PDA

View Full Version : Dentist please!

melovesengland
17th July 2012, 09:33
Hiya everybody!

I just want to ask if there is anybody here in the forum who is a dentist or who knows a filipino dentist round the east midlands? I live in Lincoln. One of my dental brace bracket fall off last night and I need it to be glued back, I just want to know how much will it cost me for gluing the bracket, changing and cutting the wire as I am not registered in NHS yet.

Any clue guys? Advice? Thanks in advance! :Wave::Wave:

Moy
17th July 2012, 10:39
try this links http://www.thisisdentistry.co.uk/dental-treatments/nhs-dentistry/

joebloggs
17th July 2012, 11:00
i doubt there are many Filipino dentists in the Uk, as there have been less than 100 Filipinos registered with the GMC. :NoNo:

Peter D
17th July 2012, 11:23
Hiya everybody!

I just want to ask if there is anybody here in the forum who is a dentist or who knows a filipino dentist round the east midlands? I live in Lincoln. One of my dental brace bracket fall off last night and I need it to be glued back, I just want to know how much will it cost me for gluing the bracket, changing and cutting the wire as I am not registered in NHS yet.

Any clue guys? Advice? Thanks in advance! :Wave::Wave:

The dentist will not give you a quote before they have done an inspection and they will probably charge for that , my guess is probably about £100 . I find dental treatment so expensive in the UK that I am planning to have implants done in the Philippines , have had quotes from a number of UK dentists and it seems that treatment in Manila is approximately 85% lower than UK cost for all types of dental work unless you are lucky enough to be able to get NHS treatment .

melovesengland
17th July 2012, 12:45
The dentist will not give you a quote before they have done an inspection and they will probably charge for that , my guess is probably about £100 . I find dental treatment so expensive in the UK that I am planning to have implants done in the Philippines , have had quotes from a number of UK dentists and it seems that treatment in Manila is approximately 85% lower than UK cost for all types of dental work unless you are lucky enough to be able to get NHS treatment .

Yeah, my fiance told me how expensive the dental services here in UK. In my private dentist in Davao, it will only cost a tenner to clean the teeth while here can cost you 5x or more of that price. It isnt a major thing to do really just to glue it and change wires but you are right they cant quote unless they have seen it. Thanks for the reply. :)

melovesengland
17th July 2012, 12:45
try this links http://www.thisisdentistry.co.uk/dental-treatments/nhs-dentistry/

salamt ani moy.

Dedworth
17th July 2012, 13:13
I gave up with NHS dentistry years ago after my dentist suggested Denplan, it's worked OK for me as I get a good degree of cover but pay for it on the drip month by month. I've had root canal stuff done and see the Hygienist every 12 weeks. They used to be owned by Axa but they sold it last year to Simply Health - I'm also in their SimplyCash healthcare scheme formerly HSA

https://www.simplyhealth.co.uk/sh/pages/homepage.jsp?source=ppc&cid=9703

What galls me is an illegal (possibly diseased) hopping off the back of a lorry is given all the healthcare the NHS can throw at him

Iani
18th July 2012, 09:20
Dentistry is a tricky thing in this country, NHS dentistry almost seems to be a thing of the past.

I think local health authorities have a clinic you can register with, and they will help you find someone who will treat on the NHS. Otherwise, well, if anyone is going to SE Asia for holidays, or eastern Europe, it will be cheaper and once you know where you're going, you can find somewhere recommended. Don't go to just any place, just like over here, there are cowboys.

Crazy that it's cheaper abroad :NoNo: