PDA

View Full Version : schengen spain

marksroomspain
4th September 2012, 11:36
Hi guys just wondering I am married to my filipina am a british citizen I am here in the UK she is in the Philippines I was thinking about going down the eu route of living in Spain to excercise my treaty rights then maybe move back to the UK with her at a later date what I would like to know iscwhat is my wifes requirements for a schengen visa at the spanish consulate I was told just our passport and copy of authenticate marriage certificate would be required but they are asking for a invite from the Spanish police also medical insurance, flight inteneart and my bank statements any views on this also is she allowed to live with me in another eu country after these formalities are sorted I am getting quite confused about all this thank you...

Terpe
4th September 2012, 12:26
Mark do you intend to travel with your wife from Philippines to Spain?
It's much easier if you can do that.

marksroomspain
4th September 2012, 13:22
Sorry for being so nieve terpe but in what way would it be easier the consulate said that I need an NIE number which I obtained then to have an adrfess in Spain so I could accomodate my wife I have the necessary resources to maintain our selfs its just confusing any other input would be very much appreciated as if you said its best to go with her then thats not a problem...

tiger31
4th September 2012, 13:46
Hi guys just wondering I am married to my filipina am a british citizen I am here in the UK she is in the Philippines I was thinking about going down the eu route of living in Spain to excercise my treaty rights then maybe move back to the UK with her at a later date what I would like to know iscwhat is my wifes requirements for a schengen visa at the spanish consulate I was told just our passport and copy of authenticate marriage certificate would be required but they are asking for a invite from the Spanish police also medical insurance, flight inteneart and my bank statements any views on this also is she allowed to live with me in another eu country after these formalities are sorted I am getting quite confused about all this thank you...NO VISA REQUIRED FOR CROATIA FOR PHILLPPINA thats a bit closer to the uk than the philippines .kiethangel on this forum said its quite easy to live in portugal on a shenguan visa thats the route he took i believe

Bluebirdjones
4th September 2012, 14:38
NO VISA REQUIRED FOR CROATIA FOR PHILLPPINA thats a bit closer to the uk than the philippines .kiethangel on this forum said its quite easy to live in portugal on a shenguan visa thats the route he took i believe

I'm sorry ...... but this is total & utter b*ll*cks !

A VISA IS REQUIRED for Croatia.

... it says it on their website...
http://uk.mfa.hr/?mv=167&mh=42&dmid=187

... and the Visa section just confirmed it to me on the phone.
The "only" exception they might make is that if the individual concerned still had a valid mult-entry Schengen visa, then this would "probably be accepted, but it would be down to the individual immigration officer at your time of entry".

Unless you're prepared to back this up with evidence (and link) to the relevant statements & documentation, I'd suggest you don't post such misleading information.

Someone will suffer because of it.