PDA

View Full Version : COST OF FLR

dave
28th September 2005, 21:15
Hiya,just wandering how much the cost now for spouse visa.anyway thank you very much for your support and advices for my fiancees visa,she arrived yesterday from phil,so maybe this october or november we get married.

thank you very muchve

dave

ginapeterb
29th September 2005, 08:28
Originally posted by dave@Sep 28 2005, 08:15 PM
Hiya,just wandering how much the cost now for spouse visa.anyway thank you very much for your support and advices for my fiancees visa,she arrived yesterday from phil,so maybe this october or november we get married.

thank you very muchve

dave

Quoted post

Dave, I think I know what you are asking ? its about FLR, but your question about spouse visa wold not be valid, since your fiancee enters on a 6 month fiancee visa, I think the real question is - How much will it cost to obtain a "Further leave to remain endorsement in your GF's passport"?

First you must apply to the Home Office through 1 of the 76 centres in the UK, for special Home office approval to marry, this can be done by going to your local register office in the City in which you live, (look on the net under GRO's) then you must inform the local Assistant District Registrar of your intention to marry in the UK, the marriage must take place within 6 months of your fiancee's entrance date.

Once you have done this, they will advise you on the appropriate forms to fill in, Home office consent is required for your marriage, the fee for this is £130.00.

Once you have received Home Office approval for the marriage to go ahead, you may book your marriage ceremony in a UK Register office, or Church, whichever, the Fee for a Civil marriage is currently £35.00, the residency requirement in the UK is only seven days, hence the Home Office are now checking on all marriages were the contracting partners are from overseas destinations, this is a recent move to control the ever increasing number of sham marriages, where foreigners are marrying european citizens in the UK, for the purpose of circumventing UK immigration rules, this obviously does not apply to you, however you are caught in the current new legislation regardless of your motives, once you have done all of this, you will then be able to apply again to the Home Office for adjustment from a Fiancee Visa to Further Leave to remain, the current Fee for this is £335.00 or if you want the premium service, it is £500.00, the forms can be downloaded for this purpose at:

http://www.ind.homeoffice.gov.uk/ind/en/ho...ation_form.html (http://www.ind.homeoffice.gov.uk/ind/en/home/applying/application_form.html)

Further Leave to remain should normally be granted once you have submitted the correct application form, with the supporting documents requested, then your fiancee may remain for up to 24 months, and may enter the United Kingdom on a multiple entry basis, however, ensure that your fiancee does not return to the Philippines for more than 3 months in this period, or she will not be able to obtain indefinate leave to remain, if you plan to stay in the UK for the forseeable future, as she would not have met the residency requirements.

I hope that answers the question I think you wanted to ask, best of luck

Admin
29th September 2005, 09:17
Another escapes the land of Golden Sun & dog soup :D

dave
13th October 2005, 23:40
[quote=ginapeterb,Sep 29 2005, 07:28 AM]
Dave, I think I know what you are asking ? its about FLR, but your question about spouse visa wold not be valid, since your fiancee enters on a 6 month fiancee visa, I think the real question is - How much will it cost to obtain a "Further leave to remain endorsement in your GF's passport"?

First you must apply to the Home Office through 1 of the 76 centres in the UK, for special Home office approval to marry, this can be done by going to your local register office in the City in which you live, (look on the net under GRO's) then you must inform the local Assistant District Registrar of your intention to marry in the UK, the marriage must take place within 6 months of your fiancee's entrance date.

Once you have done this, they will advise you on the appropriate forms to fill in, Home office consent is required for your marriage, the fee for this is £130.00.

Once you have received Home Office approval for the marriage to go ahead, you may book your marriage ceremony in a UK Register office, or Church, whichever, the Fee for a Civil marriage is currently £35.00, the residency requirement in the UK is only seven days, hence the Home Office are now checking on all marriages were the contracting partners are from overseas destinations, this is a recent move to control the ever increasing number of sham marriages, where foreigners are marrying european citizens in the UK, for the purpose of circumventing UK immigration rules, this obviously does not apply to you, however you are caught in the current new legislation regardless of your motives, once you have done all of this, you will then be able to apply again to the Home Office for adjustment from a Fiancee Visa to Further Leave to remain, the current Fee for this is £335.00 or if you want the premium service, it is £500.00, the forms can be downloaded for this purpose at:

http://www.ind.homeoffice.gov.uk/ind/en/ho...ation_form.html (http://www.ind.homeoffice.gov.uk/ind/en/home/applying/application_form.html)

Further Leave to remain should normally be granted once you have submitted the correct application form, with the supporting documents requested, then your fiancee may remain for up to 24 months, and may enter the United Kingdom on a multiple entry basis, however, ensure that your fiancee does not return to the Philippines for more than 3 months in this period, or she will not be able to obtain indefinate leave to remain, if you plan to stay in the UK for the forseeable future, as she would not have met the residency requirements.

I hope that answers the question I think you wanted to ask, best of luck

Quoted post
[/quot

hi,
thank you for your response,they put visa marriage on my fiancees passport,so do we need to apply a certificate of approval from homeoffice?
thank you very much

regards
dave

Admin
14th October 2005, 09:25
If she is over here on a Fiancee Visa then you do not need to ask the home office for permission. Always best to give them a ring, they have the terrible habit of changing the rules without telling anyone else.