PDA

View Full Version : nortons antivirus

stevewool
22nd August 2012, 18:09
anyone tried to cancell there nortons, and have been sucessfull, bloody sods took money from my account evn though i thought i cancelled with them by email, tried calling them but, we are so busy callat another time message is all i get, and what makes it worst my bank says i cant cancell the direct debit because its something that is not a direct debit, so i says is the only way then to close my account then, they then transfered me to there apartment for ilegal transactions, but they are closed, anyway back to the title, anyone had luck

imagine
22nd August 2012, 18:14
there should be a link within the virus program for contacting them via your antivirus account, for purpose of cancelation or extention ect

stevewool
22nd August 2012, 18:16
yep done that but did not stop them taking out the cash, also i am not being kept holding on the phone while they are soooooooooooooooooooooooooo busy

Arthur Little
22nd August 2012, 18:27
:omg: ... timely reminder: I've since been checking over my July bank statement! And WHAT do I discover? :rolleyes: You've guessed ... exactly the same thing's happened to ME, Steve! :doh This ... despite the fact that I was SURE I'd cancelled the renewal as well!!! :cwm24:

SCAMMING b:censored:ards!!

stevewool
22nd August 2012, 18:32
well wont happen next year and if my bank fobs me off about they cant cancell it well off to lloyds tsb for me:)

imagine
22nd August 2012, 18:36
well they have taken it illegally as you cancelled it , so by law i believe you have to be compensated by your bank or them,

Dedworth
22nd August 2012, 18:45
well they have taken it illegally as you cancelled it , so by law i believe you have to be compensated by your bank or them,

Threaten them with a civil action

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/MoneyTaxAndBenefits/ManagingDebt/Makingacourtclaimformoney/DG_195812

Arthur Little
22nd August 2012, 19:05
Stewart ... you'll remember :rolleyes: ... a few weeks back - being one of the folk here ... you and Mick, among others ... who gave me advice - following my plea for :Help1: after I'd cancelled my Norton annual subscription in favour of a much less expensive version fitted by PC World.

Well ... :anerikke: ... it's too late for me to do anything about it tonight! :bigcry: However, the Bank will be my first "port of call" tomorrow! Norton may imagine [s'cuse puns] they've got away with my money for another year ... but they're NO(r)T ON :nono-1-1:

Arthur Little
23rd August 2012, 17:56
Hmm ... couldn't be ar$ed going to the bank ... too much to *interest (:doh *ANOTHER pun!) me on here! :)

Nor did I fancy hanging on at the end of a handset ... listening to intermittent automated :telephone: messages informing me my call had been placed in a queue "and would be answered shortly" ... grr! :23_111_9[1]:

So ... I decided to follow the suggestion [#2] Stewart had given Steve. :68711_thanx:, Stewart.

Lo and behold ... up popped a little message box in the top left hand corner of my screen ... followed - almost immediately - by a typed: "This is Sindhya. How may I help?" greeting (wouldn't it've been funny, HAD she begun her response with "Hiya"? :icon_lol:).

Anyway - once I'd explained what had happened and provided a few relevant details - it was agreed that the £64.99 Renewal Fee would be refunded through my bank within the next 10 working days ... no problemo!

Hopefully, your efforts will be rewarded with a similar happy outcome, Steve. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

stevewool
23rd August 2012, 18:33
snap, Arthur, just come of there site and i am having a refund not the full amount, but anything is better then nothing, just make sure you have cancelled the automatic renuwel

joebloggs
23rd August 2012, 18:57
i dont know why anyone pays for a virus scanner, some good free ones out there..

avast free version http://www.avast.com/free-antivirus-download :xxgrinning--00xx3:

imagine
23rd August 2012, 22:03
Hmm ... couldn't be ar$ed going to the bank ... too much to *interest (:doh *ANOTHER pun!) me on here! :)

Nor did I fancy hanging on at the end of a handset ... listening to intermittent automated :telephone: messages informing me my call had been placed in a queue "and would be answered shortly" ... grr! :23_111_9[1]:

So ... I decided to follow the suggestion [#2] Stewart had given Steve. :68711_thanx:, Stewart.

Lo and behold ... up popped a little message box in the top left hand corner of my screen ... followed - almost immediately - by a typed: "This is Sindhya. How may I help?" greeting (wouldn't it've been funny, HAD she begun her response with "Hiya"? :icon_lol:).

Anyway - once I'd explained what had happened and provided a few relevant details - it was agreed that the £64.99 Renewal Fee would be refunded through my bank within the next 10 working days ... no problemo!

Hopefully, your efforts will be rewarded with a similar happy outcome, Steve. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

nice one :xxgrinning--00xx3:

imagine
23rd August 2012, 22:05
i dont know why anyone pays for a virus scanner, some good free ones out there..

avast free version http://www.avast.com/free-antivirus-download :xxgrinning--00xx3:

also http://windows.microsoft.com/en-GB/windows/products/security-essentials