PDA

View Full Version : Hello to you all

Alan
19th July 2007, 14:02
Hello eveybody. I am Alan and I have just joined the site. I am a teacher here in England and have recently returned from the Philippines where I got married to my beautiful bride Hanna.
I am therefore feeling very happy at the moment - but also very sad because I had to leave her over there. We are now starting to process the (seemingly) hundreds of things she needs for her visa.
Anyway, I won't 'go on' too much in this first posting. Just to say if anyone wants a friend - then I'm not such a bad lad! Take care and God bless you all.

joebloggs
19th July 2007, 16:02
:Hellooo: welcome.. err better watch my english and my language :NoNo:

what do you teach Alan ?

:omg: we've got a teacher as a user :D - not such a bad lad ! we're all :censored: on here.. :D

scouser keith no more :action-smiley-081: or swearing, or you might be given lines to do :cwm24:

Mrs Daddy
19th July 2007, 16:07
Hi Allan,welcome :Hellooo: and Congrats on your wedding.Goodluck to your marriad life:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Tonet
19th July 2007, 17:50
Welcome Sir, :D just hope you wont mind my avatar :icon_lol:

singkit
19th July 2007, 18:34
Ha ha ha :23_116_6[1]:I like your avatar, tonet:D Hi, Alan Welcome to the forum!::smileybigtmouth: Congrats to your Wedding!

silver13
20th July 2007, 01:14
Ha ha ha :23_116_6[1]:I like your avatar, tonet:D Hi, Alan Welcome to the forum!::smileybigtmouth: Congrats to your Wedding!

what happen to monalisa's eye?:omg: she became more mysterious though:) hi singkit i guess your eyes is singkit as mine?? My fiance likes them though although most of the time people mistaken me being a Chinese or a Korean but i said I am Filipino and I am proud to be!

To Alan, welcome to the forum! :Hellooo::Hellooo::Hellooo: I think we have a similar line of profession but as much that i like to teach English, i need to learn more :bigcry::bigcry::bigcry:

joebloggs
20th July 2007, 02:05
the next person who is stupid enough to ask my wife where in china is she from, it will be their last words :cwm3::furious3: :cwm24:

mach
20th July 2007, 03:07
maBuhaY & weLcome :)

KeithD
20th July 2007, 09:22
the next person who is stupid enough to ask my wife where in china is she from, it will be their last words :cwm3::furious3: :cwm24:

Is your wife from China? :Erm:

IainBusby
20th July 2007, 10:30
Hi Alan and welcome to the forum, nice to meet you here!!!
Louella and Iain.

joebloggs
20th July 2007, 10:57
Is your wife from China? :Erm:

aghhh , i know your a scouser, and a bit :Rasp:, well a lot :Rasp: :Cuckoo:, i said the next person who asked my wife, you can ask me , i dont care ,,, :D

no shes from surigao del sur in the philippines ..

but maybe i'll tell her to read it., and she will :cwm3: :NEW4::xxsport-smiley-002::action-smiley-060:, dont mess with a 5ft filipina, you know better than that :xxgrinning--00xx3:

aromulus
20th July 2007, 12:01
no shes from surigao del sur in the philippines ..

Is it anywhere near Toxteth...???

:rolleyes:...:xxgrinning--00xx3:

joebloggs
20th July 2007, 13:24
hmm no, but you could easily get toxteth and Zamboanga mixed up .. :cwm3::Help1::NEW4::behead::NEW3::xxaction-smiley-047:xxsport-smiley-002::23_111_9[1]::action-smiley-060::devil-smiley-029:

:yikes:

Alan
20th July 2007, 13:54
Hi again. A great big SALAMAT to everyone who has written to me here. I am quite overwhelmed to have 12 responses in just 24 hours.
A lot of the replies have made me smile, laugh etc....I think I am going to like it here!
Joe - I teach mainly English, Maths and Languages. I have my own Education Centre. Have a look at my website. (BTW - Toxteth is a village on Negros ain't it???)
Mrs Daddy, Singkit, Silver13, Mach, Louella and Iain - thank you for your good wishes.
Finally - Tonet - I really don't know what you mean about your Avatar!!!!! Am I missing something? (Hmmmmm - must buy some books.)

God bless you all.

singkit
20th July 2007, 15:36
what happen to monalisa's eye?:omg: she became more mysterious though:) hi singkit i guess your eyes is singkit as mine?? My fiance likes them though although most of the time people mistaken me being a Chinese or a Korean but i said I am Filipino and I am proud to be!

To Alan, welcome to the forum! :Hellooo::Hellooo::Hellooo: I think we have a similar line of profession but as much that i like to teach English, i need to learn more :bigcry::bigcry::bigcry:

I thought Monalisa's smile have got all the credits for many years. So, for a change, am promoting Monalisa's eye :icon_lol: I think that's what you gonna get when you're not behaving good in this forum...a black eyed piece of :censored: Surely, you're not going to smile. :NoNo:
You're absolutely right. My eyes are singkit.:) And just like you, silver13, a lot of people asked me if I am chinese.:icon_lol: When I was in Hongkong, people talked to me in Cantonese and Mandarin. :furious3:But I find it amusing, though:smileybigtmouth:

bigtombowski
22nd July 2007, 12:09

joe , is your wife light-skinned filipina?
or are the ppl who ask just stupid? lol

Shifty-Sidney
22nd July 2007, 13:09
Hello Alan - i am new too.
Congrats! - just gotta ask - is there any specific reason you didnt bring your fiancee over here, marry her here and then sort the visa situation out? or am i being very naive and stupid thinking this may be a way forward.
regards mark

Peanutz
22nd July 2007, 14:19
Hello eveybody. I am Alan and I have just joined the site. I am a teacher here in England and have recently returned from the Philippines where I got married to my beautiful bride Hanna.
I am therefore feeling very happy at the moment - but also very sad because I had to leave her over there. We are now starting to process the (seemingly) hundreds of things she needs for her visa.
Anyway, I won't 'go on' too much in this first posting. Just to say if anyone wants a friend - then I'm not such a bad lad! Take care and God bless you all.

Welcome to the Forum Alan! Congrats to you and to your wife Hanna!!!

Goodluck to your visa processing and hope you can bring her in UK as soon as possible!!! :Hellooo:

Liliput39
22nd July 2007, 16:39

Congrulations to both you and your new wife, Hanna. I am a 'newbie' just like you, i have to say that they all seem pretty friendly in here. This is the first time I've tried this thing/forum, so crossing my fingers. You've told us that you are a teacher in English, promise you will forgiving with regards 'grammars':Erm::icon_lol:

andypaul
22nd July 2007, 17:43
Welcome to you Alan hope you are not suffering to much from the flood problems in oxfordshire. Hope the Forum is as much help as it is to the Wife and I.

andypaul
22nd July 2007, 17:51
Hello Alan - i am new too.
Congrats! - just gotta ask - is there any specific reason you didnt bring your fiancee over here, marry her here and then sort the visa situation out? or am i being very naive and stupid thinking this may be a way forward.
regards mark

Hi Mark i know your new and probably trying to read though all the posts and threads on this Site.

Many of us have got married in phill for one major reason so our Wifes families are free to attend due to the cost and visa implications for a phill traveling to the UK.

Another reason is our wifes can work once they are here if they so choose and we dont have to sort out flr after six months which im sure costs an arm and a leg like all uk visa applications do nowdays.

Before deciding on the fiancee or spouse visa route it is worth both sitting now and thinking about all the facotrs involved. One of the pluses of the Fiancees visa is if your Girlfriend cant fly over straight away you don't have so many worries about the 28 days rule which affects those on spouse visa when applying for ilr.
But with a Fiancee visa your wife can't work and i think that includes voluntary work at a charity shop etc (if anyone knows for sure please let us know) this if your wife is stuck at home with not much to do it may be tough on her.
lots of factors to think about in which route you take and one which people can give you both views of on this website.

joebloggs
22nd July 2007, 18:34
Hi again. A great big SALAMAT to everyone who has written to me here. I am quite overwhelmed to have 12 responses in just 24 hours.
A lot of the replies have made me smile, laugh etc....I think I am going to like it here!
Joe - I teach mainly English, Maths and Languages. I have my own Education Centre. Have a look at my website. (BTW - Toxteth is a village on Negros ain't it???)
Mrs Daddy, Singkit, Silver13, Mach, Louella and Iain - thank you for your good wishes.
Finally - Tonet - I really don't know what you mean about your Avatar!!!!! Am I missing something? (Hmmmmm - must buy some books.)

God bless you all.

wow, i missed this post, you have your own education centre :xxgrinning--00xx3:, and teach english and maths, well how about trying the impossible and educate a scouser :D, hes good at maths, but english and manners he is lacking in, as well as the art of being tact, (def scouser keith - tact n. Acute sensitivity to what is proper and appropriate in dealing with others, including the ability to speak or act without offending.) :icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

Liliput39
22nd July 2007, 21:17
wow, i missed this post, you have your own education centre :xxgrinning--00xx3:, and teach english and maths, well how about trying the impossible and educate a scouser :D, hes good at maths, but english and manners he is lacking in, as well as the art of being tact, (def scouser keith - tact n. Acute sensitivity to what is proper and appropriate in dealing with others, including the ability to speak or act without offending.) :icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

Have to add, he sounds scary too or read scary too??:Erm: His avatar's :yikes:, had a bad day when his pix taken:Erm:. Sorry sir Keith, and if you say anything about my avatar, I had my happy pill, when it was taken -thank you:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

Alan
23rd July 2007, 19:50
Once again I am gobsmacked by all good wishes from you all. Thank you so much. Think I'll go in chatroom - sounds a good idea.
One thing though guys, yes, I am a teacher (want something even more scary? - I used to be a Head Teacher) and I'm afraid that if any of you make any spelling or grammatical errors here - then you are going to have to serve a detention!!! (in my local pub of course so we can have a drinkipoos together.)
(Alan now waits for millions of 'on purpose' spelling errors.)
God bless you all.

Peanutz
23rd July 2007, 20:34
Once again I am gobsmacked by all good wishes from you all. Thank you so much. Think I'll go in chatroom - sounds a good idea.
One thing though guys, yes, I am a teacher (want something even more scary? - I used to be a Head Teacher) and I'm afraid that if any of you make any spelling or grammatical errors here - then you are going to have to serve a detention!!! (in my local pub of course so we can have a drinkipoos together.)
(Alan now waits for millions of 'on purpose' spelling errors.)
God bless you all.

PROF! I need to be tutored on my ENGLISH lesson:Hellooo:!:D

pennybarry
6th August 2007, 07:14
Oh! here arrived my tutor in French to be:BouncyHappy:. Goodluck to you and Hanna.

bigtombowski
6th August 2007, 10:27
LoL

Alan
10th August 2007, 17:14
Penny - Peanutz - would love to offer you lessons in French/English - but what about the logistics? How, when, where, how etc........

Al

Pepe n Pilar
11th August 2007, 05:03

Hi Alan,
Welcome to this site. I am also a new member here just registered yesterday. I have found this site very useful and informative. I have joined this forum just so i can read infos about marriage and immigration since i am being sponsored by my fiance.
So you're a teacher in English, wow!. Anyway, i have heard that it is easy to travel to the U.K. by fiancee visa than letting him come over and get married in the Phils. Is this true? In your case, how many months is the waiting time before your wife could fly to England? Take care and God Bless

charlwill
12th August 2007, 10:56
Hi Alan,
Congrats ad God Bless.