PDA

View Full Version : Application for Schengen Visa in Austria.. TIPS.. Help..

carmela0317
25th August 2012, 07:59
I am a filipina living in Davao City.
I have married my Austrian boyfriend last July 18,2012 in Hongkong..That was just a civil wedding and we will have a church wedding this February 2013 but before the wedding here in the philippines on February we want to celebrate christmas together in Austria with his family. His father became our sponsor. So we are applying for a schengen visa this month.. Can you give us some tips on the embassy? The Do's and Dont's. And if you have some experiences regarding in the application of Schengen Visa in Austria that will be a great help if you will let me know.. :-) And i have read successful stories of approved Schengen Visa.. We are really hoping that we will get it.. :-)

Terpe
25th August 2012, 09:27
:welcomex:

Hello carmela and welcome here.

As a first step just for some background information take a look here (http://austria.embassyhomepage.com/austrian_visa_information_austria_visa_service_cheap_flights_austria_hotels_vienna_travel_insurance_austria_embassy_london.htm)

Then contact the Embassy in Philippines for advice:-

Embassy of Austria in Metro Manila, Philippines

4th Floor, Prince Building 117 Rada Street, Legaspi Village
Makati
Metro Manila
Philippines
Phone:
+63-2-817-9191
+63-2-817-4992
+63-2-817-4993
Fax:
+63-2-813-4238
Email:
manila-ob@bmaa.gv.at

Consulate of Austria in Cebu City, Philippines

CRM Bldg., Escario cor. Molave Sts., Lahug
Cebu City
Philippines
Phone:
+63-32-231-0605
Fax:
+63-32-231-0437

Good Luck

rhaichard
25th August 2012, 11:00
terpe ,

how about im in england , can i apply schengen visa and how can i apply ??

thanks ..

Terpe
25th August 2012, 12:28
terpe ,

how about im in england , can i apply schengen visa and how can i apply ??

thanks ..

If you have any specific country in mind you will need to apply at their Embassy/Consulate.

You are usually required to book an appointment with the Embassy and apply in person, with all the needed documents.
Be advised that normally the holder of a Philippine passport will not be issued with the visa on the same day. Maybe you need to wait a couple of weeks.

It is strongly suggested that you check on the current regulations to determine which Embassy/Consulate to make your application.There may well be one closer to where you live.

A typical Schengen Visa application form is shown here:-is shown here (http://www.auswaertiges-amt.de/cae/servlet/contentblob/350388/publicationFile/3766/VisumantragEngl.pdf)

Fill out the form from the relevant embassy for YOU, not the above example and not just any!
The typical form shown above is just to show what questions are asked, the questions are the same in all Schengen countries forms.

The visa has to be applied for at the embassy of the country which is the primary destination.
If there isn't one, for example a round trip without a majority of time in one country, then the embassy of the first country of entry.

The visa issued is Schengen-C which is a visitor visa, you can expect a 90 day visa with six month validity, quite possibly more, but five years is the maximum and not usually granted without
extensive positive visa history. (Always maximum of 90 days in a six month period starting with first entry.)

The good news is this, if you will be travelling together with your UK (EU) spouse there is no fee and the procedure is simple and quick.
The European Commission expects under four weeks.

In this case the questions marked with * on the form (employment,resources,itinerary, Medical Insurances etc.) do not need to be answered.
The entire form is only three pages long.

Present your marriage certificate and your spouses UK (EU) passport as evidence of marriage to an EEA national.

The General Requirements Are:-

The applicant must be resident in the UK. Foreign nationals residing in the UK will have been granted leave to remain for more than 6 months

The applicant's UK visa must exceed the return date of the proposed trip by more than THREE months

The applicant's passport must exceed the return date of the proposed trip by more than THREE months and must have a full blank VISA PAGE for the visa

If the applicant is in the UK as a dependant s/he will be required to produce his/her original marriage/birth certificate along with the original passport of the person they are depending on.

Arthur Little
25th August 2012, 13:33
Congratulations on your recent marriage :wedtoss: in HK, Carmela ... :welcomex: to our friendly site and good luck in applying for your Austrian Schengen Visa. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Arthur Little
25th August 2012, 13:40
:) Btw ... MY Filipina wife is from Tagum City, Davao del Norte' Province.

rhaichard
26th August 2012, 03:39
If you have any specific country in mind you will need to apply at their Embassy/Consulate.

You are usually required to book an appointment with the Embassy and apply in person, with all the needed documents.
Be advised that normally the holder of a Philippine passport will not be issued with the visa on the same day. Maybe you need to wait a couple of weeks.

It is strongly suggested that you check on the current regulations to determine which Embassy/Consulate to make your application.There may well be one closer to where you live.

A typical Schengen Visa application form is shown here:-is shown here (http://www.auswaertiges-amt.de/cae/servlet/contentblob/350388/publicationFile/3766/VisumantragEngl.pdf)

Fill out the form from the relevant embassy for YOU, not the above example and not just any!
The typical form shown above is just to show what questions are asked, the questions are the same in all Schengen countries forms.

The visa has to be applied for at the embassy of the country which is the primary destination.
If there isn't one, for example a round trip without a majority of time in one country, then the embassy of the first country of entry.

The visa issued is Schengen-C which is a visitor visa, you can expect a 90 day visa with six month validity, quite possibly more, but five years is the maximum and not usually granted without
extensive positive visa history. (Always maximum of 90 days in a six month period starting with first entry.)

The good news is this, if you will be travelling together with your UK (EU) spouse there is no fee and the procedure is simple and quick.
The European Commission expects under four weeks.

In this case the questions marked with * on the form (employment,resources,itinerary, Medical Insurances etc.) do not need to be answered.
The entire form is only three pages long.

Present your marriage certificate and your spouses UK (EU) passport as evidence of marriage to an EEA national.

The General Requirements Are:-

The applicant must be resident in the UK. Foreign nationals residing in the UK will have been granted leave to remain for more than 6 months

The applicant's UK visa must exceed the return date of the proposed trip by more than THREE months

The applicant's passport must exceed the return date of the proposed trip by more than THREE months and must have a full blank VISA PAGE for the visa

If the applicant is in the UK as a dependant s/he will be required to produce his/her original marriage/birth certificate along with the original passport of the person they are depending on.

thanks terpe ... :Wave:

carmela0317
19th September 2012, 08:58
@ terpe :

thank you for the comment.. I wasn't able to be in the site for a couple of weeks.. I have been in the embassy yesterday.. Had my interview and gave them my documents.. for now i am in the waiting process.. we have a request for amendments on my travel insurance. The lady who interviewed me told me to add an additional 15 days on the travel insurance. That was the only remarks she has.. Is it a positive sign that i will going to get my visa? hmmm.. Daumen Drucken.. ;-)

carmela0317
19th September 2012, 09:01
@ Arthur Little : Thank you Mr. Arthur.. I and my husband is hoping for a positive results.. Do you know how many weeks will it takes us to be able to know the results? is it about 34- weeks? Yes, i know that.. Tagum is an hour away from davao city.. :-)

carmela0317
19th September 2012, 09:46
@ Mr. Terpe : Thank you.. Sorry i was a bit busy i wasn't able to have a chance to open the site for a couple of weeks.. Anyways, I just had my personal application yesterday in Austrian embassy.. And we are in the waiting process now.. The lady which interviewed me asked for amendments on my travel insurance.. She told me to tell the travel insurance company to extend my travel insurance for 14 days.. That was just the remarks she had.. is this mean we have a big chance to get the visa?

@ Mr. Arthur Little : Thank you for the best wishes.. :-) Yes, tagum is an hour away from davao city sir.. :-)

carmela0317
4th October 2012, 06:03
Hello Everyone,

Luckily, my schengen visa is approved. And i will go to Austrai this November. But i have some questions regarding the cfo? Do i need to have a cfo seminar and get a cfo sticker eventhough i just had tourist visa? If someone knew about my concerns i would highly appreciate it .. Thank you.. :-)

ana07cutiepie
4th October 2012, 12:27
hallo Carmela.. so happy to know you here.. I guess am too late to give you some advice but am happy that you got your visa. I've been in the same situation with you too..
I think u dont need a cfo sticker for tourist visa coz I didn't need it too.. I just came back from Austria been there for almost 3months.. Where are u in Austria??

Wish you many happiness and enjoy your stay there!

carmela0317
5th October 2012, 10:57
@ ana07cutiepie : really you don't need a cfo certificate and cfo sticker? i have mail with the bureau of immigartion and they told me that i need it as long as you are a spouse, fiancee of foreign nationals.. can i have your email address so that we can talk? :-) here is my email address : carmela_0317@rocketmail.com hope to hear from you soon.. i will be in vienna and carithia.. where are you in Austria?