PDA

View Full Version : Stonehenge

melovesengland
22nd July 2012, 20:29
Just want to share this lovely photo of Stonehenge. :) I took this photo last year when we had a little holiday in Wiltshire. :D Love it much! :) :xxgrinning--00xx3:

lastlid
22nd July 2012, 20:31
Yes. I hope to take my wife there when we get a chance. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

melovesengland
22nd July 2012, 20:40
Yes. I hope to take my wife there when we get a chance. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

It was nice when we went last year cos it didnt rain. I hope she will like it there. :)

lastlid
22nd July 2012, 20:54
It was nice when we went last year cos it didnt rain. I hope she will like it there. :)

I think she will. Great photo oppurtunity for her. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

What did you make of its origin and purpose?

Dedworth
22nd July 2012, 21:30
I think she will. Great photo oppurtunity for her. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

What did you make of its origin and purpose?

I had to divert about 50 miles the other year for the photo opportunity

lastlid
22nd July 2012, 21:31
I had to divert about 50 miles the other year for the photo opportunity

:xxgrinning--00xx3:

gWaPito
22nd July 2012, 21:57
I took my wife to walk around the stones New Year's day 2010.

It was my first visit as well, considering ive lived in Wiltshire for most of my 52 years I found it amazing.

We took in Avebury stone circles as well. In hindsight, we should of done Salisbury Cathedral but hey, we'll do that another time..perhaps en route to the seaside at Bournemouth.

I know the Stonehenge pics gave Jane plenty of oohs on her facebook.

melovesengland
23rd July 2012, 09:58
I took my wife to walk around the stones New Year's day 2010.

It was my first visit as well, considering ive lived in Wiltshire for most of my 52 years I found it amazing.

We took in Avebury stone circles as well. In hindsight, we should of done Salisbury Cathedral but hey, we'll do that another time..perhaps en route to the seaside at Bournemouth.

I know the Stonehenge pics gave Jane plenty of oohs on her facebook.

That is the route we did when we went to Wiltshire. After Stonehenge, we went to woodhenge then Avebury. The next day, we went to Salisbury Cathedral and head to Bournemouth we then drive back to Amesbury for a chinese meal. T'was lovely and memorable. :)

Steve.r
23rd July 2012, 12:21
It's not really too far from me, it is a shame you cannot go right up to the stones these days, I remember running around them as a kid. It's a kind of magical place to visit. :)

lastlid
23rd July 2012, 12:54
The last time I went was about 30 years ago. We were able to get full access and even sat on the stones, eating a butty.

sars_notd_virus
23rd July 2012, 14:45
Lovely!! Its an hour away from us, ..Ive been there a couple of times, shame we have to pay to see it a little closer :rolleyes:

MissAna
23rd July 2012, 17:42
me and my husband went to Stonehenge last month june 18th, the place is beautiful! :xxgrinning--00xx3: and its awsome to kn0w that these stones exists 3000 BC!!! :cwm24: while i was standing there looking at the stones, i can really felt that there's something special in the place.

the admission price is quite expensive, adult is £7.80, child £4.70, family £20.30

melovesengland
24th July 2012, 09:56
me and my husband went to Stonehenge last month june 18th, the place is beautiful! :xxgrinning--00xx3: and its awsome to kn0w that these stones exists 3000 BC!!! :cwm24: while i was standing there looking at the stones, i can really felt that there's something special in the place.

the admission price is quite expensive, adult is £7.80, child £4.70, family £20.30

When we visit last year it was £7.50 so it means they gone 30p up. Anyway, worth a visit innit?

6701 Another one, Guys! :)