PDA

View Full Version : No need for visa

AnthonyGos
6th August 2012, 22:08
I got married in Makati City at the Makati City Hall, to my lovely wife, we are both in our late 50's, in 2009 its been almost three years and I have forgot by now so hoping someone here could remind me, that I don't need a visa anymore when going to Philippines when at the airport I have my passport stamp with my wife there with me, is this still true..?

grahamw48
6th August 2012, 22:37
Yes, you should ask for a Balikbayan stamp when arriving at the immigration desk at the airport (with your wife).

This will enable you to stay for a maximum of 1 year, visa free.

I would also make sure you have your marriage cert (or copy) available to show, just in case you're asked.

irishman12
6th August 2012, 23:15
you dont mention how long staying -if 21 days or under -then you will just get visa waiver

AnthonyGos
6th August 2012, 23:16
Thanks grahamw48

grahamw48
6th August 2012, 23:39
Always best to get the Balikbayan....just in case you change plans and decide to stay longer.

You can't get one once you've left the airport.

If you do, it will be a fake...no matter what any 'fixer' might say.

Each immigration official has his/her personal stamp (and signature of course).

andy222
7th August 2012, 06:07
This is new to me. Being as I am married could I get one? And what is the cost?

andy222
7th August 2012, 06:33
Its ok sorted now guys. Its for a married couple or relatives entering from another country.

Iani
7th August 2012, 07:16
Allegedly too, there's a rumour the visa waiver period is to be extended to 30 days, but.......well :Cuckoo:

rusty
7th August 2012, 12:17
When we arrived a few weeks ago, we just gave them all our passports and they stamped mine with a 1 year stay. We didnt need to show our marriage certificate, only the passports. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

grahamw48
7th August 2012, 12:46
That's fine, but it is important to ASK (politely) too, for what is probably the single most important benefit to a foreigner and spouse entering the Philippines.

You'd be pretty sick getting outside the airport and wrong stamp. :NoNo:

Terpe
8th August 2012, 09:09
Better to always follow formal and official advice and to request Balikbayan Privilege in front of the Philippine Immigration Officer at the port of entry.

Also stated is:-
The Filipino family member should present at the Philippine port of entry the following:-
1.valid passport (or naturalization certificate to show Philippine citizenship)
2.marriage certificate in case of the spouse
3.birth certificates in the case of minor children
4.adoption papers in the case of adopted children

All very easy and straightforward.
Still plenty of cases where family members have not being granted BB Privilege by not following correct process or by not having requested papers to hand.

sars_notd_virus
8th August 2012, 11:10
thanks terpe
great info , I have to make sure we avail this when my family comes and visit PH again:xxgrinning--00xx3:

irishman12
8th August 2012, 12:58
we just spent less than 3 weeks there last month -also got stamped with bb without any need for showing marriage cert -wouldnt have mattered anyway as stay was under 21 days

grahamw48
8th August 2012, 13:25
Just to make things CLEAR for others though, always best to do as Terpe has outlined above. :rolleyes: