PDA

View Full Version : 7th July Anniversary.

bigmarco
7th July 2012, 12:43
Today is always a day that Underground workers remember that awful day 7 years ago that claimed so many innocent lives. As well as the dead and their loved ones we should also remember the emergency services,staff and members of the public who done so much to help so many.
That day showed us how vulnerable both London and the Underground is to these cowards. My abiding memory of that event is the way Londoners in true British style never let it beat them, as in a matter of days they were all back working on and using the tube.
Terrorists may sometimes hurt us but they will never defeat us. I find a particular perversity that somebody in the name of their God would seek to destroy what he created in the belief that they will be personally thanked by him.
RIP the 52
RIH the perpetrators.

lastlid
7th July 2012, 13:16
I think I told you that I used to work in London and travelled in by tube (central line) daily. During that time the IRA were highly active and I always felt that the underground, unfortunately, would have been an "ideal" place to create maximum carnage and mayhem. Fortunately, at the time, it never happened. Bombs were set off elsewhere.

bigmarco
7th July 2012, 13:32
I think I told you that I used to work in London and travelled in by tube (central line) daily. During that time the IRA were highly active and I always felt that the underground, unfortunately, would have been an "ideal" place to create maximum carnage and mayhem. Fortunately, at the time, it never happened. Bombs were set off elsewhere.

Yes I do remember you saying that Lastlid. I remember those dark days aswell the only difference being they were not suicide bombers and on most occassions there used to be some sort of warning although there were some nasty ones aswell.
Thinking back then it's amazing how times have changed. I remember my Dad having his garage checked over by the police simply because he was Irish. He didn't object in anyway and totally understood why the police were doing it. They were polite and he was polite, they had a look and went on their way.
Imagine that happening nowdays. You would have uproar with Cherie Blair and the Human rights brigade everywhere.

andy222
7th July 2012, 13:58
Sadly the tube is always going to be a prime target and a difficult one to protect.