PDA

View Full Version : I knew it.

grahamw48
18th August 2012, 19:58
I always told my boy not to waste his money on bottled water when he could take some with him from out of our tap....as I have always done.:)

Seems I was right. :rolleyes:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2190027/Asda-Tesco-selling-tap-water-bottled-water-confusing-customers.html?ICO=most_read_module

imagine
18th August 2012, 20:08
iv heard of this before a couple years back , dont know if it was tesco or not though

lastlid
18th August 2012, 20:12
"It echoes one of the best-loved episodes of the BBC’s Only Fools and Horses, featuring David Jason as the entrepreneurial Del Boy, of Trotters Independent Traders."

Amazing.

lastlid
18th August 2012, 20:17
The irony is that my wife refuses to drink tapwater here so we have to buy bottled water...:laugher:

gWaPito
18th August 2012, 20:20
Yeah, that made I laugh...it reminded me of that ' only fools and horses' episode Peckham Spring ....lovely :icon_lol:

You'll be heartened to know :rolleyes: it wasn't just tesco..apparently they are all at it.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Steve.r
18th August 2012, 20:29
The irony is that my wife refuses to drink tapwater here so we have to buy bottled water...:laugher:

I drink the water from the tap at my house in Phils..... I wouldn't waste my money on bottled water, although my baby son gets bottled, but that is only a few peso from the water station down the road.

grahamw48
18th August 2012, 20:35
I did also...for years in Angeles City (not in Manila), as did the rest of the family.

Never had a bad tum in all that time. :)

My son was breast fed until 2 years old though, and given boiled water if needed.

stevewool
18th August 2012, 20:39
I drink the water from the tap at my house in Phils.....

i cant remember you drinking tap water steve, lots of tanduay ice i think there was

Steve.r
18th August 2012, 20:50
[QUOTE=Steve.r;382517]I drink the water from the tap at my house in Phils.....

i cant remember you drinking tap water steve, lots of tanduay ice i think there was

Just a little technicallity Steve, if someone puts a flavoured water in front of me, ie: Tanduay Ice or Red Horse ... then there is no competition :icon_lol: :40__s:

Rhose
18th August 2012, 20:53
[QUOTE=Steve.r;382517]I drink the water from the tap at my house in Phils.....

better the tanduay ice than the tap water here

bigmarco
18th August 2012, 21:43
Didn't Coca cola get caught out a few years ago when they lauched a bottled water which came from the tap.

Dedworth
18th August 2012, 21:53
Didn't Coca cola get caught out a few years ago when they lauched a bottled water which came from the tap.

It came out of the tap in Sidcup :D http://www.commondreams.org/headlines04/0304-04.htm

bigmarco
18th August 2012, 21:56
It came out of the tap in Sidcup :D http://www.commondreams.org/headlines04/0304-04.htm

Yeah thats it Dedworth. Desani it didn't last long.

Steve.r
18th August 2012, 22:18
[QUOTE=stevewool;382522]
better the tanduay ice than the tap water here

I get my water from a deep bore hole Rhose, so it comes up pre-filtered. Anywhere else, I will drink from bottles. Where are you in Phils ?