PDA

View Full Version : Anne Robinson investigation

walesrob
19th September 2005, 17:55
The cost of the police investigation into "anti-Welsh" remarks on BBC 2's Room 101 by TV presenter Anne Robinson has been revealed..... four senior officers spent 96 hours looking into the 2001 comments, at a cost of about £3,800.

Full story here:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/4260706.stm

Look, I'm Welsh, and I'm sure like many of my countrymen, we found Anne's comments funny, and not at all racist. The 12 people who complained to the BBC about this need a good slapping. And why do the "authorities" even bother wasting time and money investigating crap like this, when theres some seriously bad crimes happening out there.

This is what you get when you vote Labour you know ... :lol: :lol: :lol: :(

Pauldo
20th September 2005, 07:33
Originally posted by walesrob@Sep 19 2005, 05:55 PM
[b]
Look, I'm Welsh, and I'm sure like many of my countrymen, we found Anne's comments funny, and not at all racist. The 12 people who complained to the BBC about this need a good slapping. And why do the "authorities" even bother wasting time and money investigating crap like this, when theres some seriously bad crimes happening out there.

This is what you get when you vote Labour you know ... :lol: :lol: :lol: :(

Quoted post

Peter Rogers, a former Conservative Welsh assembly member and now an independent councillor for Anglesey, had criticised the inquiry at the time. He has now said it was "political correctness gone mad". Too bloody true.

Petty arsed little people trying for their &#39;moment of glory&#39;, as there is nothing else in their lives that makes them in the slightest bit noteworthy or interesting. This is the way the UK is going, following close on the footsteps of the Americans :angry: <_< :huh: .

Admin
20th September 2005, 09:30
I live in Wales......lovely people.....considering they are all inbred sheep humpers....how else is out village full of Jones & Evans :D

......hang on....who&#39;s that in a uniform outside my door with a blue flashing light behind him&#33;&#33; :o

I hate Ann Robinson, spoilt selfish woman.