for the both of you too. Though i know, not all would be able to understand this kind of relationship, it would be better if we just don't mind those people who criticize. Despite let's just accept & respect what's their views and opinions with regards to this kind of matter as we would want those who criticize to accept and also respect our decision being involved on this matter. :)

Michael Parnham
11th September 2012, 08:04
I agree anfulminar, lets see what happens.

jlags90
11th September 2012, 20:14
I am 22 and my husband is forty-seven...:NoNo:
Some say we have gap like Earth and Heaven..:rolleyes:
Hahaha!

We don't really find the huge age difference as an issue. It's the gap that holds us together :Jump:

And surprisingly, there was no PreNuptial Agreement...:ReadIt:

grahamw48
11th September 2012, 22:28
From what I've heard, Prenups have no value in law anyway. :Erm:

imagine
11th September 2012, 22:31
thats right Prenups count for nothing

lastlid
11th September 2012, 22:33
It's the gap that holds us together ....

Ooh Err Mrs ....

jlags90
12th September 2012, 14:11
Ooh Err Mrs ....

Mrs. Bamford lastlid.... lol
there are only two Mrs. Bamfords in the family.. so either the young, or the old... lol

karenkeith
15th September 2012, 17:39
21 years of age gap with me and my boyfriend..nothing wrong with that as long as you're both happy..

Rhose
15th September 2012, 17:56
Congratulations!!! well one of the thing that makes everybody young.. a good news and always stay happy... what a wonderful blessing..

stevie c
15th September 2012, 19:55
There is 16 yrs difference between me & my wife & we are absolutely made for each other in everyday age gap doesn't even enter our heads so sod the rest they either like it it or lump it

Michael Parnham
18th September 2012, 13:15
Our GP has named us Sunrise & Sunset.

lastlid
18th September 2012, 13:33
Our GP has named us Sunrise & Sunset.

:D :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Dedworth
18th September 2012, 13:42
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/tv/4542158/Nick-Knowles-the-DIY-SOS-presenter-marries-a-woman-half-his-age.html

Nick Knowles 50 new wife 25 :xxgrinning--00xx3:

filbrit
18th September 2012, 13:49
To be accepted/get positive comments from others are just a bonus. the only important thing is you and your partner genuinely love each other no matter what. :) cheers to us all!:xxgrinning--00xx3:

CBM
18th September 2012, 16:27

Bravo!

Good for the pair of you and be sure that you do so!

karenkeith
21st October 2012, 08:37
my age was 24 and my fiancee was 45..we were happy and in love..to keep the relationship strong ignore those people who criticize your relationship.It's a waste of time.

blessed_ekim0826
21st October 2012, 08:57
In my situation, I am 20 and my partner is 61(41 yrs. gap) but my partner is worried coz people stare at us every time we going out. I keep telling him to ignore but he cant. Anyway, we both love each other and happy.

Michael Parnham
21st October 2012, 09:17
Don't worry, If you are living in Phil it's because you are with a foreigner, nothing to do with age gap. If in UK it's because they are jealous!