PDA

View Full Version : Enhanced Disclosure

Moy
8th July 2012, 10:48
been month now since i applied for a job nearby:) a day after my interviewed they require me to submit paperwork to prove i am eligible/allowed to work in the UK although i dont have my passport as i only shows the letter from UKBA about recently application which they agree and accepted as a proof i can work here legally..
anyway they take that as they want to process my CRB..which will takes 2-3 weeks as they said..and 2 days after that they call again but that time iw asnt there the husband answer the call as they ask a references and they know already since the first day i applied and of course i have stated on my application and on interview thay i never work here in the UK its my first time to work in case and that all my reference was all in the Philippines..ANYWAY to cut the story short the husband give them a references from here the people we know and knows me of course..2 of them but confusing as the one person my reference call us back that the lady from which i applied send her a paperwork to fill up of to which its like i was employed by him :cwm24:before:omg::doh
its a personal references that all we have here..and now its been a month since i applied the CRB already came out and been send to me last monday..and am waiting for a call to them but they never have..is it right for me to call them or just wait..for them to contact me..a ma eager to work of course but i am confuse as to wheather they also waiting for a reference that wont never arrive as they my references are all in the PH..what i got here is only personal ref..:doh one time we drop by and leave my name to inquire for my status but the boss was ill and i dunno if they pass my message about the confusing references they ask to me:cwm3:
and if a company release a CRB for you does it mean they hire you..?? its a shame as the last conversation they make was with the huisband telling him that i go the job and they want t reference here rather than contacting my refrences in the ph:doh

any inputs

Jack1969_uk
8th July 2012, 11:33
Follow it up with the company your message may not have been passed on its just a courtesy call to enquire if they were satisfied with your references

Moy
8th July 2012, 11:40
Follow it up with the company your message may not have been passed on its just a courtesy call to enquire if they were satisfied with your references

thanks for reply jack1969_uk:)
i will try to do it tomorrow i think as i was just keen to know whats goin on..really:rolleyes:

somebody
8th July 2012, 12:03
Yep politely chase it up like everywhere in the world Administrators and workers only do what they are chased and reminded to do quite often. Knowing someone is asking them about the references and also there to answer any questions they may possibly have. I am amazed how when you chase and enquire a company goes oh we were unsure of this or could you confirm the details for us..

To put it bluntly only person who cares about your application is you, so make sure it becomes a priority for the person processing but with out making them :cwm23:

The wifes Citzenship, UK Visa and a recent security check she needed for her work pass all needed her to "Enquire" to speed things up as they had got "stuck in the system"

I.E she made it someones business to check the details and process it :D

Moy
8th July 2012, 13:32
thanks for the reply somebody its just make me worry you know:rolleyes: i was hoping and now it seems being buried in hopes:cwm3: but in a way i dunno want to sounds desperate lolz..anyway in the first place they shows interest and ive just shows the same as well and now it hang me:doh and i dunno to where my position is..
is having CRB from them..does it means i am in position to chase the said offered job? and have i got right to call them..what should i say..:D:rolleyes:

lastlid
8th July 2012, 13:35
thanks for the reply somebody its just make me worry you know:rolleyes: i was hoping and now it seems being buried in hopes:cwm3: but in a way i dunno want to sounds desperate lolz..anyway in the first place they shows interest and ive just shows the same as well and now it hang me:doh and i dunno to where my position is..
is having CRB from them..does it means i am in position to chase the said offered job? and have i got right to call them..what should i say..:D:rolleyes:

CRB checks, as requested by my previous employer, tended to take several weeks. They always slowed the hiring process down and often were the last requirement to be finalised, thus holding up the eventual hire.

There is no harm in giving the employer a call.

Moy
8th July 2012, 14:27
CRB checks, as requested by my previous employer, tended to take several weeks. They always slowed the hiring process down and often were the last requirement to be finalised, thus holding up the eventual hire.

There is no harm in giving the employer a call.

hiya lastid..my CRB result has been send to me last week already and not even a single call from them i didnt hear from them ..as you know am confuse as well as the last time they spoken to my husband they want a ref from here wherein the ref i got is only back from PH..AS THEY know anyway during my interview;) but again confuse as my other ref from here is only a personal ref and not a work ref..and still they send him a paper to fill up as though i was emplyoyed by him:NoNo::doh
and i dont know to where my position right now..
i am tempted to applied another job but in the same place i dunt wnt to regret that i might be hire you know..so i felt i cant really move..:cwm3: if u know what am saying:D

lastlid
8th July 2012, 14:35
hiya lastid..my CRB result has been send to me last week already and not even a single call from them i didnt hear from them ..as you know am confuse as well as the last time they spoken to my husband they want a ref from here wherein the ref i got is only back from PH..AS THEY know anyway during my interview;) but again confuse as my other ref from here is only a personal ref and not a work ref..and still they send him a paper to fill up as though i was emplyoyed by him:NoNo::doh
and i dont know to where my position right now..
i am tempted to applied another job but in the same place i dunt wnt to regret that i might be hire you know..so i felt i cant really move..:cwm3: if u know what am saying:D

If in doubt give them a shout....:telephone:

Moy
8th July 2012, 14:45
is it right to do lastid??:D

lastlid
8th July 2012, 14:52
is it right to do lastid??:D I can't see why not. Also, it demonstrates to them that you want the job. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Moy
8th July 2012, 15:21
I can't see why not. Also, it demonstrates to them that you want the job. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

but i thought they doin my CRB..that enough proof that they want me as well..is having CRB done means the company wants you or is it everyone who applied they do crb commonly here in the UK..as anyway its all there expenses:D:rolleyes:

lastlid
8th July 2012, 15:26
but i thought they doin my CRB..that enough proof that they want me as well..is having CRB done means the company wants you or is it everyone who applied they do crb commonly here in the UK..as anyway its all there expenses:D:rolleyes:

I see what you mean. Yes, the fact that they are requesting your CRB is a good sign. It sounds like they want to employ you. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

As I recall, they only request CRB's for those they want to offer a job to.

Moy
8th July 2012, 15:46
I see what you mean. Yes, the fact that they are requesting your CRB is a good sign. It sounds like they want to employ you. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

As I recall, they only request CRB's for those they want to offer a job to.

that's the whole point lastid:D why im also keen to give them a call but at the same time i dont want to spoil in case they want me but am also confuse to my real status except for the confusing references that they ask;):rolleyes:

sars_notd_virus
8th July 2012, 22:40
just wait for their call Moy, if they really need you they will get in touch with you....regarding references , it should be the one from the UK , its just formality they don't actually ring or phone them.;)

Moy
9th July 2012, 10:26
just wait for their call Moy, if they really need you they will get in touch with you....regarding references , it should be the one from the UK , its just formality they don't actually ring or phone them.;)

thanks for the reply sars :) but as you know its my first time to really apply for a job herein the UK and obviously im also keen and curious as to what the company's policy regrading hiring there employee as i assume after CRB done they goin to at least get in touch to you but in my case week now i didnt hear anything from them lolz :D if whats my real status :rolleyes:
as you know it worry me as well regarding references here in the UK is only personal ref..not a work ref:) and that conversation the last time was with the husband given them from here..but after few days one ref from here call us back that my prospective employer send him a paperwork to fill up as though i been employed by him :doh so the miscommunication is so obvious and it bothers me.. :doh as much as i want to get it done i dont want to be sound as desperate lolz. but i felt trap as i i dunno wheather to apply more job in case that job will turn up and hire me..if you know what am saying..:cwm3: