PDA

View Full Version : European Travel with Philippine Passport

CyRob
18th July 2012, 22:21
Has any Filipina travelled to europe on holiday with a Philippine passport? If so, did you need any special paperworks or visas? :)

Many thanks

Ako Si Jamie
18th July 2012, 22:26
I think the easiest countries to go to near here on a Filipino passport are Morocco and Greece but don't quote me on that.

Dedworth
18th July 2012, 22:35
Before she got her UK Citizenship/Passport my Mrs went to 3 or 4 EU states but of course it necessitated getting a Schengen visa

purple
18th July 2012, 22:40
I think the easiest countries to go to near here on a Filipino passport are Morocco and Greece but don't quote me on that.

In Greece, you'd need schengen visa still. Unless they are no longer part of EU.
But Morocco.. you can go in with no issues.. but of course it's in North Africa. I would recommend Marrakesh is very interesting.

Terpe
19th July 2012, 09:34
Has any Filipina travelled to europe on holiday with a Philippine passport? If so, did you need any special paperworks or visas? :)

Many thanks

Hi CyRob,

Here is a very good resource for visa information. (http://www.visahq.com/visas.php) and it can be used for citizens of all countries. Just input to the drop-down menu at the right hand side, or alternatively select a country from the main page then enter the citizenship and residence details on the drop-down menu for some good detailed information.

Here's another good resource (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Visa_requirements_for_Filipino_citizens) that shows all the countries that Philippine citizens can visit without visa

Travel to Europe on a Philippine passport will require a Visa. Usually a Schenghen Visa.
You need to apply for one at the Embassy of the country you intend to visit.

Quite a few postings here about Schenghen Visa. A quick search will find them

Bluebirdjones
25th July 2012, 16:03
If she has FLR or ILR, then she can apply for (and will be granted) a Schengen Visa, which will allow travel in the Schengen-visa area of Europe.

Morocco is "do-able" without a visa .... we did it just last week