PDA

View Full Version : Yorkshire and Humberside.

lastlid
15th July 2012, 23:14
Myself and the wife treked across the breadth of England over the last few days for a break and to attend a friend's wedding. Started off in Liverpool and ended up in Licolnshire, close to the Humber bridge. The wedding took place in Lincolnshire - Filipina bride. So she will now apply for FLR. Ended up walking her down the aisle...wow.

Either side of that we visited York and Hebden Bridge with a spot of shopping in the Trafford Centre, Manchester. Clocked the signposts for Bradford and Leeds on the way. For anyone who hasnt been, but lives in the area, Hebden Bridge is a nice day out in good weather. Looked like they had suffered from some flooding though - the sandbags were still out. :omg:

Iani
16th July 2012, 07:11
Yes it was a bit crazy here with the flooding, although I don't live in Hebden, I am on top of a hill in a nearby town.

Hebden Bridge is "weird" in the American sense of the word. A lot of "alternatives" moved there when the 60's ended.

lastlid
16th July 2012, 07:24
Yes it was a bit crazy here with the flooding, although I don't live in Hebden, I am on top of a hill in a nearby town.

Hebden Bridge is "weird" in the American sense of the word. A lot of "alternatives" moved there when the 60's ended.

I think I know what you mean. My ex wife's brother was like that and moved to Todmorden, years ago.

There was loads of good photo opportunities for my wife's facebook account LOL. And it introduced her to the canal system and barges and locks and a quaint little Yorkshire town, which she enjoyed.

grahamw48
16th July 2012, 10:58
I remember quite soon after she'd arrived in the UK, taking my ex to Bronte country (Haworth area) and for a ride on the Worth Valley steam railway...the one used in The Railway Children movie. She really enjoyed it. :)

lastlid
16th July 2012, 23:06
We stopped off at Hebden Bridge on our journey between Humberside and Manchester. If we had more time then we would have taken a look at Haworth.....