PDA

View Full Version : Manila airport question please chaps

chippy
26th July 2012, 14:08
Hi Just booked flight with Kuwait airlines not by choice just that it was nearly £1000 cheaper.
So here goes we arrive terminal 1 Manila but we need to then fly on to Cebu where we are staying so which airline is best to get to cebu as we dont really want to transfer airports like we have in the past ?

RickyR
26th July 2012, 14:52
Unfortunately you will have to change terminals. You can choose Philippine Airlines from Terminal 2, Air Phil Express or Cebu Pacific from Terminal 3 or Zest Air from the old Domestic Terminal.

Terminal 2 is the easiest to get too, and Philippine Airlinse is probably the best airline to fly with in terms of flexibility and reliability.

Leave yourself AT LEAST 3 hours from touchdown to next flight.

deeen
26th July 2012, 17:44
Personally I will never use Zest Air again, Philippine Airlines and AirPhil Express were fine in my limited experience. Never tried cebu pacific.

DaveW
26th July 2012, 17:59
Its right you'll still have to change terminal. Cebu Pacific have improved alot in terms of being ontime. ZestAir can be a gamble and the domestic terminal is horrible. You will have to pick an airline which gives you enough time to get your bags and switch terminals, have a look. I'd probably go with Cebu Pacific.

chippy
26th July 2012, 20:30
Thanks Guys i dont want a repeat of last time when KLM left us stranded in Manila airport as when we arrived the airport had already closed for the night.
We was stranded with a baby and no shops open in the airport.

irishman12
26th July 2012, 21:27
that depends what time you arrive in manila -according to kuwait website arrival is around 4.30pm -therefore if giving at least 3 hrs between flights that might limit you to airphil express as thay seem to have later flights than cebu pacific - it might be good idea to overnight in manila ,how did klm leave you stranded? what responsilibilty do they have after arriving at your destination ? was that many yrs ago -i havent heard of manila airport closing-there are flights arriving /dept all day /night.

Ako Si Jamie
26th July 2012, 21:58
There are flights with Tiger Airways on Seair planes for around £7 per person for a single ticket from Manila to Cebu in August but that price is without luggage.

15kg is about £2.50 extra
20kg is just over £4 extra
30kg is about £12 extra

RickyR
26th July 2012, 22:40
Essentially when connecting from KLM, Kuwait, Qatar, Emirates, Cathay etc to a low cost airline and vice versa if you miss the connections you have no recourse. Neither airline has any responsibility for you. You will probably find yourself buying a completely new set of flights. In years gone by airlines used to have a little bit more flexibility, but now they don't.
If you book a flight with 3 hours connection, and the Kuwait airways flight gets in late at midnight, its a case of tough luck.

I've connected from Terminal 1 to the Domestic, Terminal 2 and Terminal 3 and visa versa hundreds of times in the last 4 or 5 years and despite some very very close shaves have always managed to make it. I've used all of the low cost airlines, but fly in the knowledge that it could be cancelled or delayed without any communication whatsoever. Philippine Airlines tends to be more reliable, but you can still expect delayed flights, lack of communication and no sympathy or compensation in the event of missed flights.

On occasions when I've wanted the flexibility, I've stayed in hotels in Manila.

The Manila Airport Hotel is a very good place to rest your eyes overnight between connections, and in fact they also offer day rooms if you just want to rest for 5 or 6 hours between flights. You can walk to the hotel in about 5 minutes from terminal 1. It's clean tidy and basic.
If you are worried, book the last or earliest in the morning and take a few hours here to take a shower and relax.

www.manila-airporthotel.com

lastlid
26th July 2012, 22:42

grahamw48
26th July 2012, 23:27
I'm getting one of these. :D

RickyR
27th July 2012, 00:15
You'd probably still have someone wrestling you for it outside arrivals and then demanding you pay them 500 peso to let them ride it to the taxi for you.

andy222
27th July 2012, 08:23
Get the shuttle bus from the international airport to the domestic airport I always fly with cebu pacific. Good luck.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

stevewool
27th July 2012, 16:37
as the others have said its so easy to do get the shuttle and i think its a better airport too

chippy
14th August 2012, 12:13
that depends what time you arrive in manila -according to kuwait website arrival is around 4.30pm -therefore if giving at least 3 hrs between flights that might limit you to airphil express as thay seem to have later flights than cebu pacific - it might be good idea to overnight in manila ,how did klm leave you stranded? what responsilibilty do they have after arriving at your destination ? was that many yrs ago -i havent heard of manila airport closing-there are flights arriving /dept all day /night.

Yes they arrive 4.30pm but kuwait airlines do often get delayed leaving the uk.

chippy
14th August 2012, 12:28

Basicly it was around 2 years ago we decided to fly from birmingham to manila and then on to cebu.
Anyway we got to Birmingham airport on a night when we had snow and as you know UK cant deal with snow, we went checked in went to departures and about 30 minutes before departure anouncement was made flight cancelled so they decided to send us down to Heathrow with other filipino passengers where caught a flight to manila but we got there around 7 or 8pm went stright to try book new tickets to cebu but was told no more flight going to cebu until morning.
I was really unhappy and where still trying to get 600 euros each back as we used a company to fight for us but all that is going thru courts as airlines are refusing to pay out passengers.

irishman12
15th August 2012, 17:53
not sure what policies are regarding snow /flight cancelled but they did get you to manila after that they dont have any responsilibility? so either you stay at airport until morning or get a hotel nearby ,probably wasting more money trying to get back anything from airline