PDA

View Full Version : CERTIFICATE OF APPROVAL

robert
21st September 2005, 12:15
HI,

GOOD DAY!

MY FIANCEE VISA HAS BEEN APPROVED LASTWEEK,THEY PUT MARRIAGE VISITOR IN HER PASSPORT,MY QUERY DO WE NEED TO APPLY A CERTIFICATE OF APPROVAL FROM HOMEOFFICE AGAIN?OR NOT...BEFORE WE GET MARRIED .PLEASE I WANT YOUR ADVICE...

THANK YOU VERY MUCH AGAIN, BECAUSE YOU ANSWERED ALL MY QUESTION/QUERY....

peterdavid
21st September 2005, 17:21
Originally posted by robert@Sep 21 2005, 11:15 AM
HI,

GOOD DAY!

MY FIANCEE VISA HAS BEEN APPROVED LASTWEEK,THEY PUT MARRIAGE VISITOR IN HER PASSPORT,MY QUERY DO WE NEED TO APPLY A CERTIFICATE OF APPROVAL FROM HOMEOFFICE AGAIN?OR NOT...BEFORE WE GET MARRIED .PLEASE I WANT YOUR ADVICE...

THANK YOU VERY MUCH AGAIN, BECAUSE YOU ANSWERED ALL MY QUESTION/QUERY....

Quoted post

Christ, you like your capitals don't you? How old are you, 10?

Short answer is - I don't know. I know they changed the rules recently so that all "foreigners" wishing to marry in England had to notify the Home Office, but I don't know if that specifically applies to those here solely for the purpose of getting married (ie, on a fiance visa). Using one's common sense, you would assume not, since you would assume that the Home Office would know of your intention to marry by virtue of the fact that your gf has a fiance visa, but then I've never known the Home Office to apply common sense, so such logical and rational thinking may escape them.

Best bet is to contact Home Office direct. You can actually email them, I believe, as their "helplessline" number is permanently engaged and useless. Website should give you the email details. www.ind.homeoffice.gov.uk/content/ind/en/home.html

Admin
22nd September 2005, 08:38
Christ, you like your capitals don't you? How old are you, 10?
That's a bit harsh......more like 11...... :P :D ....must think we're all old deaf sods :)

Our niece was given a 6 month fiancee visa to get married here, and she didn't need the marriage authorisation, as it had already been confirmed by giving her the visa in the first place, so NO BUT ALWAYS BEST TO GIVE THE IND A BELL!!