PDA

View Full Version : Just booked, paid and confirmed for £522.29

Rory
10th July 2012, 21:18
I know i will get a few on here knocking this airline "Kuwait Airline", but i was just have a look through the prices of the airlines and i found it to cheap to resist. I booked for the 18th Oct and return 28th, just 10 days but i was not planning to go. Just so happens that it is my birthday on the 21th Oct so i thought i would spend it with my wife. I will let her know when she wakes up.

Heathrow - Manila with 20kg of Baggage, pity my wife is 40kg :rolleyes:
I have read that the entertainment is basic and the food is not great but for this price and will make some club sandwiches before i leave and i have many films to watch on my laptop.
The connection times are not that bad either. I think bargain. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Ako Si Jamie
10th July 2012, 21:29
To be honest I don't think you'll find anything substantially cheaper than £522 these days.

Who did you book with?

stevewool
10th July 2012, 21:32
the most important thing is, you think its a bargin, then everyones happen:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Rory
10th July 2012, 21:34
To be honest I don't think you'll find anything substantially cheaper than £522 these days.

Who did you book with?

http://www.kuwait-airways.com/

grahamw48
10th July 2012, 21:34
Sounds good to me. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Rory
10th July 2012, 21:47
Will be a good time to take all the documents we need for the visa over there and we can fill out the online visa form together and send it off. Will be less stress for my wife. :)

Yes, bargain indeed i think. :)

grahamw48
10th July 2012, 22:42
Very good idea filling the form out together. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Maybe you can have a picture taken of you doing it....to further confirm that you have actually met. :icon_lol: :ReadIt:

lastlid
10th July 2012, 22:45

Maybe you can have a picture taken of you doing it....to further confirm that you have actually met. :icon_lol: :ReadIt:
:icon_lol::xxgrinning--00xx3:

grahamw48
10th July 2012, 23:11
Oy....filling the form out I meant. :ReadIt:...NOT :do_it:

lastlid
11th July 2012, 06:41
I flew Kuwait airlines a lot when I worked in Kuwait. I don't remember them being particularly bad. And at that price, well worth it.

RickyR
11th July 2012, 07:23
I think I posted in another forum, I flew Kuwait Airways in Economy once last year. Actually booked a return trip, but only took the outward bound. Flight routes London-Kuwait then Kuwait-Bangkok-Manila. You remain onboard in Bangkok whilst they do a little cleaning.
I reiterate that the food is beyond terrible and very small portions, so yes definately bring a few sandwiches, otherwise buy sandwiches at the Boots or WHSmith in Heathrow Airport.

When you transfer in Kuwait you can get a visa and go and have a wander outside where there is a better selection of restaurants and shops landside. It costs 6 pounds for the visa (3 Kuwait Dinars), you buy the visa at the desk just after you walk off the jetway, and then go down some stairs to pass through immigration. Takes 5 minutes to clear immigration, and 5 minutes to clear back through to airside.

The airline is one of a few Middle Eastern airlines that doesn't serve any alcohol onboard, but this is no bad thing when flying.

Overall it gets you from A to B. If you have your own entertainment and food, you can blank out the crowd and just enjoy the flight.

Terpe
11th July 2012, 07:42
That's a great price these days.
The important thing is that you're satisfied.

On a personal level, price for me is not the 'dealbreaker'.

Neu75
11th July 2012, 07:43
I tried for 2013 and saw £697 which is not good for Kuwait Airlines :NoNo:

Ako Si Jamie
11th July 2012, 21:12
I tried for 2013 and saw £697 which is not good for Kuwait Airlines :NoNo:Are you getting quotes for Heathrow to Manila Neu or other airports?

Dedworth
11th July 2012, 21:36
Quatar Manc to Manila 01 Jan 2013 - 13 Mar 2013 £654 http://www.pic-uk.com/en/component/option,com_flights/task,showFlights/airline,QR/id,164/Itemid,37/

grahamw48
11th July 2012, 22:18

Maybe if I set off walking now. :Erm:

Nope...still have the 2 grands worth of bike and equipment I bought LAST time I started daydreaming. :rolleyes:

songz777
11th July 2012, 22:28
I know i will get a few on here knocking this airline "Kuwait Airline", but i was just have a look through the prices of the airlines and i found it to cheap to resist. I booked for the 18th Oct and return 28th, just 10 days but i was not planning to go. Just so happens that it is my birthday on the 21th Oct so i thought i would spend it with my wife. I will let her know when she wakes up.

Heathrow - Manila with 20kg of Baggage, pity my wife is 40kg :rolleyes:
I have read that the entertainment is basic and the food is not great but for this price and will make some club sandwiches before i leave and i have many films to watch on my laptop.
The connection times are not that bad either. I think bargain. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Oh cool I am flying on 17th october my birthday 22nd! we shall celebrate my 50th Birthday and our 1st whole year of our relationship .. I cant wait! 11.5 days with her! All the best for you Rory I will be in CDO Monday 19th :)

Arthur Little
12th July 2012, 01:34
otherwise buy sandwiches at the Boots or WHSmith in Heathrow Airport.

:reaction: ... that'll cost more than the flight itself!

Arthur Little
12th July 2012, 01:42
:reaction: ... that'll cost more than the flight itself!

:anerikke: ... jus' Kuwait and see!

Arthur Little
12th July 2012, 01:44
Seriously, Rory ... seems you've snapped up a jolly good bargain! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Rory
12th July 2012, 20:17
The prices i have seen on Cebu Pacific and Philippine Airline to get from Manila to anywhere else in Philippines are very reasonable and are far better than paying a few hundred pounds more to fly from London or Manchester to cebu.

I can get a flight from Manila to Cebu on friday 19th October just over an hour after i land at 5.50pm or even 6.30pm for 688 peso, just over £10!!!!! That is with Cebu Pacific.

Dedworth
12th July 2012, 20:20
The prices i have seen on Cebu Pacific and Philippine Airline to get from Manila to anywhere else in Philippines are very reasonable and are far better than paying a few hundred pounds more to fly from London or Manchester to cebu.

I can get a flight from Manila to Cebu on friday 19th October just over an hour after i land at 5.50pm or even 6.30pm for 688 peso, just over £10!!!!! That is with Cebu Pacific.

Rory - remember in addition to your tenner there's the baggage charges for every kg above their 7kg allowance and an hour isn't enough time between an international arrival and a domestic departure

Rory
12th July 2012, 20:35
You are splitting hairs with the time gap, i did also quote a second time just short of 2 hours for the same price ;)
250 peso more for 20kg or 400peso more for 25kg for the baggage when you book the flight.

Still cheap as chips. :)

Dedworth
12th July 2012, 20:47
You are splitting hairs with the time gap, i did also quote a second time just short of 2 hours for the same price ;)
250 peso more for 20kg or 400peso more for 25kg for the baggage when you book the flight.

Still cheap as chips. :)

That is a cracking deal on the pre pay baggage I didn't realise it would be that cheap. I'd still be wary of the timings though - we went once on Cathay, 1.5 hour delay at LHR, that caused missed connection at HK arrived Manila 7 hours late

Rory
12th July 2012, 21:23
That is a cracking deal on the pre pay baggage I didn't realise it would be that cheap. I'd still be wary of the timings though - we went once on Cathay, 1.5 hour delay at LHR, that caused missed connection at HK arrived Manila 7 hours late

That sounds very familiar. Last time i flew with Cathay Pacific i was delayed at Heathrow, miss my connection at Honk Hong and got to Cebu a day late.

Think i will take the advice and have a 3 hour connection at Manila - Cebu. ;)

Ako Si Jamie
12th July 2012, 21:24
We went with Tiger Airways from Clark to Kalibo and met a guy who got a single ticket on the same plane for £12 and he just had a large rucksack.

The total cost for our return flight for both me and my mahal with a 20kg allowance each was £78.

So for a single fare it would have cost £19.50 which is £7.50 more than the £12 he paid due to the extra baggage.

It may not be a large amount but if you want to keep travel costs down it's best to just take the minimum.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Ako Si Jamie
12th July 2012, 21:34
I'd still be wary of the timings though - we went once on Cathay, 1.5 hour delay at LHR, that caused missed connection at HK arrived Manila 7 hours lateTell me about it. :furious3:

The plane with Cathay was late in at Heathrow and I missed the coach back to Birmingham by 5 minutes. Had to wait over three hours for another one.

gWaPito
12th July 2012, 21:36

My wife and I got matching tattoos on our feet, expressing our love for one another...the pic must of helped :xxgrinning--00xx3: