PDA

View Full Version : Life's a Bitch!!

Admin
26th September 2005, 09:55
I'm dying with the flu, which in turn makes my arthritis extra hell. My steroids are wearing off, so I get migraine as a side effect, and spend two hours a day with my head under the pillow......on top of that my mother wound me up to **** last night, and for the first time in my life I hung up on her....(should have done it years ago!).

I upgraded my computer to a dual processor with dual graohics, only for it all to go AWOL, and it corrupted my main disk drive. I've now put the old stuff back in, but I've had to reinstall everything from scratch. I build numerous computers a year, and first time that has happend in 15 years. Now it's having problems just trying to run AV & firewalls!!

Ah well...could be worse....I could still be alive by the end of the day ;)

walesrob
26th September 2005, 11:32
Originally posted by admin@Sep 26 2005, 09:55 AM

I upgraded my computer to a dual processor with dual graohics, only for it all to go AWOL, and it corrupted my main disk drive. I've now put the old stuff back in, but I've had to reinstall everything from scratch. I build numerous computers a year, and first time that has happend in 15 years. Now it's having problems just trying to run AV & firewalls!!

Quoted post

Theres any easy way of sorting that. Take computer to top of stairs. Drop computer down stairs. Works for me everytime.

What AV and firewall do you run? I use AVG and Windows Firewall, along with M$ Antispyware...and never had a problem so far. I also build PC's and to be honest I shy away from too much new technology - I prefer the tried and tested (Windows XP 64? wheres the drivers?!)

Admin
29th September 2005, 10:07
You can get all the X64 drivers you need on the open source student sites.

Just waiting for the power pack now, first one didn't bloody fit as the case has a fan on the top with pretty blue neon :D

walesrob
29th September 2005, 10:41
Originally posted by admin@Sep 29 2005, 10:07 AM
Just waiting for the power pack now, first one didn't bloody fit as the case has a fan on the top with pretty blue neon :D

Quoted post

My last pc build was a bit of a non-starter as I had by mistake bought a case with P4 psu, and of course I had a AMD board...so new psu. Then the front panel connectors were all wrong, so I had to cut those up to fit properly, but its all hunky dory now with lovely blue neons everywhere...

ginapeterb
30th September 2005, 19:21
Originally posted by walesrob@Sep 29 2005, 09:41 AM
My last pc build was a bit of a non-starter as I had by mistake bought a case with P4 psu, and of course I had a AMD board...so new psu. Then the front panel connectors were all wrong, so I had to cut those up to fit properly, but its all hunky dory now with lovely blue neons everywhere...

Quoted post

Dont worry Keith, things tend to sort themselves out, and do you know who is the author of that statement ? (Kieth our forum Administrator) heheheheheh

Admin
30th September 2005, 21:21
;)

Now onto ordering my FOURTH PSU!!!! I wish the buggers would get the measurements correct on the site. It's cost me £50 for postage!!!

I was expecting to have had it built in August :mellow: