PDA

View Full Version : Leaving the Philippines with two passports...!!

DaveUK
30th July 2012, 10:55
Hi guys! Been a long time since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is good! Came back as I wanted to catch up and see what I've been missing and now I've ended up with a query of my own! :)

For the first time since my wife has been in the UK, we will be going back to the Phils on holiday next year for a couple of weeks.

Due to bad timing, we have had to renew the wife's passport as her passport is due to expire just before we travel.

From what I've read on the UKBA site, my wife can get back into the UK with her new passport and her old passport showing her ILR visa.

My question relates to leaving the Phils. If my wife has both passports (old one in her maiden name with visa, new one in her married name), is there a chance she may experience any issues from Phils Immigrations, or will they happily just let her leave?

I'm asking my question in the hope others here may have been in a similar scenario.

Cheers

grahamw48
30th July 2012, 11:00
I would think it would be a good idea to have her marriage certificate with her too.

My ex used to carry new and old (with settlement visa) though, without any problems.

DaveUK
30th July 2012, 13:36
Cool. I wasn't really expecting there to be any issues, but wanted to ask just in case anyone had been caught out. Will make sure we have the marriage certificate as well.

Thanks for the advice fella! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

grahamw48
30th July 2012, 14:17
That was a while back, so I suggest doing a bit more research on the Phils (BI) website, plus waiting for more replies on here.

Shouldn't be any problems UK end, as we operate a logical system that doesn't depend on the whims or mood of local staff and how they choose to interpret rules on that particular day. :rolleyes:

DaveUK
30th July 2012, 14:18
lol Yeah, it's the intepratation on any given day that worries me despite how prepared we are! :)

grahamw48
30th July 2012, 14:26
To be fair, I've not heard of any of the numerous married ladies on the forum here having experienced such problems. :Erm:

Settlement visa, marriage cert and previous arrival stamps in another country should be pretty bullet-proof. :)

aim_angel
30th July 2012, 15:11
hello DaveUK , i have 2 passports same as your wife and never had any problem leaving the country .. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

DaveUK
30th July 2012, 15:13
Thanks for the info aim_angel :xxgrinning--00xx3: That definitely gives me a bit of comfort as well.

CBM
30th July 2012, 15:16
Graham's advice is good - take your marriage certificate with you.

It should not be a problem.