PDA

View Full Version : Blanking

bigtombowski
24th July 2007, 11:11
It seems to me that if you have a problem with a westerner, you'll argue about it and then you'll either get over it or else you'll part - separate ways . .

ummm

with filipinas . . .

if u piss them off in the slightest, they'll smile and be nice until you try to be in contact again . . . .

then they'll blank you . . .

this gets on my nerves!

arrrgh

and im not talking about my girlfriend . . . im talking about supposed "FRIENDS" . . . .

Mrs Daddy
24th July 2007, 11:17
deal with it :Rasp::icon_lol:

andypaul
24th July 2007, 19:38
good old tampo

bigtombowski
24th July 2007, 20:39
deal with it :Rasp::icon_lol:

wotever

KeithD
24th July 2007, 21:22
Just punch them.......if they go to hit you back.....run :Bolt:

silver13
28th July 2007, 10:24
It seems to me that if you have a problem with a westerner, you'll argue about it and then you'll either get over it or else you'll part - separate ways . .

ummm

with filipinas . . .

if u piss them off in the slightest, they'll smile and be nice until you try to be in contact again . . . .

this gets on my nerves!

arrrgh

and im not talking about my girlfriend . . . im talking about supposed "FRIENDS" . . . .

they're not westerner eh:) oh that is one kind of tampo and i agree with mrs. daddy, deal with it:)

Basically, most filipinos are non confrontational, they just smile at you even they got hurt but in time it will be backed to normal.

Anyway there are so many kinds of filipino tampo, pls do extend your patience & understanding, you'll get over this:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Peanutz
28th July 2007, 12:46

ummm

with filipinas . . .

this gets on my nerves!

arrrgh

Oh brother, I have been living for almost 20 years far from my homeland and still I can't get rid of my TAMPO tantrums:D. Hubby would ask, are you crossed?...and me like...no I am not:D...then he will ask me again are you sure you are not cross with me? at the fifth question I will go:furious3::cwm23:

Sometimes I do feel guilty for acting like that...:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

bigtombowski
28th July 2007, 13:12
you are such a filipina ;)

Peanutz
28th July 2007, 14:09
you are such a filipina ;)

That is why you LOVE FILIPINAS:D:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

bigtombowski
28th July 2007, 14:16
hahahaha!

i love My filipina

ooops, see my rant!! hahaha!

Liliput39
28th July 2007, 17:58
hahahaha!

i love My filipina

ooops, see my rant!! hahaha!

Yes indeed, you love your Marivic!!:D

When I get the hump, I am usually quiet because I don't want to be saying hurtful things, but then hubby doesn't like it and will keep pestering me to tell him what is wrong, so when I do - I do go like Peanutz:cwm23::cwm23::furious3::angry:. You can't win:NoNo::NoNo:

singkit
28th July 2007, 20:49
OOooops! Looks like I found a thread for Filipina housewives' Bloggs! Yup! I hope you don't mind if I joined this thread. I also feel the same..you know...the Tampo kind of stuff...:icon_lol: I just kept quiet when I feel hurt. And that makes my hubby annoyed whenever I ignore him and keep saying "Nothing" if he asks me if there's something wrong or what's up with me?:Erm: Yup! we're not confrontational. But sometimes (like Peanutz) i do feel guilty too. Ohh women...:rolleyes:

bigtombowski
29th July 2007, 01:57
ummm. from the times Mar and I disagree, i find i am the one to tampo! hahahaha! lol! ;)

im such an OA (modern) man! lol

tom

KeithD
29th July 2007, 09:07
OA - :Erm: Orang-Atang!!!! :rolleyes:

(Yes I know the correct spelling!!!)

Peanutz
29th July 2007, 11:08
ummm. from the times Mar and I disagree, i find i am the one to tampo! hahahaha! lol! ;)

im such an OA (modern) man! lol

tom

Ang DRAMA mo talaga TOM!!!:icon_lol:

mach
30th July 2007, 02:51
hahaha :D

bigtombowski
30th July 2007, 10:27
Ang DRAMA mo talaga TOM!!!:icon_lol:

ur lucky that's in a foreign language!

ya, im a drama queen -- and a sexy one :D:D:D

silver13
1st August 2007, 20:31
they're not westerner eh:) oh that is one kind of tampo and i agree with mrs. daddy, deal with it:)

Basically, most filipinos are non confrontational, they just smile at you even they got hurt but in time it will be backed to normal.

Anyway there are so many kinds of filipino tampo, pls do extend your patience & understanding, you'll get over this:xxgrinning--00xx3:

My Future Wife Anilyn says I should comment on this one :)

Yep there is no way around this one, if you cause Tampo, you have probably done something wrong, even if she did something wrong that made you cause the tampo with your western confrontational attitude :) I have experienced Tampo in the 6 months together in England that Anilyn spent here prior to going home for her Fiancee Visa, We Have it approved today :)

I even tried Tampo myself and that was doubaly painful :) But really it give you time to think and then the deal with it part comes in you have to appologise or at least just start talking about what she did and why you felt angry or upset, then you have to think what you did and how you reacted and say that too, Your Tampo stricken woman will sit listening but still blanking you till you finish, then if the one sided discussion seems reasonable to her she will start talking again.

Anyway Tampo is only mild irritation, I am really scared though!!!! Imagine if your woman gets past the TAMPO stage and actually starts SHOUTING!!!! SCARY :yikes:

Ingat and basically deal with it, it could be worse you could be being hit by a frying pan or something if she was an English woman :)

JUST :ARsurrender: :Brick: :xxgrinning--00xx3:

gracia143
2nd August 2007, 15:20
I like the "sulking" part...but the part that comes after the tampo is much much better...it does strengthens the relationship I think...But when a Filipina does not do the "tampo" thing anymore, you better start worrying.

Mich
3rd August 2007, 02:56
BLANKING is our way of taking a step back and assessing the situation. Like i said to you Tom, i always do that. BUT always for a good reason. :rolleyes:

bigtombowski
3rd August 2007, 08:34
but everyone here seems to think i'm talking Tampo. No -- im not, I'm talking about a friend who'll be really nice to your face and say "Here's my number, text me anytime" or whatever, who never texts back, who never emails back and who generally ends the friendship by disassociating him/her self from you.

Tampo - i understand . .. i do it myself! :)

KeithD
3rd August 2007, 08:38
I think that's just because it's you Tom, and the person(s) have shot themselves :icon_lol:

bigtombowski
3rd August 2007, 08:44
thanks keith, that was constructive

keef, u give stoopid a bad name!

silver13
3rd August 2007, 20:19
but everyone here seems to think i'm talking Tampo. No -- im not, I'm talking about a friend who'll be really nice to your face and say "Here's my number, text me anytime" or whatever, who never texts back, who never emails back and who generally ends the friendship by disassociating him/her self from you.

Tampo - i understand . .. i do it myself! :)

Don't people in England do that all the time!!!! So probably not un-common in The Philippines too.

You work with someone for 7 years, every day having great conversation, then they go of to pastures new, leaving e-mail addresses and phone numbers, but they never e-mail or phone, the grass is greener on the other side and they forget you as all you was really was someone to pass the time with at work or wherever, even people you have drank with in the pub every week do it, It is just normal I guess as life is too short and no one can soare the time to keep communicating, seems a bit harsh but I guess true!!!!

I met someone in the Phil, one of Annies friends, got on great with him, he wanted to start a bussiness if i wett to the Phil to live :Blacklistliar: never heard from him again or neither did he e-mail, just lost touch with me and Annie.

The world is like that sometimes :butthead: to people like that :)

Paul

allyn
4th August 2007, 06:13
hope you dont mind if i join your conversation....

when me and my husband were together,,,he like me being tampo coz i have this childish gesture whenever i feel bad...sometimes i stamp my feet like a kid...we usually confront each other and fix things...i dont just sit in one corner of the room and pitty my self or say bad things to him....
actually we argue or have lots of misunderstanding,,,,almost everyday....can you imagine:doh,,,because of our differences and insicurity...(i guess thats because we are still young:Rasp:)

when he got back to his country,,,,we settle our arguments by sending each other offline messages if one is not online,,,or my husband call me a hundred times,,,he never stop untill we settle our arguments or i stop crying and make me feel secure....(its quite hard to fix things thru phone)

all our arguments end up with a sweet kiss and hug....or in the phone a word i love you end up our mis understanding....my mom said where crazy.:Rasp:

i think that tampo issue is not categorize as whole community (filipina) its individual character....:Erm::ARsurrender:

well...im just sharing a piece of my experience with tampo issue:CompBuster:

smile:)

KeithD
4th August 2007, 09:32
Is my wife the only one who when in tampo puts chicken feet around me & starts chanting? :omg:

bigtombowski
4th August 2007, 10:05
such a PERFECT match for you keef :D

Mich
5th August 2007, 09:30
:Erm: TOM are you sure you didnt do anything wrong? any reason for the other person to do this "blanking"?

there is always a reason for everything. even TAMPO!

KeithD
5th August 2007, 11:56
Are TAMPO & TAMPON related in anyway :Erm: Does it only occur once a month :omg:

andypaul
5th August 2007, 12:02
Are TAMPO & TAMPON related in anyway :Erm: Does it only occur once a month :omg:

When i first heard the about tampo i thought it was connected too:Erm: But tampo can happen without a moment notice a few times a month if your unlucky:Help1:

bigtombowski
5th August 2007, 12:57
:Erm: TOM are you sure you didnt do anything wrong? any reason for the other person to do this "blanking"?

there is always a reason for everything. even TAMPO!

Yes Mitch, I'm sure :)

Pepe n Pilar
25th August 2007, 15:04

ummm

with filipinas . . .

this gets on my nerves!

arrrgh

Well, well, well..... it depends on the person you are dealing with......:):):)

Pepe n Pilar
26th August 2007, 06:19

Hahahaha, it depends on the age of the woman i guess.....:cwm24::cwm24::cwm24:

LEAHnew
26th August 2007, 06:57

Tampo once a month .........Lady Habit...:rolleyes::D:Help1:

But honestly it helps building a relationship last...:cwm38: (iff. tampo cured):BouncyHappy::BouncyHappy: