PDA

View Full Version : Uk and Schengen Visa - Need Advise

si0ps
1st August 2012, 16:57
Hi everyone!

Has anyone here applied for both at the same time or applied for one following the other?

I am planning to go to the UK and a few Schengen countries this year. Just looking for some opinion :) I'm thinking of submitting my application for the UK visa first, the thing is my exit plan for UK is to take the eurostar to Paris. I'm wondering if that would be acceptable, with the fact that by the time I lodge my application I won't have the Schengen Visa yet. I'm open to suggestions :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Thank you in advance! I have always find forums like this much more helpful than the information provided by the embassy. Nothing beats personal experience :D

Terpe
1st August 2012, 17:53
Hi there and welcome to the forum.

That's a pretty big ask and a quite complicated process.
Well, as you'll know, you just can't apply for both at the same time.

You really need to set-up a very detailed plan of your proposed trip, including complete itinerary of the whole duration including accomodation, visit details, departure and arrival dates etc. This would apply to both UK and French Schenghen Visa

Once you've prepared your detailed plan you'll be in a much better position to ask specific questions on implementation.

Both UK and France will want some very serious supporting information/documentation. Especially in connection with reasons for the visit, means of support, income and employment details, travel and medical insurance etc

A key will be convincing the authorities that you have no intentions to become an immigrant and that you can clearly demonstrate that on the balance of probability you have far stronger and more compelling reasons to return home than to overstay the visa validity.

Why not do some more serious work/research and sort out a reasonable plan then ask more questions about best to go about getting those visa's granted.

You'll need to make both applications in your own country.

si0ps
2nd August 2012, 03:30
Hi Terpe! Thank you for the warm welcome. :D

Yup, I actually have a very detailed travel plan for both UK and France (plus for the other Schengen countries). I'll be traveling with my boyfriend who's Australian with 2 of his friends. I'll be submitting all therequired documents (ie. Bank certificates, Credit card certification, Certificate of Employment, Payslips, ITR, letter from my boyfriend that we'll be sharing expenses, hotel bookings/confirmation, eurostar booking from London to Paris, etc).

I also have a confirmed booking from Singapore Airlines of flights from Manila to London, however, this is only a 1-way ticket since we plan to fly out from the Netherlands. This is what worries me since by the time I lodge my application to the british embassy, I still won't have the Schengen Visa, so technically my exit plan is not 100% guarantee. Should I just present to them an airline booking of flights from the Netherlands to Manila since that is where we plan to exit from?

I don't have any intention of overstaying in the UK (or any Schengen member country) since I don't know anyone from there and I'll be going to Australia by February next year to study.

Thank you! :)