PDA

View Full Version : philippine teachers beware

dave65
30th July 2007, 14:40
News from my wifes home town of Tacloban, a number of teachers that jas used to work with have been recruited to go and apparently work in rural Italy
many had paid over a considerable sum to have travel documents, visas sorted out for them and arranged to report to the organiser on a given date at Manilla airport ...organiser failed to show up her mobile is out of coverage area, and the company she is supposed to come from doesnt appear to exist:cwm23:
so if you hear of people at home being 'recruited to work abroard' like this get them to check it out very carefully before handing over any cash

Tonet
30th July 2007, 15:03
i was'nt surprised hearing that actually, so many cases of illegal recruitment in Phil :angry: & to be honest its also the victim's fault for just giving their money without checking if the agency or the person is certified & legally allowed to recruit,, but i feel sorry for them ,, what a painful way of learning a lesson

singkit
30th July 2007, 19:15
i was'nt surprised hearing that actually, so many cases of illegal recruitment in Phil :angry: & to be honest its also the victim's fault for just giving their money without checking if the agency or the person is certified & legally allowed to recruit,, but i feel sorry for them ,, what a painful way of learning a lesson

Nothing's new here. Fake recruiters are taking advantage of the situation in the Philippines. They know a lot of Filipino people would take these risks out of desperation. The Philippine Government is one to blame because they cannot create employment for its own people. Overseas workers' statistics are getting higher . The worst is most of our best Filipino professionals are now serving foreign countries and only a few left in the Philippines. Even the new College students prefer to take Nursing course aiming to work abroad.:doh

andypaul
30th July 2007, 20:13
If it sounds to good to be true it normally is. I hope the teachers are abel to surive and at least good news for their pupils that they dont lose their teachers.

eljean
30th July 2007, 20:28
if they just have known how hard it is to find a job overseas...if only they have the knowledge how to get working visa in europe i think that will stop them from believing this recruiters...and also even those immigrant have the hard time to even petition there relatives to visit them no matter how long have they stayed in abroad...always beware of those illegal recruiters....:NoNo:

silver13
31st July 2007, 01:05
If it sounds to good to be true it normally is. I hope the teachers are abel to surive and at least good news for their pupils that they dont lose their teachers.

Yup, and also beware of the scammers over the internet, always check if the job offer is legitimate, don't trust so easily think many times since illegal recruitment is everywhere.