PDA

View Full Version : Kuwait Airways £540 LHR-MNL (July,Aug,Sept)

Ako Si Jamie
9th July 2012, 20:17
Travel House

http://www.travelhouseuk.co.uk/fare-search/reservation.php?de=2012-07-16&rt=2012-07-23&i=302677&a=1&c=0&k=0#starthere

bigmarco
9th July 2012, 21:40
Thanks for the tip but I think it's a gimmick. Tried to phone the number on the website but got put through to an answerphone for Tony. Would love to get one at that price at the moment but I fear not

Ako Si Jamie
9th July 2012, 22:50
Did you phone before 10pm because that's when they close?

If you did, might be worth giving them another ring tomorrow. Maybe they clocked off early. :rolleyes:

RickyR
10th July 2012, 07:47
I flew Kuwait Airways last year, and one thing to be aware of is that its very basic. The food is terrible and the in-flight entertainment system is poor. If you take some sandwiches and an ipad/laptop computer with some movies you'll be fine.
Kuwait Airport is quite small, and the selection of restaurants airside is limited, however if your a UK passport holder, just go through immigration and there are quite a lot restaurants and shops on the other side. Thats even worth doing if you only have 2 or 3 hours transfer.

lordna
10th July 2012, 12:43
I flew Kuwait once....and NEVER again. Connections were terrible as was the food , facilities etc. On my return flight they managed to sell my seat twice. After a lot of complaining I did manage to get a seat. Be warned Kuwait are Rubbish!

RickyR
10th July 2012, 13:47
Ah the joys of "Overbooking", you see in the USA or with the better European Airlines its great when overbooking occurs because you can get a a nice wad of compensation. I've volunteered several times, once was when I flew San Juan-New York-Manchester and after accepting a night in a hotel (no bad thing), I was double upgraded to First.

With a M.E or Asian airline, particularly one like Kuwait Airways, I imagine its a nightmare. Probably expected to sit on the floor for 3 weeks and wait till a space becomes available on a routing via timbuktu and be grateful.

RickyR
13th July 2012, 13:42
http://news.kuwaittimes.net/2012/07/08/kuwait-airways-grounds-three-ageing-planes-passenger-safety-first/