PDA

View Full Version : My kids coming soon from Philippines

raindear26
19th July 2012, 20:06
Hi everyone just want to get some tips as I'm going to pick my children up in the Philippines soon.. maybe end of September or early October. I know it will be late for school.. but still need to work on my budget, my husband and I are only living in a studio flat and I will just start my new job in August. I asked school admissions office they said the chidren need to be here first to arrange school for them, another option is home schooling. I'm really excited, they've been away from me for 6 years already. I would like to seek advice from those parents here. They ages are 14 and 9 turning 10 on November. I have no clue on which school preferrably Catholic, but for sure I'm in no position to choose as it's too late already. Please share your experiences so I can learn from you guys. Thanks in advance.

sars_notd_virus
19th July 2012, 21:11
Go to the council and they will point you in the right direction, you will
get an application form its fairly straight forward, our child joined the
school only doing the last two weeks in year three, we went to our first
choice of school with her documents and school reports from her school in the Philippines
and they we eager to start her straight away, I think that having
a letter from her Principal/Head teacher in the Phillipines and an excellent report secured
her position in the school, she adapted very well and loves it in her new school.

grahamw48
19th July 2012, 21:20
Just get them here first and worry about the schools later.

It won't be a problem.

My 2 stepchildren (at the time aged 7 and 9 years) came over at that time of the year too and settled in really well. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

raindear26
19th July 2012, 21:29
thank you very much for the infos.. i didn't even think about asking for a recommendation letter from school.. very helpful.

grahamw48
19th July 2012, 21:33
Go to the council and they will point you in the right direction, you will
get an application form its fairly straight forward, our child joined the
school only doing the last two weeks in year three, we went to our first
choice of school with her documents and school reports from her school in the Philippines
and they we eager to start her straight away, I think that having
a letter from her Principal/Head teacher in the Phillipines and an excellent report secured
her position in the school, she adapted very well and loves it in her new school.

Yes I agree, bring reports and records from their school/s in the Phils. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Moy
19th July 2012, 21:39
my eldest was 6 years old when she first come here in the UK..she never went to sch while in philippines..automatically they have accepted here as year 2 and doin well ;):Jump:

joebloggs
20th July 2012, 10:51
I'm really excited, they've been away from me for 6 years already.

have you already got their settlement visa's ?

they shouldn't have any problems fitting in schools, kids find it easy to adapt:xxgrinning--00xx3: