PDA

View Full Version : wheelie bins

stevewool
12th August 2012, 13:11
why dont people take them in, i live in a terraced house so you have to wheel them out on bin days, but why do people leave them on the pavements all week, i thought you could not block the pavements with anything or is it again no ones bothered, theres my sunday moan out the way :cwm23:

grahamw48
12th August 2012, 13:37
Just kick them into the middle of the road.

They'll soon find owners. :icon_lol:

tone
12th August 2012, 14:00
Can't say fairer than that!

stevewool
12th August 2012, 14:03
cant do that they are still full,they empty them every other week

grahamw48
12th August 2012, 14:08
Ah, well they shouldn't be out until shortly before collection then.

Councils have strict rules on that (as with everything else :rolleyes:)....so you can ring em and complain.

stevewool
12th August 2012, 14:13
thats a job to do monday morning, thanks Graham, i am turning into a right grumpy git, notice i left the old out:xxgrinning--00xx3:

lastlid
12th August 2012, 14:15
I was amazed to discover that our office wheely bins were microchipped....

grahamw48
12th August 2012, 14:17
I always leave mine neatly just level with the end of my drive, but the binmen always dump it back halfway down the street...pillocks. :NoNo:

stevewool
12th August 2012, 14:20
I was amazed to discover that our office wheely bins were microchipped....

what sort of office has wheely bins

lastlid
12th August 2012, 14:26
what sort of office has wheely bins

Any....ours did. Small office. Same in our new office.

lastlid
12th August 2012, 14:31
Any....ours did. Small office. Same in our new office.

Actually, now I think of it, where I worked in Aberdeen a couple of years ago, we had a couple of the larger wheely bins outside the building I worked in. And that company is one of the biggest in the world - so nothing to do with company size.

grahamw48
12th August 2012, 14:38
Probably because they are commercial and have to pay extra.

Some councils have introduced them for home-owners too.

lastlid
12th August 2012, 14:44
Probably because they are commercial and have to pay extra.

Some councils have introduced them for home-owners too.

Yes. Thats the reason. And I gather some councils have indeed introduced microchipped bins too, for home owners.

Ako Si Jamie
12th August 2012, 18:44
We don't have wheelie bins. We're just given a bunch of black sacks every few months.

grahamw48
12th August 2012, 20:37
Same up in Middlesbrough...not that that's a great comfort to you I'm sure. :icon_lol:

Ako Si Jamie
12th August 2012, 21:07
I went up to Middlesbrough when I was a teenager and was planning to stop there for a few days. I left in the afternoon! :icon_lol:

grahamw48
12th August 2012, 21:30
Wise man.

After dark...riskeee. :cwm24:

lordna
12th August 2012, 21:41
we have 2 wheelie bins per household, each one having a separate caddy for recycling paper and plastic bottles, each bin and caddy is emptied on alternate weeks. i didnt choose to have 4 bins so as far as i am concerned it stays in the street and definitely not on my property as i dont own them.

grahamw48
13th August 2012, 00:01
Most councils will charge you about fifty quid if you lose one...that's why I look after mine (2, one Black, one Green for the garden stuff). :)

Arthur Little
13th August 2012, 00:07
Wheelie Bins seem to be ubiquitous in the UK these days ... UNFORTUNATELY! Oh, they're fine - if you are living on the level! But, when your house is situated at the top of a flight of steps, they aren't so handy. :nono-1-1: Even LESS so when you're an OAP; bloody nuisance, tbh.

Don't know about your particular locality, Steve ... but where I stay, they are now only emptied fortnightly. :rolleyes: ... d'you think the binmen are getting lazier or what? :doh

Arthur Little
13th August 2012, 00:24
We're just given a bunch of black sacks every few months.

Aye ... we used to have those too :yeahthat: - many moons ago - for placing in a lidded, black plastic, wire-mesh *container (*from which they were uplifted weekly - by the binmen themselves) - much more convenient, imo!

gWaPito
13th August 2012, 01:08
Those awful wheelie bins definitely lower the tone of any neighbourhood.

It looks as if we've all been relegated to council housing..heavens forbid!

lastlid
13th August 2012, 07:07
These can be a real life saver when it comes to trash....:D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=em1XRIPlQ_c

grahamw48
13th August 2012, 09:09
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZ-tZCUbqIE&feature=related

Trefor
13th August 2012, 10:30
I hate wheelie bins. What annoys me most is that property developers rarely create a place for them, so you have a nice new terrace of houses with 2 bins outside each front door.

In answer to the original question - the bins are left either because the owners are lazy or infirm. Of course the neighbours of the infirm could help...

grahamw48
13th August 2012, 10:35
So the infirm manage to put a full bin out, but can't drag an empty one back in ? :Erm:

I help my neighbours by putting their bin back on their drive after the bin men have left it right in the middle of mine...so I can't get my blinkin car out. :angry: