PDA

View Full Version : needs to be enlighten....

cryingbaby
24th July 2007, 14:12
hello there guys and gals...im just wondering because im in fiancee visa and im in england now, just arrive 5 days ago and ive read in the website about this CFO thing..i never had that...or ive never been interrogated in the passport control at heathrow or never had medical check up at all..i applied for my fiancee visa last march 6, 2007 and was called for an interview april 23 and got my visa the same day..ive never been advised of that cfo thing, so im worried now,of how important is that...Will it gonna cause me a problem in the future??need advice pls...thanks:):):)

joebloggs
24th July 2007, 16:28
about the TB test,

There has been a recent change to the British Governments’ policy on immigration. Applicants from the following countries will now be required to be tested for tuberculosis (TB) before applying for a visa to enter the UK:

Bangladesh, Pakistan, Tanzania, Thailand, Cambodia, Laos, Kenya and Ghana.

During 2007, the British Government will also be extending the TB testing requirements to those applying for visa entry to a further 6 countries: China, Ethiopia, Nigeria, Philippines, South Africa and Zimbabwe. We will tell you when TB screening is due to start in these countries as soon as we are able to.

If you are coming to the UK for more than 6 months, you must now obtain a health certificate to confirm you are free from infectious TB before applying for your visa. If you are coming to the UK with your wife, husband or any children (who are older than 11 years), then they too will also need to obtain a health certificate before they apply for their dependants’ visa. Please note that those failing to submit a certificate at the time of the visa application will be refused and the visa fee will not be refunded.

TB health certificates will not be needed by:

those coming to the UK for less than 6 months
Children aged under 11 years of age

I think you will get a letter from the NHS sometime to go for a TB test.

LadyJ
24th July 2007, 16:40
British Embassy or Immigration and Heathrow airport has got nothing to do with the CFO.

YOu'll only need to attned the seminar if you are married to a foreigner and moving abroad etc. I'm actually surprised and the same time you are lucky because no one stop you in the Immigration in the Phils airport, mostly if you don't have this CFO stamp on your passport they won't let you go to oyur flight.

No need to worry now.

cryingbaby
24th July 2007, 17:22
thank you so much for the infos..but there's another thing that bugging me..we thought before, that if i can get a visa(fiancee visa) and come over here, we get married and register our marriage in phil embassy and thats it!! my stay in uk will be legal..but i did alot of readings about this FLR stuff and it confuses me really..so i need an advice about what we do after we get married..do i really need this FLR, ILR things?? am i allowed to work? your sharings and advices are much appreciated..

cryingbaby
24th July 2007, 17:26
im in uk now(aarived 5 days ago), do i still need that TB health certificates?

LadyJ
24th July 2007, 17:53
You are currently holding fiancee visa which is valid only 6 months.

your next step

get married within 6 month
apply for SET M to the Home Office (you are allowed to work after received this visa).
complete your 24 months stay in UK with living together with hubby
apply for ILR to the Home Office (your stay in UK will be no limit after received this visa).
after 1 yr, you can then apply for British Citizen.

LadyJ
24th July 2007, 18:13

You said you never had a TB test check up when you arrived at the Heathrow airport... so nothing to worry about now.
Unless you receive a letter about TB test in a few weeks time, just go for it, it's free but when they see your scar near your shoulder called BCG (bakuna) then no further action.

cryingbaby
24th July 2007, 18:19
:Yippeee::smileybigtmouth::smileybigtmouth::smileybigtmouth:
wow!!thank u so much..we feel much better now..this site is very helpful with very helpful members too!!!we're getting married on the third week of august.and i wish everything will be ok...im so happy with my husband to be..:):):)

LadyJ
24th July 2007, 18:24
Any concern about settling here in UK just search this forum or give us a buzz.

You still have lots of steps to do about your visa, so goodluck to you!

cryingbaby
24th July 2007, 19:00
anyway, my visa expires on october 23, when is the best time to apply for FLR?thanks

andypaul
24th July 2007, 19:24

My wife came though heathrow and had a medical check ie quick x ray and filled in some paperwork. it may have been when you came though the officer forgot to send you over or more likely too many people allready waiting so you got lucky:xxgrinning--00xx3:and saved some time.

Dont worry about a tb certifcate i have never heard anyone asking to see one from a newly arrived person already in the UK.

andypaul
24th July 2007, 19:27
anyway, my visa expires on october 23, when is the best time to apply for FLR?thanks

Not an expert and there is a big thread all about flr on the site which should help you both with the details.

But i would suggest straight after your married, i think im right in saying the faster the flr is sorted the quicker the countdown to applying for your ilr starts?

cryingbaby
24th July 2007, 19:32
thanks..ive been reading on www.ind.homeoofice.gov.uk bout this thing..i appreciate your advices though..thank you

joebloggs
24th July 2007, 20:01
my stepson got a letter from the nhs asking him to go for a tb test after being in the uk a few weeks. its nothing to worry about if you do, maybe you'll be asked when you've applied for FLR if you don't get a letter soon.

:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Louella
24th July 2007, 20:28
I'm actually surprised and the same time you are lucky because no one stopped you at the Immigration in the Phils airport, usually, if you don't have this CFO stamp on your passport they won't let you go to your flight.

You are indeed very lucky because lmost of the girls on this forum who have come to the UK in the past couple of years, myself included, have had to attend a CFO seminar in either Manila or Cebu, so that they could then get a sticker put on their passports to allow them to leave the country.

Louella.

cryingbaby
24th July 2007, 20:58
ey louella!!!thats what ive been wondering too..i never had any idea about that cfo thing...when we came to manila and submit the apllication form and when i wAs called for an interview nobody advised me/us about it.is it compulsory?

KeithD
24th July 2007, 21:19
Typical UK government.....let them in....spread the disease around a bit....then send them a letter asking them for a test :icon_lol:

They should be tested BEFORE they leave you plonkers :Brick:

IainBusby
25th July 2007, 10:03
ey louella!!!thats what ive been wondering too..i never had any idea about that cfo thing...when we came to manila and submit the apllication form and when i wAs called for an interview nobody advised me/us about it. is it compulsory?

Yes it is compulsory, thats why we can't understand how you got through passport control a Manila. Follow this link and you can read the wording of the law: http://www.cfo.gov.ph/fs_manila.htm

Louella & Iain.

vbkelly
25th July 2007, 16:00
hello there guys and gals...im just wondering because im in fiancee visa and im in england now, just arrive 5 days ago and ive read in the website about this CFO thing..i never had that...or ive never been interrogated in the passport control at heathrow or never had medical check up at all..i applied for my fiancee visa last march 6, 2007 and was called for an interview april 23 and got my visa the same day..ive never been advised of that cfo thing, so im worried now,of how important is that...Will it gonna cause me a problem in the future??need advice pls...thanks:):):)

hi ya, dont think about cfo your here already so no need to worry about, no need to go back to philippines to get that **** coz i haven't hahaha, i think cfo is non sense.

gWaPito
25th July 2007, 16:30
Hi,vbkelly Thx for those kind words, we agree, after what we read about 'cfo' it is nonsense, if we were'nt to know of the cultrue differences!!!! anyway it's their law. Knowing our luck, when we both go out to Davao for a month next January they will spot she has'nt a 'cfo' sticker & not let her fly back to uk! even though her p/port will be amended with the new 2yr visa & her new surname. We won't take a chance, we will book a cfo seminar before we leave the UK.

vbkelly
26th July 2007, 15:52
Hi,vbkelly Thx for those kind words, we agree, after what we read about 'cfo' it is nonsense, if we were'nt to know of the cultrue differences!!!! anyway it's their law. Knowing our luck, when we both go out to Davao for a month next January they will spot she has'nt a 'cfo' sticker & not let her fly back to uk! even though her p/port will be amended with the new 2yr visa & her new surname. We won't take a chance, we will book a cfo seminar before we leave the UK.

we are not kids anymore i think cfo just only for under 18 hahahha dont worry they dont check it if you going back to PI next year its alright you been here already and have 2years visa there no point to hold you, why me every year went back to PI and they didn't say anything why i dont have a cfo sticker, if they hold you they just want a money from you..: opppsss!!!!