PDA

View Full Version : working mother

Moy
29th July 2012, 18:44
for those mum ;)here who work and at the same time wife and mum..how do you mange your time after come home from a very long day:cwm24::doh work:rolleyes:
so tiring..yet fulfilling but blimey:doh with few kids and a husband waiting home..you prepare dinner and house chores wipes you out...is this normal..lolz:cwm3:
although am aware im not in typical home..PH:D WHERE there is a nanay or tatay who can look out for kids in here you have to do it all in one:icon_lol:
i sounds complaining but maybe i am...lolz..:action-smiley-081::icon_lol:
i wish i could survive:cwm24::D

lastlid
29th July 2012, 18:48
My previous marriage lasted 25 years. We had 2 kids. My ex wife never worked. So cant help you there...:D

Moy
29th July 2012, 18:51
My previous marriage lasted 25 years. We had 2 kids. My ex wife never worked. So cant help you there...:D

25yrs blimey..she should belong to those who are unfortunate that time :Dlastid :icon_lol::omg::cwm24::laugher:

joebloggs
29th July 2012, 18:53
and a husband waiting home..you prepare dinner and house chores wipes you out...is this normal..lolz:cwm3:

waiting for what, my misses doesn't cook me anything and hasn't for many years :icon_lol: and why should she :D

my misses leaves for work 7:40am, drives for 1hr, finishes after 5pm and doesn't get home til after 6pm, so I help the misses get little joe ready for school, makes his breakfast, take him to the child minder, go to work, pick him up from the childminder, its not easy but you do what you have to do :rolleyes:

Moy
29th July 2012, 18:57
waiting for what, my misses doesn't cook me anything and hasn't for many years :icon_lol: and why should she :D

my misses leaves for work 7:40am, drives for 1hr, finishes after 5pm and doesn't get home til after 6pm, so I help the misses get little joe ready for school, makes his breakfast, take him to the child minder, go to work, pick him up from the childminder, its not easy but you do what you have to do :rolleyes:

childminder?? ah i thoughT you are looking after your son joe:D i got 3 kids and i wonder how much it cost for a child minder i bit we cant afford here lolz..
your wife doesNt cook you Joes:omg: i would sure will if i were her:omg::cwm24::D
but thanks for the input ;)

joebloggs
29th July 2012, 19:14
no i work from 9 to 5 :doh, either i or the misses (depending on where and what time she has to work) will take the kids to the childminder at about 7:45, the childminder takes them to skool and picks them up from skool,and i pick them up about 5:40pm :cwm24:

well she offers sometimes to cook me something, but i dont like the look of it :cwm24: :icon_lol: , i think i will turn your food down for the same reasons :xxparty-smiley-004:

CBM
29th July 2012, 19:16
Moy, you have put your finger on a very big issue indeed. Actually I think its bigger than the age difference issue (where that eixsts).

A Filipina marrying a Brit and moving here leaves her family behind - no lolo, no lola, no tatay, no nanay, no uncles aunts, no kuya, no ate.

And she will very often be, or will soon become, a mother.

The problem is that she is joining a culture where both parents often need to work to pay the bills, but unlike her British friends at the school gate, she has no "support network" of relatives (yes, the British dump their children on their parents just like the Filipinos do! ;) )

This is a fairly huge problem.

My Filipina ex wife didn't work until our younger son was six; two years after that she left me for another bloke, leaving me with the kids. Part of the problem, I suspect, was that we were both permanently tired (I've been even more tired, for the last two years!)

Moy
29th July 2012, 19:23
no i work from 9 to 5 :doh, either i or the misses (depending on where and what time she has to work) will take the kids to the childminder at about 7:45, the childminder takes them to skool and picks them up from skool,and i pick them up about 5:40pm :cwm24:

well she offers sometimes to cook me something, but i dont like the look of it :cwm24: :icon_lol: , i think i will turn your food down for the same reasons :xxparty-smiley-004:

i try to send you pm but i cant as it says your box are full and cant be send until your empty your inbox :D
so i will just have to post my msg here Joe:D apologize..

so how many hours does your kids spend time with the childminder Joe?? and how much does it cost you ??
you see am curious as i got kids as well..but am thinking it is so damn expensive..:cwm3: and to be honest am really not comfortable my children would be look by other people.. and what ages are your kids??

Moy
29th July 2012, 19:25
Moy, you have put your finger on a very big issue indeed. Actually I think its bigger than the age difference issue (where that eixsts).

A Filipina marrying a Brit and moving here leaves her family behind - no lolo, no lola, no tatay, no nanay, no uncles aunts, no kuya, no ate.

And she will very often be, or will soon become, a mother.

The problem is that she is joining a culture where both parents often need to work to pay the bills, but unlike her British friends at the school gate, she has no "support network" of relatives (yes, the British dump their children on their parents just like the Filipinos do! ;) )

This is a fairly huge problem.

My Filipina ex wife didn't work until our younger son was six; two years after that she left me for another bloke, leaving me with the kids. Part of the problem, I suspect, was that we were both permanently tired (I've been even more tired, for the last two years!)

hello CBM..i know what you saying:)
its been hard for me as well..but ill send you msg..to tell more about it..;)

joebloggs
29th July 2012, 19:32

you dont have to be a Filipina for that to happen, I've no family member who can look after our kids for 5 mins never mind a few hours ,apart from my misses son (who works thou (from 8am to 6:30pm 4 days a week:doh)) so it's been a major problem for us for many years,

joebloggs
29th July 2012, 19:37
i've deleted a few PM's Ross thanks for telling me :D

oh we pay the childminder £130 a week for looking after 2 kids from 7:45am to 9:00am (and taking them to school) and picking them up at 3:30pm til 6:00pm for 4 days a week (stepson has thursdays off)

Jamesey
29th July 2012, 19:51
It's hard!

I do long hours and my wife works pretty much full time as a nurse. She does 3 shifts per week, each over 12 hours. Sometimes they fall on a weekend or overnight though. We just end up paying a fortune on childcare! We're lucky that the nursery we use is very flexible and is open from 6.45am until 6pm.

Now that our son is 3 years old, we qualify for the Government's early years grant, which pays for 15 hours per week during term time.

I also don't have a large network of relatives to call on. My mother looks after him for one afternoon per week, but I that tires her out enough!

CBM
29th July 2012, 19:58
you dont have to be a Filipina for that to happen, I've no family member who can look after our kids for 5 mins never mind a few hours ,apart from my misses son (who works thou (from 8am to 6:30pm 4 days a week:doh)) so it's been a major problem for us for many years,

Neither have I! Both my parents are long dead; I have one sister 200 miles away... that's the lot!

joebloggs
29th July 2012, 20:00
been there to Jamesy, and next week my wife will probably working shifts again :NoNo: meaning i have to take them to the child minder and pick them up :cwm24:

joebloggs
29th July 2012, 20:03
Neither have I! Both my parents are long dead; I have one sister 200 miles away... that's the lot!

i've a sister :D but she might as well be on the moon :rolleyes: a brother who is 20 miles away but works and my mom who is in a care home.

but your right about the extended family in the phils, so many of the misses family could looks after them :rolleyes:

Moy
29th July 2012, 20:42
i've deleted a few PM's Ross thanks for telling me :D

oh we pay the childminder £130 a week for looking after 2 kids from 7:45am to 9:00am (and taking them to school) and picking them up at 3:30pm til 6:00pm for 4 days a week (stepson has thursdays off)

:yikes:m oh..can i be the childminder of your kids instead joe lolz..:D

andy222
29th July 2012, 20:54
A very big welcome to the uk moy.:laugher: Any advice for the ones who want to come here?

Moy
29th July 2012, 20:55
A very big welcome to the uk moy.:laugher:

thanks very much andy :action-smiley-081::laugher:

malditako
30th July 2012, 18:59
moy i dont work here in UK but house chores and looking after with my parrot like son worns me out a lot of time. If I have to work i would demand help from my husband thats for sure. I dont cook dinner if i dont feel cooking theres so many take away around hehehe

Moy
30th July 2012, 20:35
moy i dont work here in UK but house chores and looking after with my parrot like son worns me out a lot of time. If I have to work i would demand help from my husband thats for sure. I dont cook dinner if i dont feel cooking theres so many take away around hehehe

hello malditako:D i like your name..here he he ..maldita sad ko sa atoah ..are you bisaya:D?:D
the husband help me but at times we woman has more things to do than a usual men chores.:action-smiley-081::laugher:.it not the same if you know what am saying..:D
i am in work but my mind is in my daily routine work when i wasnt been working:cwm24::icon_lol:

talking about take away its not my cup of tea nice foods here no denie but i have a great passion in cooking hehe

lastlid
30th July 2012, 20:48
hello malditako:D i like your name..here he he ..maldita sad ko sa atoah ..are you bisaya:D?:D
the husband help me but at times we woman has more things to do than a usual men chores.:action-smiley-081::laugher:.it not the same if you know what am saying..:D
i am in work but my mind is in my daily routine work when i wasnt been working:cwm24::icon_lol:

talking about take away its not my cup of tea nice foods here no denie but i have a great passion in cooking hehe

That was one benefit I had with my ex wife not working. She cooked some fantastic food.

lastlid
30th July 2012, 20:50
More wives is the answer, like in Joe's new thread.

Moy
30th July 2012, 20:51
That was one benefit I had with my ex wife not working. She cooked some fantastic food.

:xxgrinning--00xx3:

imagine
30th July 2012, 21:28
a mothers work is never done:D

scottishbride
30th July 2012, 21:36
To be a working Mum is not easy Moy. And yes, sometimes It can be very tiring and just want to jump into bed after work. I used to work night shifts and never seen my daughter and spend quality time with her. And also my husband whenever he's home I am working. This is one of the reasons I resigned, I want to spend quality time with my Daughter, you never know... time flies and their youth will never turn back. I want to enjoy it while she's still young. You know.. more cuddles and lambing from my daughter. I don't know if she will be the same when she grew up,kiss me goodnight and say I love you mummy.. :icon_lol::NoNo:. I think the best reward I got when I was working is whenever I get home after work is a big kiss from my hubby and dinner is ready.

andy222
30th July 2012, 21:43
To be a working Mum is not easy Moy. And yes, sometimes It can be very tiring and just want to jump into bed after work. :.

I hope my wife is like that when she comes here. :laugher:

grahamw48
30th July 2012, 22:05
The ex used to work evenings...til 1am (restaurant cashier) and I worked days.

I used to take her to work and brought her home.

We shared all household duties.

I'd looked after myself from age 18 until getting married at 40, so no problem for me doing cooking, housework etc.

The children were supervised by one or other of us. Just a case of arranging jobs and hours to suit our lifestyle.

I bought a house close to the local schools so the older children could comfortably and safely walk there and I'd take the youngest to nursery school on my bike...my ex-wife picking him up later.

grahamw48
30th July 2012, 22:10
To be a working Mum is not easy Moy. And yes, sometimes It can be very tiring and just want to jump into bed after work. I used to work night shifts and never seen my daughter and spend quality time with her. And also my husband whenever he's home I am working. This is one of the reasons I resigned, I want to spend quality time with my Daughter, you never know... time flies and their youth will never turn back. I want to enjoy it while she's still young. You know.. more cuddles and lambing from my daughter. I don't know if she will be the same when she grew up,kiss me goodnight and say I love you mummy.. :icon_lol::NoNo:. I think the best reward I got when I was working is whenever I get home after work is a big kiss from my hubby and dinner is ready.

I totally agree with your post...your wish to be with your child.

You're quite right IMO. They do grow up so quickly and those early years are so precious.
Worth making a few sacrifices for and perhaps having less money and personal possessions. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Moy
30th July 2012, 22:11

i know what you saying scottishbride:xxgrinning--00xx3: and that s our world for motherhood:cwm24:;)
with 3 kids and a husband it is hard but i do enjoy doin this for them even how tiring the work is and of course to please them in the way i know:rolleyes::D

malditako
31st July 2012, 11:08

i am pure tagalog moy.

Moy
31st July 2012, 12:07
i am pure tagalog moy.

:xxgrinning--00xx3::D

sars_notd_virus
31st July 2012, 15:09
for those mum ;)here who work and at the same time wife and mum..how do you mange your time after come home from a very long day:cwm24::doh work:rolleyes:
so tiring..yet fulfilling but blimey:doh with few kids and a husband waiting home..you prepare dinner and house chores wipes you out...is this normal..lolz:cwm3:
although am aware im not in typical home..PH:D WHERE there is a nanay or tatay who can look out for kids in here you have to do it all in one:icon_lol:
i sounds complaining but maybe i am...lolz..:action-smiley-081::icon_lol:
i wish i could survive:cwm24::D

Welcome to England Moy:D:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Moy
31st July 2012, 17:42
Welcome to England Moy:D:xxgrinning--00xx3:

thanks sars..mabuhay :omg::icon_lol::xxgrinning--00xx3:

Terpe
31st July 2012, 20:15
Good on yer Moy :xxgrinning--00xx3:
I'm proud of you.
Just be sure not to exhaust all your spirit.

It's very true what sars says, this is life in UK. It's not picking money from the tree :NoNo:

Moy
31st July 2012, 20:20
Good on yer Moy :xxgrinning--00xx3:
I'm proud of you.
Just be sure not to exhaust all your spirit.

It's very true what sars says, this is life in UK. It's not picking money from the tree :NoNo:
;) i know terpe..just trying to express myself here really and sharing thoughts as well:rolleyes::D
thanks ;)

scottishbride
31st July 2012, 23:31
You're quite right IMO. They do grow up so quickly and those early years are so precious.
:xxgrinning--00xx3: They do... I can't believe she is now Primary 2 this year! :omg: It felt like yesterday when she was just a baby and learning how to walk and talk. But now, she is one wee chatterbox! She can't stop talking and keep asking WHY? :icon_lol:

scottishbride
31st July 2012, 23:33
i know what you saying scottishbride:xxgrinning--00xx3: and that s our world for motherhood:cwm24:;)
with 3 kids and a husband it is hard but i do enjoy doin this for them even how tiring the work is and of course to please them in the way i know:rolleyes::D Amen! :)

grahamw48
31st July 2012, 23:49
They do... I can't believe she is now Primary 2 this year! :omg: It felt like yesterday when she was just a baby and learning how to walk and talk. But now, she is one wee chatterbox! She can't stop talking and keep asking WHY? :icon_lol:

The change in 17 years.... :)

No more cuddles. :bigcry:

http://img821.imageshack.us/img821/3843/richatsarmientosted.jpg

http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/7237/richjuly12002.jpg