PDA

View Full Version : extraction:(

Moy
15th July 2012, 17:23
i am goin to dentist tomorrow and just to think it right now ewwwww:yikes::doh:cwm24: it horrifies me:bigcry: in other word i got a big phobia since:NoNo: the last time i went to a dentist was about 10 years ago for my dental crown and now extraction of my wisdom tooth should i cancel..:cwm24::D:cwm3: silly but seriously it panic me thinkin:cwm3:
so any nice encouragement though here about goin to dentist;)
its extraction and filling i dunno if they do it in the same time or i would prefer filling only..as the said tooth is not causing me any probs:)

joebloggs
15th July 2012, 17:51
dont' worry Ros, you'll not feel a thing :action-smiley-060::xxangry-smiley-038::xxgrinning--00xx3:

imagine
15th July 2012, 17:56
its very likely that your wisdom tooth will need removing, and only one filling after ten years not going to a dentist, wow thats good, you will be ok moy, your gums will be anestetic you wont feel pain, though later when it wears off you may feel some discomfort, after dentist take an easy lazy day , spoil yourself:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Terpe
15th July 2012, 19:12
I do sympathise Moy. Me too I hate dentist.
Last time I had really bad tooth problem I worked on it for about a week and finally got it out myself. That's how bad is my phobia, ever since I was 9 years old and had a bad experience.
It was gas in those days with a horrible smelly rubber mask :yikes::yikes::yikes:

Everybody tells me that these days it's much different no pain at all.

I'm thinking of making an appointment to have a couple of wisdom teeth put in :D

Seriously my dear, I wish you good luck and bon voyage

Moy
15th July 2012, 19:18
dont' worry Ros, you'll not feel a thing :action-smiley-060::xxangry-smiley-038::xxgrinning--00xx3:

the memories still fresh joe..terrible:bigcry::doh i feel the rubbing twisting and just thinking right now..i would cancel it:cwm24::Help1:

Moy
15th July 2012, 19:19
its very likely that your wisdom tooth will need removing, and only one filling after ten years not going to a dentist, wow thats good, you will be ok moy, your gums will be anestetic you wont feel pain, though later when it wears off you may feel some discomfort, after dentist take an easy lazy day , spoil yourself:xxgrinning--00xx3:

i know you wont feel anything pain, imagine:) aside from phobia since i was a child..i just dont like the feeling of being digg in there horrifying sounds:NoNo:;)

Moy
15th July 2012, 19:21
I do sympathise Moy. Me too I hate dentist.
Last time I had really bad tooth problem I worked on it for about a week and finally got it out myself. That's how bad is my phobia, ever since I was 9 years old and had a bad experience.
It was gas in those days with a horrible smelly rubber mask :yikes::yikes::yikes:

Everybody tells me that these days it's much different no pain at all.

I'm thinking of making an appointment to have a couple of wisdom teeth put in :D

Seriously my dear, I wish you good luck and bon voyage

i dunno Terpe i think i would cancel it or just tell the dentist to bugger off:action-smiley-081::yikes: but i might just tell them i prefer filling as im not comfortable with extraction .you think they'll listen:):cwm3:;)

imagine
15th July 2012, 19:51
i know moy, i dont think anyone looks forward to the dentist,
your fobia, is there someone can go with you, hold your hand so to speak,
your teeth are important to the health of your gums, and if you risk your gums you risk your overhall health, try look at the bigger picture and say cheese when you bite the dentists finger :icon_lol::icon_lol:

Terpe
15th July 2012, 19:58
Gimme a call Moy, I'll come and hold your hand :D

Moy
15th July 2012, 19:58
i know moy, i dont think anyone looks forward to the dentist,
your fobia, is there someone can go with you, hold your hand so to speak,
your teeth are important to the health of your gums, and if you risk your gums you risk your overhall health, try look at the bigger picture and say cheese when you bite the dentists finger :icon_lol::icon_lol:

nah ill be alone there tomorrow at 8:45 am very:cwm24: early..i think i cant slept tonight:cwm3::bigcry:

imagine
15th July 2012, 20:00
there you go moy Terpe offered :D:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Moy
15th July 2012, 20:02
Gimme a call Moy, I'll come and hold your hand :D

will meet at tesco 7 am sharp Terpe:cwm24:;):D ok..:Jump:

Moy
15th July 2012, 20:03
there you go moy Terpe offered :D:xxgrinning--00xx3:

;)

Terpe
15th July 2012, 20:04
will meet at tesco 7 am sharp Terpe:cwm24:;):D ok..:Jump:

7am :yikes::yikes:
There's no such time :NoNo:

imagine
15th July 2012, 20:05
backing out now Terpe :icon_lol::icon_lol:

Moy
15th July 2012, 20:11
7am :yikes::yikes:
There's no such time :NoNo:

yes exactly 7:30 i should be on the dentist surgery room;):cwm3:

Terpe
15th July 2012, 20:19
yes exactly 7:30 i should be on the dentist surgery room;):cwm3:

Just close your eyes and think of England :D
I'll be with you in spirit

Terpe
15th July 2012, 20:23
Just for you Moy...........Enjoy :D

It's only a couple of minutes but it's oh so true

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=bOtMizMQ6oM

Moy
15th July 2012, 21:05
ust for you Moy...........Enjoy

It's only a couple of minutes but it's oh so true

:laugher::D

Doc Alan
15th July 2012, 21:48
You’re not alone Moy :). Dental phobias – irrational fears leading to the sufferer avoiding going to the dentist – are common. They can lead to serious dental health issues. There may be several reasons – fear of pain, the drill, anaesthesia or choking, added to which now there is often a fear of how much the treatment will cost.
It really is vital to remember that dentists are aware of phobias – they are highly trained and if they enjoyed inflicting pain they would be struck off the UK General Dental Register. Dentistry has also changed and is still evolving – conservation is the key to modern dentistry.
You should communicate your concerns to the dentist, and they in turn should fully explain their planned treatment. As with modern medicine, everything they do for you is evidence-based, meaning there is good reason for doing it. If you don’t understand and are not happy, there are set procedures to complain, and/or change dentists.
Modern dentistry involves better, more effective, local anaesthesia and drills. Equipment for all procedures is constantly improving. Please be re-assured – while no normal patient enjoys a visit to the dentist, avoiding going only leads to future problems. The worst scenario is to be forced to attend Casualty at your nearest hospital for emergency dental treatment.

Moy
15th July 2012, 21:54
thanks for the encouraging word Doc Alan:)
i will rem that;)
it just that im trying to overcome the said phobia but it seems i felt anxious even more:cwm3:
if they schedule you for extraction can you suggest instead to do a filling first before extraction:D:Jump:

London_Manila
15th July 2012, 22:01
i am goin to dentist tomorrow and just to think it right now ewwwww:yikes::doh:cwm24: it horrifies me:bigcry: in other word i got a big phobia since:NoNo: the last time i went to a dentist was about 10 years ago for my dental crown and now extraction of my wisdom tooth should i cancel..:cwm24::D:cwm3: silly but seriously it panic me thinkin:cwm3:
so any nice encouragement though here about goin to dentist;)
its extraction and filling i dunno if they do it in the same time or i would prefer filling only..as the said tooth is not causing me any probs:)

I had 2 wisdom teeth removed around 3 years ago
removal is not painful at all and i hardly felt anything
Then 2 days later the pain started and it never stopped for a week

it needs to come out diba :)

Ako Si Jamie
15th July 2012, 22:32
Try having your gnashers yanked out when the anaesthetic doesn't kick in, like some clown did to me. :omg:

Rory
15th July 2012, 22:36
The thought of it is a lot worse that the actual thing. Once you had the injection it will be ok. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Moy
16th July 2012, 12:40
Try having your gnashers yanked out when the anaesthetic doesn't kick in, like some clown did to me. :omg:

i know..the filling done on my tooth but until now it still aching:angry::doh:cwm3:

joebloggs
16th July 2012, 13:21
ask them to rub some anesthetic gel Ros, last time i went they rubbed some on the gum where they were going to insert the needle (near the front tooth :yikes:) and i hardly felt a thing :rolleyes:

Moy
16th July 2012, 14:42
ask them to rub some anesthetic gel Ros, last time i went they rubbed some on the gum where they were going to insert the needle (near the front tooth :yikes:) and i hardly felt a thing :rolleyes:

ill try next time joe..;) i really hate the drilling :doh:bigcry:stuff but hey need to be done;)
and about my front tooth with crown on it:rolleyes: think dental bridge is ideal instead..:Wave: anyone here is having same stuff:Jump: or you joe;)

grahamw48
16th July 2012, 15:00
I think having mine taken out gives my face more personality. :)

Peter D
17th July 2012, 11:37
I recently lost a crown that had been in place for 20 years , dentist told me the only solution is now an implant which cannot be done on NHS so that would cost £2000 , and I need three so for me its out of the question . Had two wisdom teeth out at the age of 35 , I was reassured by the dentist that I would be fully anethetised and they were true to there word , I did not feel a thing . My fear of dentists dates from childhood when invariably they did not give quite enough nitrous oxide , just enough that I could still feel the pain and see and hear what they were doing but unable to speak or move to tell them to stop , thankfully they dont seem to make this kind of mistake as often these days .

Steve.r
17th July 2012, 12:23
I have only ever had 2 fillings.

I had a spell when I never went to the dentist for over 10 years and when i did finally go, I was in and out in a jiffy, all ok. But, those 2 filling I did have were done when I was at primary school at age 10. It was the dreaded council digger dentist, who gave me no anesthetic and even with my trying to scream that he was hurting me carried on regardless.
I went for a checkup last year with a new 'young' dentist who decided to be over exuberant with the sharp pointy hook thing. He made my mouth bleed for a week with all his prodding, so I complained. The next time I went I reminded him of his antics from the previous year and he was very careful.

Anyway, I guess the moral of the story is to practice good oral health tactics. I know some problems just come during your mouth's lifetime, but minimising what you put in there helps.
:)

grahamw48
17th July 2012, 12:39
I recently lost a crown that had been in place for 20 years , dentist told me the only solution is now an implant which cannot be done on NHS so that would cost £2000 , and I need three so for me its out of the question . Had two wisdom teeth out at the age of 35 , I was reassured by the dentist that I would be fully anethetised and they were true to there word , I did not feel a thing . My fear of dentists dates from childhood when invariably they did not give quite enough nitrous oxide , just enough that I could still feel the pain and see and hear what they were doing but unable to speak or move to tell them to stop , thankfully they dont seem to make this kind of mistake as often these days .

Of course if you'd been totally irresponsible and made an absolute gluttonous pig of yourself , free hugely costly NHS treatment for all the self-inflicted ailments...no problem. :rolleyes:

joebloggs
17th July 2012, 13:15
I have only ever had 2 fillings.

:yikes: i think i've probably got 2 teeth without fillings :doh

as you say good oral health is important, but just as important is your diet ! cola was my downfall :cwm3::bigcry:

grahamw48
17th July 2012, 13:40
My post crown fell out about 5 years ago....just a gap now, which I think will be rather expensive to fill. :cwm3: