PDA

View Full Version : Filipina Wedding in the UK - Who walked you down the Aisle?

lastlid
15th July 2012, 23:40
This never struck me before, but of course, normally speaking it would be difficult for the bride's father to walk is Filipina daughter down the aisle at a UK wedding? So who walked you down the aisle?

Another thing that cropped up at my wife's friends wedding was that the wedding rings ended up on the left hand whereas our wedding rings ended up on our right hands, presumably as per the tradition in the Philippines....

raynaputi
16th July 2012, 12:07
Keith's mum walked me down the aisle :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Wedding rings are usually worn in the left ring finger, according to some medical explanations, there is a vein that goes from the left ring finger straight to the heart, hence wearing it on the left. Although some wear it in their right, but as far as I know, it's not a tradition in the Philippines to put it in right ring finger because most, if not all, married people I know wear the ring on their left..probably some just prefer on either side.

aug06_2006
16th July 2012, 12:54
Talking about wed.ring.first time I met my hubby I noticed he wore a ring on his right hand and :omg:I though he was married b4...In Phil.wed ring should be wear on right hand and it should be on left hand here in UK.

ReemaOwens
16th July 2012, 15:45
My Mama and Papa walked me down the aisle :)

lastlid
16th July 2012, 23:01
Keith's mum walked me down the aisle :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Wedding rings are usually worn in the left ring finger, according to some medical explanations, there is a vein that goes from the left ring finger straight to the heart, hence wearing it on the left. Although some wear it in their right, but as far as I know, it's not a tradition in the Philippines to put it in right ring finger because most, if not all, married people I know wear the ring on their left..probably some just prefer on either side.

I see. Yes, I walked my wife's friend down the aisle. I had no idea it was going to happen. A pleasant surprise really. I was old enough to be her dad but don really look much like her. :icon_lol:

On the wedding ring thing. Even now, I really have no idea. I just did as the Reverend instructed me and so did my wife. The Reverend was a rather daunting woman that would no doubt have been difficult to argue with. :icon_lol:

lastlid
16th July 2012, 23:02
Talking about wed.ring.first time I met my hubby I noticed he wore a ring on his right hand and :omg:I though he was married b4...In Phil.wed ring should be wear on right hand and it should be on left hand here in UK.

Maybe it depends a bit on the province or something?

lastlid
16th July 2012, 23:03
My Mama and Papa walked me down the aisle :) Was that in the Philippines, Reema?

jlags90
29th July 2012, 16:43
I will be walking down the aisle with the friend of my soon to be mum-in-law.

She actually invited 5 of her male friends for a lunch on Lytham's Club Day and we had this secret plan that whoever I feel comfortable with will be handing me over to David... It was actually tough because they're all great.. But I can't walk with all, unless some of them would agree to be bride's maids... lol

aprilmaejon
31st July 2012, 20:47
Wedding rings are usually worn in the left ring finger, according to some medical explanations, there is a vein that goes from the left ring finger straight to the heart, hence wearing it on the left.

:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Dedworth
1st August 2012, 01:32
Wife's Bro if a Reg Office counts as having an aisle

ReemaOwens
2nd August 2012, 08:55
Was that in the Philippines, Reema?

Yes Lastlid :)