PDA

View Full Version : chocolate

imagine
19th August 2012, 17:34
is there any customs restriction on the amount of chocolate bars and chocolate sweets that can be taken to phil, ? apart from my luggage weight allowance :icon_lol::D
http://i712.photobucket.com/albums/ww127/ChocolateMama24/cadbury-milk-chocolate.jpg

grahamw48
19th August 2012, 20:03
Don't think so.

Just don't leave your bag out in the sun. :D

lastlid
19th August 2012, 20:05
You can always scoff anything over the limit, if need be...:xxgrinning--00xx3:

imagine
19th August 2012, 20:12
Don't think so.

Just don't leave your bag out in the sun. :D

mmmmm instant drinking chocolate :icon_lol:

imagine
19th August 2012, 20:12
You can always scoff anything over the limit, if need be...:xxgrinning--00xx3:

good suggestion :icon_lol::xxgrinning--00xx3:

Rhose
19th August 2012, 20:24
is there any customs restriction on the amount of chocolate bars and chocolate sweets that can be taken to phil, ? apart from my luggage weight allowance :icon_lol::D
http://i712.photobucket.com/albums/ww127/ChocolateMama24/cadbury-milk-chocolate.jpg
nothing, my husband did it last June

lastlid
19th August 2012, 20:28
How much are you thinking of taking? Last time I took a Thorntons chocolate car, several bags of Herschey Kisses and 3 large bars of Toblerone...

imagine
19th August 2012, 20:31
How much are you thinking of taking? Last time I took a Thorntons chocolate car, several bags of Herschey Kisses and 3 large bars of Toblerone...

the demand seems to be growing:icon_lol: are they all chocolate addicts in phil :Erm:

maybe i should just get malteasers, there light :icon_lol::laugher::laugher:

oh yes thanks for reminding me Toblerone. lol

imagine
19th August 2012, 20:32
nothing, my husband did it last June

lastlid
19th August 2012, 20:35
There seems to be a liking for Kit Kat out there.....thats light too. But you can buy it there so the wife says.

Moy
19th August 2012, 20:35
i would love to bring a box of clotted cream for tea in PH:D

http://www.fruitandveg4u.com/ekmps/shops/fruitandveg4u/images/trewithen-dairy-cornish-clotted-cream-8oz-18-p.jpg

imagine
19th August 2012, 20:36
actualy im thinking i might have to ditch my clothes out the suitcase to make more room for chocolate:laugher::laugher:

imagine
19th August 2012, 20:37
i would love to bring a box of clotted cream for tea in PH:D

http://www.fruitandveg4u.com/ekmps/shops/fruitandveg4u/images/trewithen-dairy-cornish-clotted-cream-8oz-18-p.jpg
:hubbahubba::hubbahubba::hubbahubba: it might go off on the journey:Erm:

lastlid
19th August 2012, 20:38
actualy im thinking i might have to ditch my clothes out the suitcase to make more room for chocolate:laugher::laugher:

Yeah. Got to get the priorities right. :icon_lol:

lastlid
19th August 2012, 20:40
just put some boxes of ice around it:D:cwm24::icon_lol:
No good without scones though...:NoNo:

Moy
:hubbahubba::hubbahubba::hubbahubba: it might go off on the journey:Erm:

just put some boxes of ice around it:D:cwm24::icon_lol::D:cwm24::Rasp:

imagine
There seems to be a liking for Kit Kat out there.....thats light too. But you can buy it there so the wife says.

just for a moment i thought cat food :yikes: then i put my glasses on :icon_lol:

Moy
19th August 2012, 20:42
No good without scones though...:NoNo:

thats so easy lastid..:D in PH when u have butter, plain flour, egg, baking powder and of course oven scone is easy to made:Rasp::D

imagine
19th August 2012, 20:47
thats so easy lastid..:D in PH when u have butter, plain flour, egg, baking powder and of course oven scone is easy to made:Rasp::D

is there no self raising flower in phil?

Rhose
19th August 2012, 20:49
the demand seems to be growing:icon_lol: are they all chocolate addicts in phil :Erm:

oh yes thanks for reminding me Toblerone. lol
yes we are!! :xxgrinning--00xx3: :icon_lol: don't forget the toblerone the most important chocolate...:)

Moy
19th August 2012, 20:50
is there no self raising flower in phil?

i think there is i cant rem lolz..still flour is no probs scones is a very simple recipe to make :D even the kids can do it with eyes close:hubbahubba::icon_lol::action-smiley-081:

imagine
19th August 2012, 20:50
yes we are!! :xxgrinning--00xx3: :icon_lol: don't forget the toblerone the most important chocolate...:)

:D:xxgrinning--00xx3:

imagine
19th August 2012, 20:53
i think there is i cant rem lolz..still flour is no probs scones is a very simple recipe to make :D even the kids can do it with eyes close:hubbahubba::icon_lol::action-smiley-081:

me too but i use self raising so dont use baking powder, and i add currents and raisins:hubbahubba:

lastlid
19th August 2012, 20:54
just for a moment i thought cat food :yikes: then i put my glasses on :icon_lol:

Thats Kitty Kat. Close...:D

Moy
19th August 2012, 20:55
me too but i use self raising so dont use baking powder, and i add currents and raisins:hubbahubba:

well we have our own way imagine:D you have to be flixible with your resources to create a recipe whenever part of the wordl you will be..:cwm24::D

lastlid
19th August 2012, 20:55

Change of topic Moy. Have you ever been to the Eden Project down your way? Is it any good?

Moy
19th August 2012, 20:57
Change of topic Moy. Have you ever been to the Eden Project down your way? Is it any good?

eden?? or you mean eden park in toril?? davao city:D

lastlid
19th August 2012, 21:01
eden?? or you mean eden park in toril?? davao city:D

No. Eden project in Cornwall.

http://www.edenproject.com/come-and-visit/attraction-cornwall

St Blazey...

Terpe
19th August 2012, 21:06
Stewart, I think Cadbury's and Toberlone is all good :xxgrinning--00xx3:

I'm smiling because yep, chocolate is very good present in Phils hehe.

Even our balikbayan boxes contain plenty of chocolate. So far it doesn't seem to melt.
Just be sure it's well wrapped up if it's in your check-in bag.

Ah, happy days :icon_lol:

Moy
19th August 2012, 21:06
No. Eden project in Cornwall.

http://www.edenproject.com/come-and-visit/attraction-cornwall

St Blazey...

aws not yet the chance lastid been so busy hardly yo have time even for my own self :doh:D

lastlid
19th August 2012, 21:07
aws not yet the chance lastid been so busy hardly yo have time even for my own self :doh:D

I see. Thanks.

Sorry Imagine. I meant to ask Moy before. Back to the chocolate....

imagine
19th August 2012, 21:08

Even our balikbayan boxes contain plenty of chocolate. So far it doesn't seem to melt.
Just be sure it's well wrapped up if it's in your check-in bag.

:D:xxgrinning--00xx3:

imagine
19th August 2012, 21:10
I see. Thanks.

Sorry Imagine. I meant to ask Moy before. Back to the chocolate....

no problem :xxgrinning--00xx3: its something i would have liked to see but i never got the opertunity yet

andy222
19th August 2012, 21:14

I took 20 big bars of cadburys last time no hassle.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

lastlid
19th August 2012, 21:17
no problem :xxgrinning--00xx3: its something i would have liked to see but i never got the opertunity yet

A long way to travel for you! :icon_lol:

They used to do an overnight sleeper run from Aberdeen to Cornwall....:icon_lol:

Rhose
19th August 2012, 21:18
did you bought all the sale chocolate like Cadbury (500g). last time, (celebration of diamond anniversary of queen elizabeth), the price of it was £2 and now it cost £5.

Rhose
19th August 2012, 21:24

seems to melt the filipino heart when you gave us chocolate. Don't have to think any kind we're happy on chocolates.

lastlid
19th August 2012, 21:28
Don't have to think any kind we're happy on chocolates.

Thats what my wife said.

imagine
19th August 2012, 21:32
I took 20 big bars of cadburys last time no hassle.:xxgrinning--00xx3:
heavy :omg::laugher::laugher::xxgrinning--00xx3:

imagine
19th August 2012, 21:34
did you bought all the sale chocolate like Cadbury (500g). last time, (celebration of diamond anniversary of queen elizabeth), the price of it was £2 and now it cost £5.
ah looks like i missed it :NoNo::laugher:

lastlid
19th August 2012, 21:34
heavy :omg::laugher::laugher::xxgrinning--00xx3:

20 kilogram....:icon_lol: I wonder if Andy took any clothes? :icon_lol:

Rhose
19th August 2012, 21:44
ah looks like i missed it :NoNo::laugher:
:NoNo: :NoNo: j:NoNo:ust wait for another anniversary :icon_lol::icon_lol:

Rhose
19th August 2012, 21:47
20 kilogram....:icon_lol: I wonder if Andy took any clothes? :icon_lol: a pair of pants and shirt maybe :rolleyes:

andy222
19th August 2012, 21:51
20 kilogram....:icon_lol: I wonder if Andy took any clothes? :icon_lol:

A lot of my clothes were there form my previous visit. Loads of room.:xxgrinning--00xx3: Cant wait to be there in December again. :bigcry:

grahamw48
19th August 2012, 21:56
Cadburys ? :xxaction-smiley-047

I have to defend my local industry and the biggest employer in my town....York !

= Rowntree/Nestle....inventors of Kit Kat....and Smarties...and Polo Mints...and Fruit Gums ...and Fruit Pastilles...and After Eight Mints....and Yorkie Bars ...and Aeros...and lots more. :ReadIt:

To balance things up I have decided to send a truck load...:D

lastlid
19th August 2012, 22:01

I have to defend my local industry and the biggest employer in my town....York !

= Rowntree/Nestle....inventors of Kit Kat....and Smarties...and Polo Mints...and Fruit Gums ...and Fruit Pastilles...and After Eight Mints....and Yorkie Bars ...and Aeros...and lots more. :ReadIt:

What about Terry's? Of York.

grahamw48
19th August 2012, 22:01
I will also be sending some of our traditional local cake: :D

http://img560.imageshack.us/img560/9314/kitkatcake2.jpg

lastlid
19th August 2012, 22:12
What about Terry's? Of York.

I see. No longer in York.....manufactured overseas.

Rhose
19th August 2012, 22:16

are you going to put a chocolate store here in the Philippines :laugher: :laugher:

Rhose
19th August 2012, 22:18
I will also be sending some of our traditional local cake: :D

http://img560.imageshack.us/img560/9314/kitkatcake2.jpg
:yikes: they will not allow you to bring it :icon_lol:

Leen
20th August 2012, 01:53
the only problem we encountered was hubby complaining how heavy it is to bring all those chocs:icon_lol: but told him it's his visa going inside here.No chocs,no entry:laugher::D

anonymous
20th August 2012, 06:20
http://64.19.142.13/www.cadburygiftsdirect.co.uk/images/thumbs/0001194_470-50-Winners-Celebration-Hamper.png

Speaking of chocolate, my boyfriend will bring cadbury's for me this October :icon_lol: Yipeeee :xxgrinning--00xx3:

imagine
20th August 2012, 10:13
the only problem we encountered was hubby complaining how heavy it is to bring all those chocs:icon_lol: but told him it's his visa going inside here.No chocs,no entry:laugher::D

:laugher::laugher::laugher:

grahamw48
20th August 2012, 10:21
In that case may I recommend Aeros, Milky Way ('the chocolate you CAN eat between meals') and Maltesers.

All lightweight chocolates where you are paying mainly for fresh air. :)

Terpe
20th August 2012, 10:33
I'm sure I saw loads of Cadbury's chocolate in the SM mall in Marikina.
Good prices and made in UK too (Birmingham).

:D

grahamw48
20th August 2012, 10:45
Did you know that they use different recipes, depending upon export market Terpe ? :)

Also special packaging to allow for different temperatures and humidity etc.

lastlid
20th August 2012, 10:49
I'm sure I saw loads of Cadbury's chocolate in the SM mall in Marikina.
Good prices and made in UK too (Birmingham).

:D
Its a strange thing as my wife had never heard of Cadburys when she was in the Philippines. Maybe only sold in certain shops or areas?

lastlid
20th August 2012, 11:13
When I went across at Easter, I took a heap of Cadbury's cream eggs. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

And the small cadbury's eggs with the crunchy coating. They loved em.

And a chocolate car for the wifes nephew as a special treat.

http://www.thorntons.co.uk/pages/product/product.asp?prod=0348&ctgry=gifts_for_him&cookie%5Ftest=1

Rhose
20th August 2012, 11:16
Its a strange thing as my wife had never heard of Cadburys when she was in the Philippines. Maybe only sold in certain shops or areas?
you can buy cadburys in malls on their chocolate section but different taste as we got from england and the size is small..

Rhose
20th August 2012, 11:19
In that case may I recommend Aeros, Milky Way ('the chocolate you CAN eat between meals') and Maltesers. :)
:xxgrinning--00xx3: :xxgrinning--00xx3: cheaper than others

Terpe
20th August 2012, 11:22
Did you know that they use different recipes, depending upon export market Terpe ? :)

Also special packaging to allow for different temperatures and humidity etc.

No, didn't know that.
Better be sure and buy it here :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Looks like another trip to Cadbury World soon :rolleyes:

Leen
20th August 2012, 13:41
http://i1149.photobucket.com/albums/o588/jelstu/chocs.jpg

hubby's present last time :hubbahubba::hubbahubba::hubbahubba:

lastlid
20th August 2012, 13:47
As the advert went......"Toblerone....out on its own.....triangular chocolate....thats Toblerone". :xxgrinning--00xx3:
"With triangulate almonds from triangular trees and triangular honey from triangular bees...."

I can actually remember the words .....:icon_lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B4hGgD-FQYU&feature=related

Terpe
20th August 2012, 13:55
......Looks like another trip to Cadbury World soon :rolleyes:

Makes a very interesting trip.
Plenty of free tasting too.
My wife even had to decline any more free chocolate before the end of our tour:doh

lastlid
20th August 2012, 14:03
Makes a very interesting trip.
Plenty of free tasting too.
My wife even had to decline any more free chocolate before the end of our tour:doh

Yes. Worth a trip. I notice not all forum members agreed on this in an earlier posting a few months back, but I thought it was worth it. And if you book online a discount can be had on certain days as I recall. Fill yer boots as Steve r put it. :D

To print a 20% off voucher...

http://www.smartsave.com/uk/Cadbury-World?prefix=688&gclid=CJzO6NGk9rECFcIPfAodWVUAKg

Terpe
20th August 2012, 14:20
Yes. Worth a trip. I notice not all forum members agreed on this in an earlier posting a few months back, but I thought it was worth it. And if you book online a discount can be had on certain days as I recall.

To print a 20% off voucher...

http://www.smartsave.com/uk/Cadbury-World?prefix=688&gclid=CJzO6NGk9rECFcIPfAodWVUAKg

Well found lastlid :xxgrinning--00xx3:

RickyR
27th August 2012, 09:55
Well actually there is a regulation pertaining to importing chocolate to the Philippines

By authority of Section 18608 of the Tariff and Customs Code of the Philippines R.A. No. 165, Minimum Limits on Chocolate Products.

1. Chocolate imported by Kano for the purpose of distributing to the Filipina family must meet the following minimum requirements

a. No less then 500 kg of chocolate per family member
b. Brands of chocolate should include, but not be limited to, Cadburys and Hersheys
c. Mother in laws should receive the largest amount of chocolate
d. At least 50% of the total suitcase content MUST be chocolate.
e. Immediate termination of marriage will be enforced if insufficient chocolate is provided