PDA

View Full Version : Get together

Alan
29th July 2007, 22:33
Ok guys,

Here's a new thread.

Why don't we all say when we can be 'free' - and where we are all prepared to travel to. For example - you are all very welcome to come to my house in Oxford. But let's get some ideas - this MUST happen - it would be brilliant.

Alan

Liliput39
29th July 2007, 23:07
Ok guys,

Here's a new thread.

Why don't we all say when we can be 'free' - and where we are all prepared to travel to. For example - you are all very welcome to come to my house in Oxford. But let's get some ideas - this MUST happen - it would be brilliant.

Alan

Definitely! Are we talking about this year? My sister-in-law lives in Faringdon, is it far where you live? It would be like a reunion, wouldn't it? The difference is that it will be a first meeting for some of us. That would be fantastic!:)

aromulus
29th July 2007, 23:10
Definitely! Are we talking about this year? My sister-in-law lives in Faringdon, is it far where you live? It will be like some kind of reunion, wouldn't? That would be fantastic!:)

Can I come with my boat...????:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Peanutz
29th July 2007, 23:19
Ok guys,

Here's a new thread.

Alan

OXFORD would be ok-ish for me!

This must happen and I look forward to meet everyone too!!!:Hellooo:

flomike
29th July 2007, 23:21
Hi Alan why not be our organizer since you are so kind to offer you house:) Just do the plan and etc let see what will be the out come

Cheers

Peanutz
29th July 2007, 23:29
Hi Alan why not be our organizer since you are so kind to offer you house:) Just do the plan and etc let see what will be the out come

Cheers

We make a list of everything we need to do who's gonna bring this and that and me...I am assigned to eat and chitchat :D:icon_lol:
(joke):Rasp:

bigtombowski
29th July 2007, 23:46
ahhh pea sister, you can provide the Poetry :)

Peanutz
30th July 2007, 00:13
ahhh pea sister, you can provide the Poetry

:)

One poetry for every couple...I think I have to be nosey to do that:rolleyes::icon_lol:

bigtombowski
30th July 2007, 00:15
im just wondering why is there to threads to the same effect here?! I was thinking i was drunk! LOL

Alan
30th July 2007, 10:51
No Tom, I think it was me who was drunk - I opened this thread 'by accident.'

Lilliput - Faringdon is just down the road from me - about 15 mins - in fact I play golf there!!! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

I am going to go 'up North' this morning to see my parents for a week so I shall have a think about the reunion.
Probably not hear much from me for a week 'cos they've only just got electricity in Stalybridge. PCs are few and far between.

Still, think about it though - a whole week with no threads from that Alan guy. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

God bless all of you and take care.

bigtombowski
30th July 2007, 10:58
awww alan, don't leave us! we can't survive without u here! noooooooo stay stay stay stay!!! arrrgh

seriously big al, have a great trip up the grim north and bring me a steak and kidney pie back :D

Alan
30th July 2007, 11:03
Salamat Tom. Somebody cares!!! I'm so happy!!:BouncyHappy:

Just before I go I have remembered one more thing to put on the Best Bargains thread.

Ciao 4 now mate.

bigtombowski
30th July 2007, 11:08
more BLOODY italian! lol!

see u mate!

mamichris
30th July 2007, 11:26
wow, a gathering!!! this would be great!
when do you guys think of doing it?

bigtombowski
30th July 2007, 20:48
i think its about to be decided . . . .

i can't wait :D

mamichris
30th July 2007, 22:06
hope i am invited...i love gathering too!:xxgrinning--00xx3::BouncyHappy:

bigtombowski
30th July 2007, 22:09
u r very much invited :D

mamichris
30th July 2007, 22:27
u r very much invited :D

i'll surely put that in my agenda now...hopefully it will all be planned and arranged well...maybe i can be of some help

bigtombowski
30th July 2007, 22:30
certainly! can u cook filipino grub?

mamichris
30th July 2007, 22:39
certainly! can u cook filipino grub?

i can cook filipino food...but not a master of it:Erm: still experimenting though...poor hubby he has to be my "guinea pig":D

bigtombowski
30th July 2007, 22:41
he's a very lucky guinea pig indeed!

well,all i can say is . .. i'll be there and if you can cook ADOBO with chicken or pork or whatever, i'll be a happy bunny :D

aromulus
30th July 2007, 22:52
more BLOODY italian! lol!

see u mate!

Wassup paddy...????:Erm::Erm::Erm:

bigtombowski
30th July 2007, 22:54
me and alan have this understanding!

I understand he can speak italian . . . i don't!
He understands!

bigtombowski
30th July 2007, 22:54
welshy! lol

Alan
10th August 2007, 17:12
Ok my dear friends - shall we meet at mine? I'll get the barbie on.

Any suggestions as to dates?

Let's make this happen folks. Often people talk about this and it never happens.

What about people saying when they are free to come to Oxford? Shall we start there?

Luv 2 u all.

Al.

Shifty-Sidney
10th August 2007, 18:05
Hi Alan, I dont live near Oxford, but its not a problem - i would love to meet up with some of you lot (if thats ok with you og course). mark

tiger@tigress
10th August 2007, 18:24
:icon_lol:
Ok my dear friends - shall we meet at mine? I'll get the barbie on.
Any suggestions as to dates?
Let's make this happen folks. Often people talk about this and it never happens.
What about people saying when they are free to come to Oxford? Shall we start there?
Luv 2 u all.
Al.

wow that sounds fun especialy with barbie... count me in :xxgrinning--00xx3::icon_lol:

Shifty-Sidney
10th August 2007, 18:29
I just love the randomness of this site - how did we get onto Paris Hilton - err no i mean blonde plastic dolls?

Alan
11th August 2007, 20:39
May I open the 'ball game' by suggesting a meeting in October? What do people think - and how many?

Al

Peanutz
16th August 2007, 08:55
May I open the 'ball game' by suggesting a meeting in October? What do people think - and how many?

Al

A meeting in October would be great! Count me in. We need to decide for the date and who wants to come?:D

Come on guys it will FUN!:D

PeterB
16th August 2007, 12:34
Oxford in October would be good for me. Ruby will be here, and probably missing Filipino company by then!

Maria_2300
20th August 2007, 16:42
I will invite myself. Is that okay with you all? I hope it will happen on the 3rd or 4th week of October.

Alan
20th August 2007, 17:17
Maria,

You are more than welcome to invite yourself as indeed is anybody on this site (except spammers, scammers and anybody who does not love The Philippines - oh, and Carlisle United fans.)

Right - I shall start the ball rolling shall I by suggesting Saturday 13th October? (Day after my birthday actually - but do not feel obliged to bring me any really expensive pressies or anything. Honest!!:D)

What do we all think guys? That date is just a suggestion remember - let's get a consensus.

Al

Maria_2300
20th August 2007, 17:34
oh Al, I can make it then....sad.

Shifty-Sidney
20th August 2007, 18:20
13th October sounds good to me Alan.

PeterB
20th August 2007, 19:00
October 13th would be fine for me.

Alan
20th August 2007, 19:50
So we got Mark - Peter and myself so far.

Maria - did you mean you CAN make it? :Erm:

Al

Shifty-Sidney
20th August 2007, 20:20
Maria wont be here then alan - we will have to meet up with her and her BF around xmas time

mamichris
21st August 2007, 13:16
hi i'm back! it's been a while since i last checked this forum, been skulking around other websites catching up with some old friends in cebu. so is this gathering going to happen? would love to meet fellow pinays...hope it's not far from where we live though.

Maria_2300
21st August 2007, 16:21
Hehehe..sorry Al, I did not notice that there was no T in the CAN in my message to you. Thats " I CANT make it then". Thanks Mark for clarifying it to Al. Well, you know already my schedule until Oct.

gingxrick
21st August 2007, 17:15
Oh why must the gettogether be in October me and ging will be in the phils then and wont be back in uk untill 8th November. hu hu hu hu hu. sorry we wont be in the phils then but will have lots of things to do as we leave on the morning of the 18th Oct, still there is always xmas

Alan
21st August 2007, 19:04
Please guys - remember I only said October 13th just to get the ball rolling. It does not have to be then. I would hate anybody to be left out because the date I suggested is out of reach.

Perhaps we could add to this thread - or start a new one - where everyone just writes dates when they ARE available. After a while we could 'tot up the scores' and find a date when most people are available. Whaadya think?

Most important of all though - LET'S MAKE THIS HAPPEN! I'm sure it will be a wonderful occasion. (Even though my Hanna won't be with me :bigcry:)

Al.:)

mommyhere
21st August 2007, 19:21
ohhhhhhhh can i join this get together thing??? I wish you guys will consider me here....whatever date is no problem with me...........

Alan
21st August 2007, 19:24
Mommyhere,

Hmmm - EVERYONE is welcome - but are you CURRENTLY in Quezon City?

It's a bit of a drive to Oxford :Erm:

BTW - I know Quezon City quite well. My wife was living there when we first met.

Al. :)

Maria_2300
22nd August 2007, 00:11
Hahaha... What a drive indeed Alan! Shes nearer to me. I live in Makati City.

mommyhere
22nd August 2007, 03:34
yes, i live in quezon city 'til now...i live in kamuning q.c. where is ur wife from? i hope we're neighbors...:) sorry ..thought ull gonna be coming here to philippines....:doh:Brick::CompBuster: anyway i hope i could meet you all here in philly...:bigcry: just let me know...:)

PeterB
22nd August 2007, 12:06
Well, from December on, maybe we can arrange a meet in Phils for all ex-pat Brits with their Philly partners, and even those Phillys without partners!

Blueberry
22nd August 2007, 14:16
Hey Al,
would it be ok if myself and maricel,join u all at the party,also if anyone is needing a lift if they are on our route would be ok too,we are in Norwich.

Thankyou in advance

Power to the people :)

LEAHnew
23rd August 2007, 05:00
FEeling ko I'm gonna meet u guyz first..before my beyb arrival...:Erm:
Ms. Maria saan ka sa Makati I'll be there on September 2nd week for my MOnthly seminar in Microsoft ...(Kaakbay Partner)...:)

Maria_2300
23rd August 2007, 06:33
Hi Miss kukurokuk, I live in Bangkal, Makati across Magallanes Vill. We can meet if you like. Contact me n my email add. Its in my profile... Have a nice day!